Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
TKi3 suspension >

TKi3 suspension

TKi3 suspension

Old 08-11-2016, 10:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Questions?? TKi3 suspension

Is there such thing as shorter or longer shock towers for TKI3? i was trying to replace the shock springs and see there are springs listed as medium or short ,, i got confused with that part , also some say they are for the medium shock towers,,can somebody clear this out please?
Old 08-12-2016, 05:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/14622889-post605.html
Old 08-12-2016, 12:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks jmackani, what about the bottoming out? is that normal or are there springs or bump stops that prevent to bottom out? i dont know much , i wonder about the sky blue springs i see all the time on pictures , do springs prevent that ?, this rtr kit had the black/grey toned springs. Are there better spring brands? or is it best to use kyosho brand?

Last edited by xicanopower; 08-12-2016 at 12:50 PM. Reason: to thank the tech champion who answered to me.
Old 08-12-2016, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Springs have nothing to do with bottoming out unless your spring is either way to soft that it can't support the weight of the car or so stiff the car can't compress them. That's entirely your piston and oil choice. The chassis on buggies and truggies is ment to slap down on hard impacts distributing the load
Old 08-13-2016, 06:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Kyoshos are notorious bottom draggers, and yes there are two different shock towers and corresponding shocks.
Old 08-13-2016, 08:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Which different ones are there? could you please tell me about it , i would be greatful if you would take your time to tell me about it...

Originally Posted by fenton06
Kyoshos are notorious bottom draggers, and yes there are two different shock towers and corresponding shocks.
Old 08-13-2016, 09:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fenton06
Notorious how? My MP7.5, MP777, and MP9 buggies all had the same wear as my Mugen buggies, nothing seemed like the Kyoshos chassis was bottoming more than others.