Wiki Posts
Search

which engine to get for Truggy?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 10:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default which engine to get for Truggy?

I am new to nitro car racing but not nitro motors .. I have nitro truggy and want to know what motor should I run for a medium sized track. I have a dynamite platinum 21 XP and a OS zx 28 both in great shape but wanted a bit more help.
thanks.
Old 04-20-2015, 11:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I ran a Novarossi Bonitto and it ran great on my Losi truggy. I have a new Kyosho truggy and am running a Fusion X5L that is awesome and I just ordered a Fusion X7 not because the X5L isn't enough (it is more than enough) I just love the Fusion engine line and really want to try a X7. I also ran an Orion 5 port and had no issues with power as well.
Old 04-21-2015, 04:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

more curious whether people are running 21 or 28 not a power issue between the two motors I have thanks for the info though
Old 04-21-2015, 10:45 PM
Tech Master

any good race .21 will arguably be better than a .28 in a truggy for a serious racer these days. I think the development and resources put into buggy engines just outstripped that of the limited .28 market..hence why they are better maybe? but i think people use .21 in truggy because a OS speed for instance, like others, has plenty enough to thrash a truggy around ANY track with the added benefit of getting 12 - 13 min of runtime on the 150ml truggy tanks. almost cant think of anyone around our regions that still races .28 in truggy.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:48 PM
Tech Champion

There are probably 30 good 21's to choose from: Picco, Novarossi, OS, Werks, Alpha/Argus, etc.

'Twere me, for truggy, Picco 5TX...