Community
Wiki Posts
Search

people that leave the Kyosho Mp9 and are happy with there new ride

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 06:11 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yep.just put together a new mbx7t.says right on the packaging made in Taiwan.
Old 07-04-2014, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Thank you for cleaning up the mugen thing guys. Must be super cheap to make it there
Old 07-04-2014, 09:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CaLaBeR
Pretty much what my thoughts are too. There is no 'best' buggy. They all have there good points and bad points. The one reason I switched from Kyosho to Mugen was the wear, I was not impressed with the wear on the driveline and the shocks on the Kyosho. I will say it was a very nice handling car and stock setup isn't very far off for making a person comfortable. As for the Mugen, I am still new to it at the moment but it does lots of things very nice but needs a bit more setup time to get it dialed in. One thing I can say for sure is that it has a ton of corner speed and rotates and excels very well out of the corners.
This statement says it all but I will add one thing; TKI3 owners don't need to chase setups, they pretty much work well on all tracks with only a few minor tweaks to suit conditions. Mostly we only change between orange and blue rear springs, possibly camber, sometimes front toe out and maybe move the top rear shock in a hole on the tower.
Ride height is up there too and the car loves it, F28.5mm, R30mm on most dirt tracks.

My Son and I have run Kyosho since 1996 and we don't intend to change. It's not like I haven't tried other brands. I regularly buy and sell buggies and I have raced MBX6R, MBX7, Sabre X3, Assoc RC8/2, HB and so on. They are all good in their own right but we have found no reason to switch from Kyosho yet Even with the shockingly hopeless Kyosho support here in Aus.
Old 07-04-2014, 09:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

As for front arms breaking I think Mugen(including MBX7) could be a little stronger. Kyosho arms are much better since the last upgrade a couple of years back but they still break if the wreck is bad enough but it has to be a pretty big hit, I haven't broken one in a long time now.
Look at it this way, wouldn't you prefer to only have to change out a $5 arm instead of a more expensive part after a bad wreck. I'm guessing the manufacturers have this in mind when designing the parts.
Old 07-05-2014, 02:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default Blame game

It's a lot easier to blame the car for being weak than to blame bad driving when your car breaks a front arm. I run the Mugen and every arm I have broke has been 100 % my fault.
Old 07-05-2014, 06:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by latemodel13
It's a lot easier to blame the car for being weak than to blame bad driving when your car breaks a front arm. I run the Mugen and every arm I have broke has been 100 % my fault.
+1

When I drive like a dumb A$$. I'm asking to break something.

Drive to your level I bet Noone will break arms. :-)
Old 07-05-2014, 08:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver
Might not be the best for you!!! (Or us mortals) cause how fast it wears or breaks! but for pure performance when NEW! It cant be beat..... there is a best........its the 1 with all the championships!!! those wins aint no fluke..........hands down if a company is going to design a buggy I bet you any money the test buggy is a kyosho! The buggy they run against to pace there's is a kyosho! If you don't believe me ask Tekno! I was there!
Don't get me wrong the Kyosho is one of if not the best all around handling cars but to me there is more to being the 'best' then just handling. If you want to rate on just all out performance then yes I would agree with Kyosho. That is why I stated there is no 'best' car because there really isn't one in my opinion when you look from all sides.

Originally Posted by smelly62
This statement says it all but I will add one thing; TKI3 owners don't need to chase setups, they pretty much work well on all tracks with only a few minor tweaks to suit conditions. Mostly we only change between orange and blue rear springs, possibly camber, sometimes front toe out and maybe move the top rear shock in a hole on the tower.
Ride height is up there too and the car loves it, F28.5mm, R30mm on most dirt tracks.

My Son and I have run Kyosho since 1996 and we don't intend to change. It's not like I haven't tried other brands. I regularly buy and sell buggies and I have raced MBX6R, MBX7, Sabre X3, Assoc RC8/2, HB and so on. They are all good in their own right but we have found no reason to switch from Kyosho yet Even with the shockingly hopeless Kyosho support here in Aus.
100% agree, there is very little to setting up the Kyosho. Would be interesting to see how the MP9 would react to a bit more droop.
Old 07-05-2014, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default well

The three best cars in my opinion are Mugen, Xray, then Kyosho. My last kyosho was a 777. when the mp9 came out I told myself I would not buy another Kyosho. it was and is too expensive. Every kyosho car I have had going back to the turbo optima seemed to always need parts. I switched to an 808 and it was nice but then when I got a MBX-6 I was sold on Mugen and have been running Mugen ever since. The MBX-7 is a great buggy.
Old 07-05-2014, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smelly62
As for front arms breaking I think Mugen(including MBX7) could be a little stronger. Kyosho arms are much better since the last upgrade a couple of years back but they still break if the wreck is bad enough but it has to be a pretty big hit, I haven't broken one in a long time now.
Look at it this way, wouldn't you prefer to only have to change out a $5 arm instead of a more expensive part after a bad wreck. I'm guessing the manufacturers have this in mind when designing the parts.
Call me crazy, but I think the best solution is to make hinge pins the weak point and get the hardness right so they never break and only bend in extreme impacts. This way, that nasty crash in your A-main warm up doesn't ruin your race weekend.
Old 07-05-2014, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

I have hardly changed my Mugen set-up much after I got it where I liked it from track to track. My Kyosho was the same. They only broke when I was 100% responsible. I take them apart and clean them after every race or practice day.
Old 07-05-2014, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by merdith6
The three best cars in my opinion are Mugen, Xray, then Kyosho. My last kyosho was a 777. when the mp9 came out I told myself I would not buy another Kyosho. it was and is too expensive. Every kyosho car I have had going back to the turbo optima seemed to always need parts. I switched to an 808 and it was nice but then when I got a MBX-6 I was sold on Mugen and have been running Mugen ever since. The MBX-7 is a great buggy.
What about the HB? Have not seen one run as there are none here but I would think it should be very good. Unless Ty just makes it look really good. LOL!

I agree about Mugen since we have raced them since the early 90's.

I do think the AE gets beat up pretty bad and really isn't as bad as some would let you believe.
Old 07-05-2014, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The d812 is prob the best, but i didn't say that cause i didn't wanna get into a mine is better than yours war! Lol
Old 07-05-2014, 12:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by latemodel13
Yep, couldn't of said it better.

The best one is "it broke on a small bump" forgetting the WOT hits they had earlier.
Old 07-05-2014, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nitro Tiger
Yep, couldn't of said it better.

The best one is "it broke on a small bump" forgetting the WOT hits they had earlier.
True
Old 07-05-2014, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver
The d812 is prob the best, but i didn't say that cause i didn't wanna get into a mine is better than yours war! Lol
As long as the current dist. has HB they won't get my $$$$. If they had stayed where they were I would have heavily considered it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.