Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree21Likes

Agama Racing A215 Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 07:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Gentlemen, thanks for the responses. I got a brand new tank and checked the cap. Screwed in the cap screw and tested the seal. Should be good, i hear a pop when opening it. I,ll be sure to check my trims on my throttle servo once all is put back on. Question... Are the extended engine braces being used on the 215? I got the short ones on at the moment.
Old 08-14-2016, 05:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Painted a215 nitro body for sale,looking for $50 shipped inside the USA.Agama Racing A215 Buggy-20160813_161837.jpg
Old 08-14-2016, 08:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by go4broke
Gentlemen, thanks for the responses. I got a brand new tank and checked the cap. Screwed in the cap screw and tested the seal. Should be good, i hear a pop when opening it. I,ll be sure to check my trims on my throttle servo once all is put back on. Question... Are the extended engine braces being used on the 215? I got the short ones on at the moment.
no, you could i guess but it will just be another tuning option...removing flex from the chassis. i have not seen them used on the 215
Old 08-25-2016, 08:40 PM
Tech Regular

Can someone give me some insight into this buggy pros cons and what buggy you might have driven before switching?
Old 08-26-2016, 12:20 AM
Tech Master

PRO:
insert all pro's listed on any other forum of a different brand...lol?
but without just telling you what everybody says about their new car, Agama got the basics very well covered with the 215 after basically not releasing a new car since the first A8 (7/8 years?) they just developed the crap out of it and the a215 is the well rounded result. Absolutely no design flaws...no fiddly battery trays, no binding ackermans, no brittle plastics, no need for frankenstein parts, no dodgy drivetrains, no "option" parts to fix design flaws straight after release lol and also no need to buy a stocks in Dremmel with your kit purchase. Its a simple design and layout, the likages wont give you a nose bleed just by looking at it, it's easy to get it handeling well, doesnt take huge setup changes between tracks, excellent quality and durability.
I know it gets said alot but you dont need anything other than some shock pistons right out of the box to win races, honest to god. Also, very competitive spare parts prices and most of all, excellent support and camaraderie by either of the Nemo racing branches (UK/US), Cuzi here in South Africa.

CONS?:
you might have to contend with being the odd one out and not one of the brand loyal sheeple anymore?...but you will be better off since this car really is one of the best kept secrets in 1/8 buggy racing and more ppl are realizing this as they discover it. it regularly beats high profile drivers and brands in big races all over the world.

Once you have gone though most brands and eventually come to the realization that what actually matters more than pure brand name is design efficiency, quality,durability, support....you soon realize that it doesnt matter what you race if you don't have one those things...you will not enjoy your racing sooner or later.....

ive owned and raced: Xray, Mugen, JQ, Agama
My team mates have raced most of the above..including Durango, Losi, and the 'fabled' Kyosho...and like me they are all super happy after the switch...so in our team atleast there is a huge spread of ppl who have come from other brands and are enjoying their stay.

anyway...your best bet is to find one of the Nemo teams assuming you are in the US or UK and feel the car for yourself and then decide...ive yet to meet someone who didnt have something positive to say about the car after trying it for the first time

other than that...
come to the dark side..we have cookies
Old 08-26-2016, 06:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob
PRO:
insert all pro's listed on any other forum of a different brand...lol?
but without just telling you what everybody says about their new car, Agama got the basics very well covered with the 215 after basically not releasing a new car since the first A8 (7/8 years?) they just developed the crap out of it and the a215 is the well rounded result. Absolutely no design flaws...no fiddly battery trays, no binding ackermans, no brittle plastics, no need for frankenstein parts, no dodgy drivetrains, no "option" parts to fix design flaws straight after release lol and also no need to buy a stocks in Dremmel with your kit purchase. Its a simple design and layout, the likages wont give you a nose bleed just by looking at it, it's easy to get it handeling well, doesnt take huge setup changes between tracks, excellent quality and durability.
I know it gets said alot but you dont need anything other than some shock pistons right out of the box to win races, honest to god. Also, very competitive spare parts prices and most of all, excellent support and camaraderie by either of the Nemo racing branches (UK/US), Cuzi here in South Africa.

CONS?:
you might have to contend with being the odd one out and not one of the brand loyal sheeple anymore?...but you will be better off since this car really is one of the best kept secrets in 1/8 buggy racing and more ppl are realizing this as they discover it. it regularly beats high profile drivers and brands in big races all over the world.

Once you have gone though most brands and eventually come to the realization that what actually matters more than pure brand name is design efficiency, quality,durability, support....you soon realize that it doesnt matter what you race if you don't have one those things...you will not enjoy your racing sooner or later.....

ive owned and raced: Xray, Mugen, JQ, Agama
My team mates have raced most of the above..including Durango, Losi, and the 'fabled' Kyosho...and like me they are all super happy after the switch...so in our team atleast there is a huge spread of ppl who have come from other brands and are enjoying their stay.

anyway...your best bet is to find one of the Nemo teams assuming you are in the US or UK and feel the car for yourself and then decide...ive yet to meet someone who didnt have something positive to say about the car after trying it for the first time

other than that...
come to the dark side..we have cookies
Thanks for the insight. I'm very curious about this kit but I live in Canada and would be a lone wolf if I get one lol. Was thinking of switching from tekno to mugen this winter but thought I'd have a peek at the agama kits they do look very nicely laid out and built.
Old 08-26-2016, 11:14 PM
Tech Master

go with what you can get parts locally or without to much effort.
Old 08-27-2016, 02:21 AM
Tech Master

to whoever might want to try something different looking....the 2016 xb8 bodies fit our cars too.
Old 08-27-2016, 06:16 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob
go with what you can get parts locally or without to much effort.
The two local hobby shops here are brutal they don't carry any parts for any buggy just Traxxas crap. Not even tires just oils. So I have to have them order everything or I stock up on parts I may need.
Old 08-27-2016, 03:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

If thats the case, give agama a shot.
Old 09-06-2016, 12:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Agama win's UK national championships

http://www.neobuggy.net/2016/09/04/b...brca-champion/
Old 09-16-2016, 01:56 PM
Tech Adept

Shameless Bump......
Old 09-17-2016, 04:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Been running Agama A215e for the last 6 weeks or so and loving the car. It's incredibly tough, drive really well and was a fantastic build. Next up is some nitro!
Old 09-17-2016, 10:08 PM
Tech Master

jconcepts rc8b3 body fits too should someone want to try something new. i guess that makes it clear that most rc8b3 bodies will fit with minor trimming. ps, not my car

Old 09-18-2016, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default brake fading

As I'm getting more opportunity to run the buggy in longer mains, i seem to notice that the brake fades about 15 mins into the race and onwards. does anyone feels the same?
my kit came with the new style brake system(4819 - brake disk and pad). thanks for any input.

Last edited by pword; 09-18-2016 at 06:11 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.