Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wheel balancing- how important is it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2016, 08:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Wheel balancing- how important is it?

So I just read the article on the rctech page and I was wondering how many people balance there wheels and if it really is so important to do it ?
Old 05-11-2016, 08:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fizzy
So I just read the article on the rctech page and I was wondering how many people balance there wheels and if it really is so important to do it ?
Truggy tires, all of them, they are so heavy and if they are out of balance its noticable on the track. Buggy i only do if they are really out of whack
Old 05-12-2016, 02:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Same. Truggy tires almost always need it, buggy tires only if they're really hopping up and down when I rev it on the bump box. With buggy tires you spend all that time balancing them but as soon as a chunk of dirt from the track gets stuck to the inside of the wheel they're out of balance again anyway.
Old 05-12-2016, 05:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I think it's very important....but as the others say, truggy mainly. If your tires are jumpin up and down on the box, they jumpin up and down on the track...not the best set up for good traction and predictability. Bottom line, balance your truggy tires, you will be happier if you do.
Old 05-12-2016, 09:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I feel like unbalanced wheels and tires put undo wear and tear on the car . If the unbalance is enough you can see it , imagine the extra strain its putting on those bearings and cvd pin joints , and the arms at the inner pins. Wearing them out , and adding even more slop into the mix. At least I see it in my head that way
Old 05-12-2016, 11:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I agree with everyone on this topic. I find that Truggy is most important, but will all tires (buggy and truggy) it also helps keep everything performance wise consistent.
For example, before I balanced buggy tires, i could not understand why I would run Impacts (for example) and they were great. They'd wear out, I would put a new pair on, and they were not as good. Once I started balancing everything, I got the results I expected set to set.
Old 05-12-2016, 11:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Never felt the need to balance any of my tires buggy or truggy. Runny outdoors, all the ruts and mud is going to throw the balance off anyways. Indoors on a smooth track, I can see the benefits. Just not outdoor. Just my opinion.
Old 05-12-2016, 12:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mr240
Never felt the need to balance any of my tires buggy or truggy. Runny outdoors, all the ruts and mud is going to throw the balance off anyways. Indoors on a smooth track, I can see the benefits. Just not outdoor. Just my opinion.
me too.
Old 05-13-2016, 01:39 AM
Tech Champion

Not feeling it doesn't mean it doesn't change a thing.

Balancing tires only provides benefits for obvious reasons: better balance of the car, more consistent grip, better wear, better for the bearings, less shaking,.. so why not doing it? it's cheap and fast
Old 05-17-2016, 06:25 AM
Tech Adept

Very.......... All sizes, all vehicles, all conditions.
Old 05-17-2016, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RaceDayHobbies
Very.......... All sizes, all vehicles, all conditions.
^^ This^^
Old 05-17-2016, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

I've been running truggy since 2006 and I have NEVER balanced truggy tires.. Never had an issue. I have found that on the outdoor tracks we run on moves the foam around.
Old 05-18-2016, 01:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
I've been running truggy since 2006 and I have NEVER balanced truggy tires.. Never had an issue. I have found that on the outdoor tracks we run on moves the foam around.
Try, get 2 sets of tires, balance one, not the other, drive one straight after the after, i could feel a difference and mine werent that far out
Old 05-18-2016, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Gavel
Try, get 2 sets of tires, balance one, not the other, drive one straight after the after, i could feel a difference and mine werent that far out
Oh, I have tried. Had the best tire prep man on the planet glue and balance them. Had to rebalance after every run... Still have the jig and clay.
Old 05-19-2016, 08:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Tires shaking and jumping around on the box.....balance them!! It's doing the exact same thing everywhere on the track...breaking traction and slowing you down...I promise you...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.