Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Decision time - new car Losi 3.0 or Kyosho MP9 TKi3

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 02:33 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Losi will be more durable but they do slop out fast. It likes to be twitchy and takes a little more finesse to keep it under control. Parts are reasonable and there's lots of support.

Kyosho when you hit things they break, so if you don't hit things they don't break as often. Cars stay tight longer, freest spinning drivetrain on the market (has a few competitors finally) Needs a few $$$ more out of the box. I don't think I ever just replaced 1 part when I broke something. $$$ to repair, $$$ to maintain etc. the reward is that it drives very nice on the track.

Either car will do you well. Go with budget (if it's a concern), drive style and then your desire to maintain. I never really realized how much I worked on the k car until I drove a x-ray for the last couple years.
Old 01-01-2015, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

There is the TKI3, and than there is everything else for off road cars. Kyosho is a Nice buggy to drive. Everything has its pros and cons, don't let no one tell you different. Have Fun driving what ever you decide.
Old 01-01-2015, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Frank L
Either car will do you well. Go with budget (if it's a concern), drive style and then your desire to maintain. I never really realized how much I worked on the k car until I drove a x-ray for the last couple years.
I think either will get the job done. I never broke anything on my Kyosho. I take my buggies fully apart and cleaned it after every time I run it. Love a clean and properly functioning buggy. My stuff is always prepared very well.
Old 01-01-2015, 10:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

I've raced the tki3 for the past two years and I honestly believe it is probably the best outdoor car there is for most track conditions. Indoors with smooth clay tracks, its nothing special but is still a great car. As others have said, its simple to setup. Plastics are good, and doesn't wear all that fast. The only thing which is driving me to try new things is the car's durability on tracks with huge air. The center of the chassis has tons of flex which causes excessive wear and breakage of the spur gear and clutchbell. If you race purely outdoors on tracks which are reasonable there is no equal, IMO. If you race indoors on hard packed, concrete tracks I would not choose the kcar.

In two years I've broken three suspension arms driving over my head and goofing off, but never under race conditions. Center area ls my only area of concern. I am a very consistent driver about 1-2 seconds of pro level drivers usually making 1-2 mistakes in a 30min main fwiw.

Last edited by rfleck; 01-01-2015 at 11:09 PM.
Old 01-01-2015, 10:54 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Chris Reilly
I think either will get the job done. I never broke anything on my Kyosho. I take my buggies fully apart and cleaned it after every time I run it. Love a clean and properly functioning buggy. My stuff is always prepared very well.
Never broke anything on a Kyosho?? Even the smoothest k car pro breaks an arm or wing stay here and there. Every car breaks some are just more prone to it than others.
Old 01-01-2015, 11:26 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

You wont go wrong with either both great cars, but i think you should have a look at the new xray xb8 or even the tekno nb48 i have run all off them and tekno would be the most durable but xray IMO is by far the best out of all of them.
Old 01-02-2015, 10:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I like the idea of the Losi team support, and the parts availability. I do not think I am wrong to factor that in. Overall is the 8ight 3.0 an easy car to dial in? And is it consistent?

Thanks
Old 01-02-2015, 10:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

with respect to the thread starter..
why isn't the new mugen mentioned at all?
Old 01-02-2015, 11:16 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by n.e.r.d
with respect to the thread starter..
why isn't the new mugen mentioned at all?
Look at the title.
Old 01-02-2015, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robracing
I like the idea of the Losi team support, and the parts availability. I do not think I am wrong to factor that in. Overall is the 8ight 3.0 an easy car to dial in? And is it consistent?

Thanks
I feel it is extremly easy to drive. My son has picked up 3-5 seconds per lap when he moved from the 2.0 to 3.0. Same track layout, same motor....

Its responds very well to changes in the set up, and will reward you with faster lap times for driving it hard.

One of the best all around set-ups is the stock kit set up with the 8E rear tower. Very neutral, easy to drive, goes where you point it and has great corner speed.
Old 01-02-2015, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

the biggest thing that you will see about TLR, and that to this point is really unmatched is the support you get across the board.

The Kyosho is a good car but how its $400-600 better than other cars on the market I have yet to see. They wear just like any other car.

I have ran many different cars over the years and you have several good cars on the market. I have had some high level sponsorships, I took a couple years off and when I came back I though to myself......

No sponsors, no support. What will be my best choice that allows me to have fun and be the fastest? What company is gonna have the best track side support at large events, the best support drivers at other events?

I purchased the TLR 3.0, yes I have raced for them in the past. So I had the chance to see what goes into the company and whats provided into taking care of customers and putting quality information for customers to see/use.

Not to mention they have stepped up the 3.0 ten fold since I last raced the 2.0.

It's a quality car with great support. To top that, if you do buy a new losi 3.0 I will do your build for free through my Speed Shop, check out the link below.
Old 01-02-2015, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ABURTON
It's a quality car with great support. To top that, if you do buy a new losi 3.0 I will do your build for free through my Speed Shop, check out the link below.
Nice plug

That's half the fun of getting a new kit. Lock the garage, put on some tunes and wrench away

Did you ever find Drakes AMS set-up.
Old 01-02-2015, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jerm13
Nice plug

That's half the fun of getting a new kit. Lock the garage, put on some tunes and wrench away

Did you ever find Drakes AMS set-up.
gonna look through FB and see if I can find it. Thanks for your help!
Old 01-02-2015, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I don't think you can go wrong with the Losi. I never felt where the car was twitchy to drive at all. Very easy to be fast with plus it's a consistent car through the race and going from track to track.
Old 01-03-2015, 05:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Thank you for all the input on this posy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.