Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho MP777 SP2 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 04:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by carlo1912
Anyone selling their buggies? I mean 777. I am looking for it. Let me know if someone selling it.
contact a member of this forum: keebler718
He has at least two MP777 buggies and a bunch of other 1/8 stuff for sale
Good luck
Old 01-09-2012, 05:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks DNF2005! I'll contact him
Old 05-16-2012, 08:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi guys,

Just bought a K-Factory one piece mount for my 777.

Could someone guide me through the screws I need to mount it up, and explain to me how exactly it keeps the gear mesh? I'm a bit confused atm....

The 4 original M4 screws are extremely short, so I assume I would need to replace these with 4 M4x15ish? Will measure it out and see, or does anyone know the exact size? Do people put a nut on the top of these? Seen it done on an Xray before...

Then the middle 4 mount normally using the Flanged cap screws, but I don't understand how to preserves the gear mesh as there is still lateral side to side play when you come to put the engine in.

(Sorry if the answer is really obvious, I think I am having a senior moment....)

Or have I bought completely the wrong thing and thinking this is a "quick change mount", when actually it just serves the same function as the original mount ie need to re-mesh every time
Old 05-16-2012, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Kingcoltzan1, the mount you bought will work fine, you will need to get longer screws like you said, 15 or 29 mm will work,you will need to use the stock Kyosho motor mounts, the blue ones if thats what you have, you just remove the small plates that the blue kyosh mounts bolt to, and use your new K factory mount attached to you kyosho mounts, once you get things bolted to the engine, it will all make sense.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by aznitronut
Kingcoltzan1, the mount you bought will work fine, you will need to get longer screws like you said, 15 or 29 mm will work,you will need to use the stock Kyosho motor mounts, the blue ones if thats what you have, you just remove the small plates that the blue kyosh mounts bolt to, and use your new K factory mount attached to you kyosho mounts, once you get things bolted to the engine, it will all make sense.
Thanks

I've mounted it all up like that, blue std blocks on Engine and the mount on the car. I tried 15mm but they protrude a few threads above, should I put 20mm on then put a nut on top to stop them vibrating off?

I've mounted the mount to the chassis, but there is still the side to side play if I want to install the engine.

I assume to remove the engine one removes it in the normal way ie the 4 Flanged screws from the bottom.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

You won't need to use lock nuts, the bolts will be fine, as far as the side movement, thats what you use to set gear mesh.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

You won't need to use lock nuts, the bolts will be fine, as far as the side movement, thats what you use to set gear mesh.
Ok thanks, but I thought the whole point of this mount was so that it means you never have to set the gear mesh.....

I think I am confusing this with "quick change" engine mounts which you can whip out 4 screws to take the engine out, but when you come to put it back in the mesh is the same as the screws you take out are not the meshing screws.

Whereas with this it is like the old one where you have to remesh every time, unless I get a ball driver and take the engine out from the top?
Old 05-16-2012, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

The quick change means, once you set the gear mesh, when you remove the engine, you remove the 4 fixed screws, your4 x 14 mm screws. And dont touch the motor screws in the slotted area.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

The quick change means, once you set the gear mesh, when you remove the engine, you remove the 4 fixed screws, your4 x 14 mm screws. And dont touch the motor screws in the slotted area.
So you are saying remove the 4 outer screws, ok I get that, that would preserve the mesh, BUT how will the engine come out as the 4 flanged screws in the centre are bolting the engine down to the chassis???

As far as I can see the only way to preserve the mesh is to do it from the top with a ball driver

Sorry if I am being thick about this
Old 05-17-2012, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

Your right about the 4 outer screws hold the engine to the chassis, the other 4 flanged bolts hold the engines blue mounts to your new K-Factory one piece mount. The chassis is slotted for engine mesh adjustment.once you remove the 4 outer screws, and carb linkage attache
ment, fuel and exhaust pressure line, pipe mount, the engine will be loose for removal. If you remove the 4 flang bolts, you will need to reset gear mesh, thats all they are used for, they do not attach to the chassis at all.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Your right about the 4 outer screws hold the engine to the chassis, the other 4 flanged bolts hold the engines blue mounts to your new K-Factory one piece mount. The chassis is slotted for engine mesh adjustment.once you remove the 4 outer screws, and carb linkage attache
ment, fuel and exhaust pressure line, pipe mount, the engine will be loose for removal. If you remove the 4 flang bolts, you will need to reset gear mesh, thats all they are used for, they do not attach to the chassis at all.
But they do?! They go from the bottom, through the chassis (unthreaded), through the mount (unthreaded) and into the engine, so to remove the engine surely you must have to remove the 4 flanged screws as they are threaded into the engine!

Here is the pic of the mount, http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?um=1&...,r:12,s:0,i:97
Old 05-17-2012, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

Look at your chassis, the slotted area is open wide enough for the flang to go through, it does not attach to the chassis.show me a photo of your chassis from the bottom.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Look at your chassis, the slotted area is open wide enough for the flang to go through, it does not attach to the chassis.show me a photo of your chassis from the bottom.
No it isn't?! http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?um=1&...9,r:2,s:0,i:76

The Flanged screws as shown in the photo go from bottom up through chassis (the flange rests on part of the chassis) through the mount into the mounting block which is threaded, thus it grips onto this.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Yes, your right, I guess what it meant by one piece mount, is, you remove the screws that attach the engine to the blocks, and thats a pain in the azz.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Yes, your right, I guess what it meant by one piece mount, is, you remove the screws that attach the engine to the blocks, and thats a pain in the azz.
Is it doable with a ball hex?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.