Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree49Likes

Associated RC8T3

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-19-2016, 08:08 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Associated RC8T3
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: sbrewer
Since I don't have one of these yet, Here is the wikipost for those in the know to post all the important info on the truggy!!http://https://www.teamassociated.com/pdf/cars_and_trucks/RC8T3/setup_sheets/RC8T3_2016_Rivkin_DNC.pdf

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 11:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Chris Reilly
On Sunday I saw a truck try a triple and hit a open pipe and only bent a shock shaft. He thought he broke the whole front end. Not sure how you guys are breaking it. He did boil the arms. stock turnbuckles and his seem fine. He is at the electric nats as of today. The truck is very good. Please don't take what I am saying a critical of you guys. Just saying in a casual way. Wondering what is happening. Would like to see in person what happened.
When you read about this many people having the same problems with the same parts I don't think it's a coincidence. That's my opinion anyways..
Old 07-19-2016, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Maybe Dan or someone can address this. Although there is a very good reason they stay off this forum. I don't doubt someone reads this.

Dan already said what the problem is and what is being looked at to address this.

Customer Service may not know anything about what is going on. Especially if they only work there and not use any of the products. I do understand the frustration.
Old 07-19-2016, 03:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Tired of reading this drama on AE being fragile. I have owned many cars and find this as durable as any other. Heck I went wide open into a pit lane. Tumbled 40 yards down the straightaway into a catch fence. Cracked an upper arm didn't realize it was cracked until later and still won the race. If you are unhappy. This is a hobby move on. We enjoy other brands finishing behind us. AE is making a serious commitment into their nitro program, stick around you won't regret it. Name another brand that hasn't had issues or concerns from the general public.
Mugen- left front arms
Kyosho- rear diffs
Losi- diffs and hinge pins
Tekno- clutch bells,bearings, spur gears
Need I go on?

T
We Are Ninja likes this.
Old 07-19-2016, 04:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mxtoeknee
Tired of reading this drama on AE being fragile. I have owned many cars and find this as durable as any other. Heck I went wide open into a pit lane. Tumbled 40 yards down the straightaway into a catch fence. Cracked an upper arm didn't realize it was cracked until later and still won the race. If you are unhappy. This is a hobby move on. We enjoy other brands finishing behind us. AE is making a serious commitment into their nitro program, stick around you won't regret it. Name another brand that hasn't had issues or concerns from the general public.
Mugen- left front arms
Kyosho- rear diffs
Need I go on?

T
+1 to everything posted above.
Also guys don't forget it takes a little time for the small problems to show up. I think Ae has don't a great job on the buggy which had way more issues when it came out. I read the mugen forms at the time the mbx7t came out. Ae wasn't big with a new kit in a while so I seen the brand jumpers hit that form & bash the hell out of that truck. So guys it happens at all companies it how you come back from those problems which is key. I know we all want it fixed now but it will get there soon guys. Thanks for reading the rant.
Old 07-19-2016, 04:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Mugen- left front arms
Kyosho- rear diffs
Need I go on?

T
It's simple, if you don't want to read "drama" then don't read the forum. This is a public forum for people to express there opinios. If you don't like other people's opinions maybe you should move on. By the way I never had Losi diffs or hinge pin problems.
Old 07-19-2016, 06:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Mugen- left front arms
Kyosho- rear diffs
Need I go on?

T
+1000 well said
Old 07-19-2016, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jdsand5
It's simple, if you don't want to read "drama" then don't read the forum. This is a public forum for people to express there opinios. If you don't like other people's opinions maybe you should move on. By the way I never had Losi diffs or hinge pin problems.
If you don't want comments, Don't post anything. LOL! Public forum.

You guys make me LOL! Especially when someone is trying to help.
Old 07-19-2016, 07:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default RC8T3

Now if someone wants to be productive on this forum and would like some input on what I am using for a setup, what others are using as a setup ask. We can share ideas on making this great vehicle better for us all. This forum isn't an extension of AE customer service and you are not going to get an answer you want from AE on here. So back to the topic on hand. This Truck is dialed. A caveman could drive it. Let's share some positive vibes and enjoy friends from all over the world.

Tony Bacon
Old 07-19-2016, 09:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My truck had a battery wire break and went WFO in the fence and didn't break a thing. I have had a Tessmann D8T, mbx7tr and now this truck and it's been the best and fastest thing I have drove. Oh And don't forget it's damn sexy!
Old 07-19-2016, 10:05 PM
Tech Champion

So you have to buy Mugen parts and dremel stuff?
Old 07-19-2016, 10:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Mine is stock. Havnt even boiled the arms
Old 07-20-2016, 12:09 PM
Tech Adept

Default Fuel gun

With the stock body and enlarging slightly the top hole over the tank my Protek fuel gum still doesnt reach the fuel tank opening.

Is this normal? Is there a longer reach fuel gun? How large did people
Make this hole?
Old 07-20-2016, 02:49 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by erc55
With the stock body and enlarging slightly the top hole over the tank my Protek fuel gum still doesnt reach the fuel tank opening.

Is this normal? Is there a longer reach fuel gun? How large did people
Make this hole?
Keep cutting the hole bigger till it fix. Yes this can be normal manufacturers don't make the cut out for fuel guns so it's for fuel bottles.
Old 07-22-2016, 03:03 AM
Tech Addict

Default Lower front arms

This may help with the arms breaking
Attached Thumbnails Associated RC8T3-image.jpg  
Old 07-22-2016, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)

What brand are those? Hard to make out in the pic.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.