Community
Wiki Posts
Search

cen matrix

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 12:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

get the one slightly over its faster but the one thats like 180 or something i thing the BF thats ones really fast too so either one will be very good
Old 03-08-2007, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Cain-I was just giving you a hard time.lol.
The RB I was thinking of over $200.00 is the S5
O.S. VG brotha.

Les
Old 03-08-2007, 06:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Gene making it again with his TR Arena! Well done my friend!
its In the Blog!!
Old 03-09-2007, 07:19 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

No problem. I appreciate all the info.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

Video of the start of the RC Pro East #1
Old 03-10-2007, 06:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Hey everyone I just purchased a 1/8 Cen Matrix Pro Buggy to start racing with. I am an experienced racer with electrics both touring and offroad now in the 1/8th scale area with this new buggy what should I look to do when it arrives.

brakes upgrade or are they just fine

diffs I hear changing them to the Machines pinned diffs. how many would I need 2 or 3 kits or does the kit do the whole car?

how about the front and rear hinge pin plates from ECK Tech or does the kit have adjustable antisquat and toe in blocks

what size clutch bell comes with the car and what other clutch bell should I get?

Clutch shoes what do you recommend

Clutch springs?

shock towers are the carbon fiber ones OK? or should I be in the aluminum 5mm

I am planning on running 200 oz torque servos from airtronics

Motor, I am looking at 5 port motors for now, what is a good motor that will hold a tune and last in the $220 range

Thanks look forward to talking here more been reasearching for awhile.
Old 03-10-2007, 06:50 AM
Tech Regular

any other help would be appreciated

Thanks
Rodney
Old 03-10-2007, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

brakes upgrade or are they just fine.The stock one's work great.

diffs I hear changing them to the Machines pinned diffs. how many would I need 2 or 3 kits or does the kit do the whole car?
It does the whole car

how about the front and rear hinge pin plates from ECK Tech or does the kit have adjustable antisquat and toe in blocks
CEN makes them too.Either or is nice to have.

what size clutch bell comes with the car and what other clutch bell should I get? 13 is what most people go with.Get a 14 if you like to play around.

Clutch shoes what do you recommend.This is just prefrence.

Clutch springs?Same here.Depends on where you like your power.
I usually run 1.0's.

shock towers are the carbon fiber ones OK? or should I be in the aluminum 5mm.I purchased the aluminum's right off the bat.For club racing you can run the carbon one's till they break.If it's a BIG event im going aluminum.

I am planning on running 200 oz torque servos from airtronics.
That is fine.I dont personally run this much on my throttle

Motor, I am looking at 5 port motors for now, what is a good motor that will hold a tune and last in the $220 range
Before I answer this I would have to ask how big the track is your mainly going to be running on and if your going to travel to other tracks.
If so how big are they?
I like the O.S. VG for most tracks in america.If it's bigger than say 160FT straight and the rest of the track is fast and flowing.
RB S5.

Regards,
Les
Old 03-10-2007, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

nova rossi .21 BF is a great motor for its price and i know people that have ran it in ther matrix's week after week for a whole year (probally 20 gallons)before it blows
Old 03-11-2007, 12:33 PM
Tech Legend

based on Les' and others advice, the VG sounds like a great engine for the money, I probably will be going with that. I have also read some guys like that axe mamba engine on amains site.

I would say you may also want to get the CNC'd steering knuckles or at least a spare of the stock units.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:25 PM
Tech Regular

Does anybody run these on their Matrix Pro

Eck Tec CEN Matrix Front Hingepin Plate w/ Inserts

Eck Tec Front Shock Tower - CEN Matrix

Eck Tec CEN Matrix Front Upper Arm Holder (Black)

Eck Tec CEN Matrix Rear Hingepin Plate w/ Inserts

How long do the Bylon inserts last?

I figure if I need to buy new pivot blocks they may as well be adjustable as possible that way I do not need 3 ea.

Thanks again My buggy should be in this week
Old 03-11-2007, 08:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Machine's R/C H
East RC Pro Series video is IN!
Old 03-12-2007, 05:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

a note on the clutch, the kit comes with nice aluminum shoes that should work perfect for you, and also comes with 1.0 and 1.1 springs, so you can try both and see what works for your track, and go from there, and the kit comes with a 13T clutch bell, that should be all you need for any track,

for the shock towers, if you can afford them, I would get the red alum ones, then you know you wont have any issues, personally I dont trust carbon fiber for shock towers on any 8th scale offroad car, if you can't afford the red ones, the grey RTR ones are pretty cheap, and IMO work better than the CF ones, the way I look at it, even if you bend the RTR towers, at least you can finish your race, CF doens't bend, it just snaps, and then your pretty much done your race,

also like cain said, the machined knuckles are a good investment, you get more steering throw with them, and are less likely to strip out the threads if you have gorilla mits like me, the bearings also fit in them a little nicer,

for servos, one thing alot of people dont think about, but your throttle servo also controls your brakes, so its a good idea to have a good amount of torque here too, just make sure you set your EPA properly, so you arn't putting alot of stress on the carb when at full throttle, if your on a budget, your better to lean towards higher torque on throttle, but slower speed, and higher speed for steering, with less torque, but the two airtronics ones will work great for you, I run basically the same set up, with an airtonics for steering, but an ACE servo for throttle,
Old 03-12-2007, 07:24 AM
Tech Legend

Anyone got a pic of the Eck front shock tower?

I ran the Z590M servo for throttle on my truggy last year, I was actually quite happy with it as it would stop it quite well. From that experience, I will probably run it again on my matrix since that has less weight. For steering, will use my trusty HS-5945MG servo.

Hitec has improved there quality as I haven't had any issues with this servo and have had it for awhile.

I will probably be ordering the diff conversion pins, the front alloy shock tower, and probably that rear adjustable eck brace.

If you are interested, shoot me an email and I can sell you the RTR style front shock towers cheap since I won't be using them. They actually are pretty thick. I just got a good deal on the rear cnc tower so I figure keep it all the same.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:15 PM
Tech Regular

Thank you all so much for your help I am going to get the shock towers but am still wondering if anyone is running the Eck Tech.

what pipe do you guys recommend or should I base that on motor or track our track is not really big but I do from time to time travel and usually those tracks are big! 200 plus ft.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.