Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pro Circuit Racers Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2016, 03:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Questions?? Pro Circuit Racers Suspension

Hi, what have you guys seen? Do professional circuit racers use the stock plastic A arm setup that comes with a rolling chassis kit? i was looking at pictures and it seems as if the dont use those fancy billet parts at all... they also dont seem to use carbon fiber shock towers... just wondering due to wanted to replace my cheap TKI3 rtr kit standoff towers for something better due to the front one bent slightly and the A arms seem to be plastic, and i see this is the cheapest thinest stamped stainless there is for the towers it has.... my question is because the billet parts are cheaper in price than the HARD Kyosho towers and look better, but i respect Kyosho and apparently Factory Racers use the Kyosho brand...
So what about the durability of plastic A arms??
Old 08-12-2016, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I honestly can read what your trying to ask?
If your just upgrading a rtr just buy picked kit parts from dollar hobbies.
The only car I've ever seen that came with aluminum arms was the lsn but only because hot bodies couldn't get arms molded. Adding weight there is only going to slow things down more and transfer the breakage somewhere not as cheap and easy to replace.
Old 08-12-2016, 04:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

No one in their right mine runs billet for one simple reason. Weight. They aren't more durable. They bend and stay bent instead of bouncing back, they don't provide any benefit what so ever.

As for shock towers, it depends on the track conditions. For low bite and bumpy you will see some switch to carbon/graphite for more flex and give to help keep/increase traction. High grip and smooth, run aluminum to keep the suspension tighter and more planted. They are tuning options not for looks

Only thing billet bling is for is the Bashers who like shiny. Even in the bashing world serious people run rpm not billet.
Old 08-14-2016, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rotor head33
No one in their right mine runs billet for one simple reason. Weight. They aren't more durable. They bend and stay bent instead of bouncing back, they don't provide any benefit what so ever.

As for shock towers, it depends on the track conditions. For low bite and bumpy you will see some switch to carbon/graphite for more flex and give to help keep/increase traction. High grip and smooth, run aluminum to keep the suspension tighter and more planted. They are tuning options not for looks

Only thing billet bling is for is the Bashers who like shiny. Even in the bashing world serious people run rpm not billet.
Not true in the least. This is not what the pro's told me. Some parts can be better in Carbon though
Old 08-14-2016, 06:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (78%+)

I'm lost here? Are we talking about shock towers or a-arms?

As far as shock towers go, carbon or aluminum is more of a tuning option as the carbon flexes more than the aluminum. And as for a-arms go I would run what ever is stock in the kit,