Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MBX5

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 01:33 AM
Tech Regular

MC-Yes the Proline HD wing is real nice, and I'll tell you something else alot of guys are running on the new R is the wing mount kit off off the MBX5T truggy. The wing mount kit from the truggy is more durable and it comes off of the rear shock tower at a lower angle and goes further back, thus making the wing slightly lower and a little further back, which lowers the buggy's center of gravity which helps in the corners, and makes the car more stable at high speeds by being further back.
Old 10-27-2006, 05:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just the wing stays or standoffs from the MBX5T? Sounds like something to try. I can't wait to start the R build. Guys here in the area are happy that I stayed with the Mugen instead of getting the eight.
Old 10-27-2006, 06:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Ryan thanks for the setup info. The R was the best since I got it. I did like the grey's better than the blue rears, but it was still a good setup.

Just in case anyone can not find the upper hinge pin mount. the Associated servo spacers are the one piece spacers that will fit directly under the top plate and lower the roll center 1.4mm (close to 1.5).

I was told by Paul at Eck-Tec that Carolina should be ordering more next week. I check everyday!

Also Ryan, Harry's Hobbies in Jax should have contacted you about the Outerwears stuff. We should start running it in Fla soon.
Old 10-27-2006, 06:58 AM
Tech Master

BTW J-concepts are working on some new things to make your "R" stand out.
Old 10-27-2006, 03:58 PM
Tech Regular

Everything comes in the kit for like $8.50, it's the actual standoffs coming off of the tower that make the difference, their angled diffrent than the buggy. The rest of the stuff at the top where the wing mounts is the same as the buggy. Part# MUGE0407

Old 10-27-2006, 04:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default set up info

hello ,

mr barnes ,

very new to 1/8th buggys .

im going to give your set up a go , but in what postion is the inside rear lower shock tower , and rear postion for the camber link on hub ,

and can you tell me how puting a spacer under the upper arm postion rear works , and how to do this ,

thanks heaps ,

mike keyes , perth australia .
Old 10-27-2006, 05:57 PM
Tech Regular

Mike, my rear camber link is top outside on the hub and inner middle on the tower. This is a "Longer link" setup- that will increase the buggy's stability, but slow down it's response.

I noticed that Scott Hughes rear camber links were top inner hole on the hubs and bottom inner hole on the tower, which is a slightly shorter camber link, and being in the bottom hole on the tower it will create a higher rear roll center, which will give you a little more traction from mid-corner to exit, and will decrease the buggy's chances of a traction roll. I plan to try this rear link setup atleast 1 qualifier on saturday.

As for the front upper arm hingepin, you can use the 1.5mm spacers that are used for spacing your servos, or use a couple small washers placed between your top plate and the upper arm rear hinge pin holders. I am now running my front top hinge pins in the center tower location and the Eck-Tec bracket in the rear which is 1.5mm lower than stock position. If you don't want to bother with the spacing you can always run your pins in the top hole position in the tower and lower brackets in the rear until you can get the Eck-Tec bracket. All of this will help with the cars response, make it change directions quicker and keep it from traction rolling.

Good Luck! Cheers! -Ryan
Old 10-27-2006, 06:46 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

An often forgotten difference between the Prospec rear hubs and the plastic ones is that the Prospec camber link positions are all more outboard than the plastic. The inner holes on the prospec hubs are the same position as the outers on the plastic. It is good to check that if duplicating a setup from another car. I always ran the plastic ones.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Where can I check out the Eck-Tec products?
Old 10-27-2006, 07:35 PM
Tech Regular

This is where I get all of mine. Great people to deal with, and they should be restocked on Eck-Tec parts by the end of next week. If you click on "view" on a certain part it will say if it is in stock. Later-Barnes

http://carolinasrc.com/Webstore/Scri...?idcategory=39
Tech Master

http://www.eck-tec.com/content/news.php

but carolina r/c is the US distributor.

You can see all the products on carolinasrc.com but they are out of the hinge pin mount.
Tech Master

quick on the keys
Old 10-27-2006, 07:39 PM
Tech Regular

And on the TRACK!!! Just trying to help my fellow MUGEN pilots out!!!
Old 10-27-2006, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the Eck-Tec info. Gonna check it out right now.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You sound like good help Barnes. I'm going to need your standard setup to try in the spring when you get around to it. Sounds like you get alot more freetime to test things out than I do. I'm always looking for a new setup to try out. My old prospec is still hooked up, I was going to try and copy it over to the R when it comes and start from there.

Thanks for all the info, Chad

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.