Wiki Posts
Search

The 2016 IFMAR Worlds thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racingnewb
2nd-6th was alw ays changing, it was entertaining. Not as cool as people fighting for the lead like the semi's but still pretty cool. This was the first big race I watched and it was sweet. My brother put it on the tv for me so I didn't have to watch it on my laptop. David was so consistent, even before the last couple mins. He had a couple lucky landings but just a lot less bobbles then anybody else. I was rooting for Lutz since he has been very helpful this year but not the best start for him. Does anybody know what happened to lutz early on? He had a few real fast laps
Lutz just couldnt get going like he wanted to. He was still happy to be in the show. He said this was the 1st time finishing a wc race,he always broke in the others.

Yes batlle did very well,i sat next to the spanish team. Very nice guys.
Old 10-10-2016, 12:30 PM
Tech Regular

Did you notice that the Elliot Reds has a stronger top end than Cavalieri OS?
Old 10-10-2016, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jeff1
Did you notice that the Elliot Reds has a stronger top end than Cavalieri OS?
Elliot had more motor than everybody. He always does
Old 10-10-2016, 04:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Someone said that he was pitting at 6 minutes too. (Not confirmed) if so the power isn't worth the loss of runtime in a main event
Old 10-10-2016, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Brian C
Someone said that he was pitting at 6 minutes too. (Not confirmed) if so the power isn't worth the loss of runtime in a main event
Yea I was the one that said 6mins... That's not why he wasn't a contender. He crashed on the 1st lap. Hard to come from the back at this level. But fuel stops didn't help
Old 10-10-2016, 07:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AllyITA
in a worlds final you don't "strategically" do more stops than other people.

even at the last euros boots did more stops than other drivers (he still won the last two in a row)
I hope you're aware that you contradicted yourself.

If you have the extra power to pull-away from the cars behind you, the extra fuel stop can be worthwhile. In Boots' case however, that crash at the beginning ruined the strategy. Also, just because they can probably go 10+minutes on a tank, doesn't mean that they should. If you're in your pit window but you're coming up on traffic, sometimes it pays to duck into the pits a lap early and beat your opponent on strategy than risk a crash from trying to overtake on the track.
Old 10-10-2016, 07:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hairymuffin
Lutz just couldnt get going like he wanted to. He was still happy to be in the show. He said this was the 1st time finishing a wc race,he always broke in the others.

Yes batlle did very well,i sat next to the spanish team. Very nice guys.
Got to hand it to Lutz for doing relatively well, being the sole Alpha motor in the main!
Old 10-10-2016, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan
Got to hand it to Lutz for doing relatively well, being the sole Alpha motor in the main!
Yea he helped me pit in the 1/8 final.. glad he finished the race
Old 10-10-2016, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan
Only one flame out the whole week. That's a new record for him with that motor program. Glad to see him do well.
Old 10-10-2016, 09:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Maybe someone gonna make small table with avg. pit window for every semifinal driver attended and motor maker/model?
Old 10-10-2016, 11:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I had the chance to be there in person. This race more than any I witnessed was all about line choices, something the euro guys had the advantage of. My buddies and I were hanging out by the banked corner leading to the paver stones and the lines that ronafalk and boots were using in that section were easily good for over a half second. The euro guys were quick to switch up too as the track was changing, just doing their damnedest to avoid the holes. And this was thursday during the last rounds of qualifying, even when it was not a clear advantage time wise, but they were just staying ahead of the track, and betting the advantages would eventually come their way, which it did. and those odd lines were now second nature.

For some reason the americans could not get out of the "proper" racing line, till it was too late. They were just driving through all the holes, just slower. Out of all the americans Tebo was the worst at this. hitting every damn hole in qualifying, he only tq'd because he never pushed it and crashed never. In the mains he started to change some but was still hitting more holes than the competition. tessman got the idea before the mains at least, and from my vantage point was using an outside line the euros were using back on thursday. by saturday most of the euros were going way inside in this particular corner using the curbing and straddling the tube. Cole ogden was another guy who was getting it, in this corner he decided to use the curb as a ramp and cut the track, it was looking awesome, unfortunately it wasn't showing much advantage and he gave up after 5 laps or so reverting to just straddling the tube like the others.

It was just amazing to watch, how some of these guys were reading the track. Glad I went in person because the video does not at all reflect the conditions and driving I saw of that track. I sure as hell learned alot all the while being entertained. Great race, even if the guy I was rooting for (Tebo) didn't do as well as I expected.
Old 10-11-2016, 05:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by captain america
I hope you're aware that you contradicted yourself.

If you have the extra power to pull-away from the cars behind you, the extra fuel stop can be worthwhile. In Boots' case however, that crash at the beginning ruined the strategy. Also, just because they can probably go 10+minutes on a tank, doesn't mean that they should. If you're in your pit window but you're coming up on traffic, sometimes it pays to duck into the pits a lap early and beat your opponent on strategy than risk a crash from trying to overtake on the track.
Adding an extra pit stop is pretty much always slower no matter when you take that stop. If you can go 11 minutes and need to hit 10 minute stops then yes you have some flexibility on when you stop. Most people going on ten minute stops don't have the flexibility or don't want to risk running out of gas which is much worse than crashing.
Old 10-11-2016, 06:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johnny t
I had the chance to be there in person. This race more than any I witnessed was all about line choices, something the euro guys had the advantage of. My buddies and I were hanging out by the banked corner leading to the paver stones and the lines that ronafalk and boots were using in that section were easily good for over a half second. The euro guys were quick to switch up too as the track was changing, just doing their damnedest to avoid the holes. And this was thursday during the last rounds of qualifying, even when it was not a clear advantage time wise, but they were just staying ahead of the track, and betting the advantages would eventually come their way, which it did. and those odd lines were now second nature.

For some reason the americans could not get out of the "proper" racing line, till it was too late. They were just driving through all the holes, just slower. Out of all the americans Tebo was the worst at this. hitting every damn hole in qualifying, he only tq'd because he never pushed it and crashed never. In the mains he started to change some but was still hitting more holes than the competition. tessman got the idea before the mains at least, and from my vantage point was using an outside line the euros were using back on thursday. by saturday most of the euros were going way inside in this particular corner using the curbing and straddling the tube. Cole ogden was another guy who was getting it, in this corner he decided to use the curb as a ramp and cut the track, it was looking awesome, unfortunately it wasn't showing much advantage and he gave up after 5 laps or so reverting to just straddling the tube like the others.

It was just amazing to watch, how some of these guys were reading the track. Glad I went in person because the video does not at all reflect the conditions and driving I saw of that track. I sure as hell learned alot all the while being entertained. Great race, even if the guy I was rooting for (Tebo) didn't do as well as I expected.
I agree. I was watching from the same area and noticed that. Tebo seemed to hurt in that area. I was rooting for him.
Old 10-11-2016, 08:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Mark,Gil, n Joel

Congrats to Mark Pavidis and crew at AKA. Thanks for spreading it around.
Old 10-11-2016, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

In qualifying drake had fuel for 13mins... he still pitted a 10 in his semi. An exra fuel stop can set you back 10 seconds,wich is a lot in a main event

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.