Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
BB conversion for Revo Short Chassis >

BB conversion for Revo Short Chassis

BB conversion for Revo Short Chassis

Old 08-12-2015, 03:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default BB conversion for Revo Short Chassis

As much as I like the small 2.5 the truck really does seem like it could use some more power. I was originally going to shell out and buy the .21 TM to avoid any issues, but found a better deal and picked up a VZ-B instead for $50. Figured it's more power and might be worth rebuilding for the price. -fingers crossed- Anyways, my question is I know the Revo was really designed to run a small block. What issues will I face when I drop that bad boy in and what would be the optimal set up to minimize those issues? I'm hoping my drive shafts can handle it. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-12-2015, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 551 (100%+)

BB motor mount kit. Traxxas makes one (I have one, PM me) and New Era made one. The New Era is hard to find (had one, sold it) but they are supposed to be better and are more sought after.

Some of the transmission gears may be a weak spot. The driveshafts may be a weak spot, depending on how you drive.