Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree105Likes

TLR 8ight 4.0

Hide Wikipost
Old 07-09-2016, 05:15 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: TLR 8ight 4.0
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: racer1812
Welcome to the 8ight 4.0 Wiki!

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2017, 02:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Not to be a "starter of rumors", but I've heard from some pretty reliable sources that some of the TLR factory drivers are currently testing some one-off parts for a possible 8ight 5.0 buggy. Was told the release date would be late spring-early summer.

Has anyone else heard any rumors or have any insight about an upcoming 5.0 buggy?
Old 12-29-2017, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

There is ALOT of newer parts out right now for the 4.0. Factory guys are always testing new parts.
Old 12-30-2017, 07:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Officespace
Not to be a "starter of rumors", but I've heard from some pretty reliable sources that some of the TLR factory drivers are currently testing some one-off parts for a possible 8ight 5.0 buggy. Was told the release date would be late spring-early summer.

Has anyone else heard any rumors or have any insight about an upcoming 5.0 buggy?
I would imagine by March or May we will know more on a 5.0. When you see those 4.0 buggies going on clearance you will know your a few months if not weeks out from a new kit. But seeing as we didn’t get those blow out prices a few months ago I would imagine we are still around a year out from getting the 5.0. They more then likely have a variation of the car in every top losi drivers possession.

On the note of this, what really could they do to further evolve this platform? The shocks are maxed out on size and length, as is the chassis and arms in my opinion! To me every car has a feeling and losi continues to develope more in each update but this next update has me wondering where they are going to target to improve. The plastics are the best for durability because they don’t break, yes they warp but I rather have a car that absorbs a hit they remember rather then breaking. The hard parts I believe has been updated in drivetrain to the max, tower and shock angles are incredible visually and the spindles and carriers have been made to a size I believe can’t be any smaller without risking failure. Makes me wonder where they make changes and what’s not perfect. They even have the tuning kit for the rough tracks. Really the 4.0 has so much support I see the car one day having different variations like the 2.0 has with the European spec car, make it good everywhere for anyone that needs those configurations to tailor their track. Other then that maybe a whole new car.
RandyJones, kaptain crash and ASA like this.
Old 12-30-2017, 10:02 PM
TIX
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The smaller changes I'd like to see,
The return to inclined kingpin spindles.
A new narrower rear gearbox to allow for longer rear arms.
New hinge pin braces with square bushings to give more adjustment.
Old 01-01-2018, 06:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TIX
Square bushings, are you crazy?.... joking.....I have a large sandwich bag of them dang things. They need to raise the receiver box lid, tired of smashed wires going into the receiver. Its o.k. if you run Spektrum, but futaba's are a tight fit. I just finished a total reworking my Gen III tray with a taller lid and the battery box lid that comes off only using 2 back screws. No other screws needed. I would post pictures of it but... certain losi fly boys "Token" ...cough cough....LOVE it the way it is now. Lolzzz. But like the dog bones, much cheaper to maintain.
Old 01-01-2018, 06:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TIX
I really like the gearbox idea, the flipped ring gear does make the diff wide. Obviously tho it's for placement of the rear center bone angle. It does force a shorter set of rear arms tho which makes me wonder why they would take that trade off.
Old 01-01-2018, 11:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Needs longer front arms, that will make the whole package feel way more planted. It can be done with the same design, it just needs a bit of optimization.

I'd also move the battery to behind the stg servo. Even if they have to change the battery.

I'm good with the rear arms going longer too, but I wouldn't go longer if the front ones end up shorter.
Old 01-02-2018, 02:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by xemanuelli
Needs longer front arms, that will make the whole package feel way more planted. It can be done with the same design, it just needs a bit of optimization.

I'd also move the battery to behind the stg servo. Even if they have to change the battery.

I'm good with the rear arms going longer too, but I wouldn't go longer if the front ones end up shorter.
It's pretty clear the radio tray needs more space. I have to use a 900 Lipo pack because anything bigger just frustrates me. And the on off switch being behind the battery is another thing I wish would change, does anyone get worried the battery sits on top of the on off wires? I think move the on off switch near the receiver box, keep the battery box the same and get rid of the rear placed on the on off switch which will make a ton more room, make the front diff shimmable and the rear diff small like the front diff and increase arm width in rear.
Old 01-03-2018, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

Why move the switch? Its perfect where it is, you don't have to remove the bod or bend the body to turn off and on. I do run Spektrum and don't have any issue with the size of the radio box, everything fits perfectly including my transponder. I run a 2200 lipo and have plenty of room to run wires around the battery. I know alot of people that shorten the wires as well. The only thing I would change on the radio tray was to add a slot where the servos mount to make it easier to install servos.

They recently released ALOT of parts for the 4.0. It would totally suck for racers that brought all these parts to turn around see a new car. But we are in a Worlds year so we will start seeing more about the car late summer as the Worlds dates are Nov 1-10th.

BTW - the newer set up with the LLRC C and D and the EVO springs have been really good for me. TLR Engineers are always working to improve their cars....

Thanks your "losi fly boy "Token"
Old 01-03-2018, 03:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by token
Why move the switch? Its perfect where it is, you don't have to remove the bod or bend the body to turn off and on. I do run Spektrum and don't have any issue with the size of the radio box, everything fits perfectly including my transponder. I run a 2200 lipo and have plenty of room to run wires around the battery. I know alot of people that shorten the wires as well. The only thing I would change on the radio tray was to add a slot where the servos mount to make it easier to install servos.

They recently released ALOT of parts for the 4.0. It would totally suck for racers that brought all these parts to turn around see a new car. But we are in a Worlds year so we will start seeing more about the car late summer as the Worlds dates are Nov 1-10th.

BTW - the newer set up with the LLRC C and D and the EVO springs have been really good for me. TLR Engineers are always working to improve their cars....

Hey losi fly boy R U racing the stock chassis or lightened? What colors springs you using? Are they taller then the kit springs?
Old 01-03-2018, 04:03 PM
Tech Master

Default WTF

Originally Posted by kaptain crash
Hey losi fly boy R U racing the stock chassis or lightened? What colors springs you using? Are they taller then the kit springs?
Why do they have change things...now need to look in my 2.0 junk box to run these springs...
Old 01-03-2018, 10:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by token

The radio tray is great but I was specifically saying the on off switch because of wires that run under the battery. It would be nice to see maybe a way to run your on off wires around the battery so it doesn't touch. N Forsure the servos are insane to get in n out, can I make my own slot so it is easier or will that mess up the tray?
Old 01-04-2018, 05:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Piva
It's pretty clear the radio tray needs more space. I have to use a 900 Lipo pack because anything bigger just frustrates me. And the on off switch being behind the battery is another thing I wish would change, does anyone get worried the battery sits on top of the on off wires? I think move the on off switch near the receiver box, keep the battery box the same and get rid of the rear placed on the on off switch which will make a ton more room, make the front diff shimmable and the rear diff small like the front diff and increase arm width in rear.
I used a 2400mah lipo pack, was a snug fit but worked fine.

You could also run lead extenders and run the switch wires around the battery, no worries.
Old 01-04-2018, 07:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default evo springs

does anybody know which color of evo springs I should start with? any change with the setup? thanks
Old 01-04-2018, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kaptain crash
As these are new, Im still playing with my set up. Currently, Im running the spring rates that line up with the existing spring rates, so Yellow fronts and Red rear. I will be testing green and blue fronts with Orange and yellow rears this weekend. TLR EVO Springs go up to way higher spring rate, so Im curious to see setups from some of the Factory Team guys as we approach the Nitro Challange. I do run the LLRC C and D block.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.