Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree105Likes

TLR 8ight 4.0

Hide Wikipost
Old 07-09-2016, 05:15 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: TLR 8ight 4.0
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: racer1812
Welcome to the 8ight 4.0 Wiki!

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 03:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by My ST-RR EVO
I don't have a Losi, but generally speaking the tuning tips are correct. Lowering the front link raises the roll center which causes less roll chassis roll to occur. Since the chassis isn't spending the time to roll, the reaction is faster (twitchier), but also since it's not rolling as much it's not developing as much grip (more roll = more grip up to a point). So it'll start turning right away, but mid corner grip will be less.
So, are you saying lowering the front link has the 'opposite effect' than the rear since it spends less time to roll?
Old 06-22-2016, 01:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Lowering the link will always cause less roll. Raising will always cause more roll. It doesn't matter if it's front or rear. In the rear if the link is really low, the rear will be stiff and won't want to roll. In turns the rear will slide across the track. If the link is higher, but let's say in the"right spot" the car will lean on the rear to give the car the grip it needs to not slide and also not feel dumpy on the rear when you pick up the gas. If u raise the link even higher it can cause the rear to roll too much. U may think that more roll on the rear can only be good if it means more grip, but you can go too far. What happens then is that the car leans so far on the rear that it overwhelms the outside tire and it'll want to spin. So too high or too low can cause the car to spin, but for opposite reasons. I'm not sure how much adjustment Losi has back there, but if it has the possibility of that much adjustment, that's what u could expect.

Last edited by My ST-RR EVO; 06-22-2016 at 01:51 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 06-22-2016, 03:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by My ST-RR EVO
Lowering the link will always cause less roll. Raising will always cause more roll. It doesn't matter if it's front or rear. In the rear if the link is really low, the rear will be stiff and won't want to roll. In turns the rear will slide across the track. If the link is higher, but let's say in the"right spot" the car will lean on the rear to give the car the grip it needs to not slide and also not feel dumpy on the rear when you pick up the gas. If u raise the link even higher it can cause the rear to roll too much. U may think that more roll on the rear can only be good if it means more grip, but you can go too far. What happens then is that the car leans so far on the rear that it overwhelms the outside tire and it'll want to spin. So too high or too low can cause the car to spin, but for opposite reasons. I'm not sure how much adjustment Losi has back there, but if it has the possibility of that much adjustment, that's what u could expect.
We have 3 holes, stock is the middle one, so a bit of wriggle room but not as much as a d815, will have to test how dramatic the changes are, but stock is usually pretty good from my experience
Old 06-23-2016, 03:20 PM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by Ryan K.
Is the diff and ring/pinion gear from the RTR the same as what comes in a kit?
Yes, they are the same.
Old 06-24-2016, 04:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

I just ordered one of these kits. I'm sure it's already posted in the thread, but what lipos fit the radio tray. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated thank you.
Old 06-24-2016, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mickey_B
I just ordered one of these kits. I'm sure it's already posted in the thread, but what lipos fit the radio tray. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated thank you.
There are a couple to choose from...

LRP make a good one. Been using it mine for almost a year now.

Dynamite has one that's pretty good too.

Or the Losi specific one from ProTek.

All fit perfectly and are about the same price. Check em out at Amain.
Old 06-24-2016, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Originally Posted by Jerm13
There are a couple to choose from...

LRP make a good one. Been using it mine for almost a year now.

Dynamite has one that's pretty good too.

Or the Losi specific one from ProTek.

All fit perfectly and are about the same price. Check em out at Amain.
Thank you, I figured those were my only options.
Old 06-28-2016, 06:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Does anyone have Maifield's suspension setup using 1.5mm piston holes? including oil for fr and rr?I cant find anywhere. I read he started using this shock pistons now?. Thank you
Old 06-29-2016, 12:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mickey_B
Thank you, I figured those were my only options.
I use a nosram one that i like, call it a small hump pack
Old 06-29-2016, 05:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by race.me
Does anyone have Maifield's suspension setup using 1.5mm piston holes? including oil for fr and rr?I cant find anywhere. I read he started using this shock pistons now?. Thank you
He posted he's latest setup from the Nats and he was still using the stock pistons.
Old 06-29-2016, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (98%+)

Im having problems...and ive seen it before...at 112 or more droop in rear the shock shafts will pull out of the eyelet if i have a tumble...got looking at the car and it looks like the arms have so much flex they tweak too far
Old 06-30-2016, 06:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcmania74
Im having problems...and ive seen it before...at 112 or more droop in rear the shock shafts will pull out of the eyelet if i have a tumble...got looking at the car and it looks like the arms have so much flex they tweak too far
Not true. I've never had shock ends come out at 114+ droop.
Old 06-30-2016, 08:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcmania74
Scott that is one flaw with the 8ight series, the shock ends. I you wreck and tumble at all they will pull out regardless of the droop before full extension of the shock.

Find some aluminum shock ends from the EU car and that will help. That's if you can find them. I've heard of people using the Serpent ends. I think the Agama ends might work.
Old 06-30-2016, 08:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Can i use Serpent ?
Old 06-30-2016, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tom1974
Can i use Serpent ?
Originally Posted by dodgeguy

I've heard of people using the Serpent ends..
Hmm....I would say yes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.