Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Soar 998 buggy

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2015, 10:43 AM
Tech Champion

That was a cool clip.. Engine, pipe etc?
Old 05-09-2015, 03:55 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
That was a cool clip.. Engine, pipe etc?
FX engine FX pipe... not sure but id say the suggested one..

def cant wait to get my 2015ed end of this month
Old 05-11-2015, 11:49 PM
Tech Addict

some great set ups you can pick up from drivers here in sydney or through the Liverpool radio rally car club...

still sticking with this brand as the buggy itself has proven to be a solid car in its own right... spoken from personal experience and seeing some really aggressive driving from my mate peter.. coming in the top 3 spots in races and barnabi winning over seas in spain.. etc.. driven by skilled & experienced drivers like Martin Wolhunter.

engine is a SR21 from soar racing.. and i didnt get a chance to race it as i bought a second engine so you can get this with the car or on its own for $160ono.

Soar 998 is set and ready to rip.. cleaned after every meeting.. has done well and only run 5-10meets... hardly raced .. only $250 ono for a quick sale..

will be getting my new set up for the proline.. so heres your chance for a bargain buy ..

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=17c24bf3c6

for pics click above link. for engine pics and pics of my kit towards the bottom.

Last edited by DaRaceMasta; 05-12-2015 at 03:37 AM.
Old 05-17-2015, 03:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Has anyone had an issue with breaking front shock shafts?
I have snapped 3 in 2 weeks, all where the thread meets the shaft, they seem very weak or a bad batch.
It hasn't broken anything else, not arms or even bent drive shafts. so it can't be from a hard hit. maybe an arkward landing??
Seem very weird to me. Will look for another brand of the same length. i believe they are 3.5 x 60mm shafts?

Cheers
Old 05-17-2015, 11:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If the shock rods are produced too hard, they will snap...too soft they will fold
You could limit at least a bit the front droop I guess, as it is steep against the rear one
do not leave it all the way down

Last edited by speedy2; 08-08-2017 at 09:22 AM.
Old 05-18-2015, 03:56 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by speedy2
you should limit at least a bit the front droop I guess, as it is steep against the rear one
not leave it all the way
Yep, reduced the droop after the 1st one snapped... I would think that would pop the caps off, if anything.
Old 05-18-2015, 11:49 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Zebinc
Yep, reduced the droop after the 1st one snapped... I would think that would pop the caps off, if anything.
just hit up ash and or soar and ask them to send you a pack.. it does happen.. but the newest kits shouldnt have that happen often... i have been crashing a good amount and have not broken one set of shafts since new.. so.. it isnt all that common..

and i have put it to the crash test so..

happy driving other wise?
Old 05-21-2015, 12:03 AM
Tech Addict

Just securing distribution here through hobbyhabit the Soar is now supported with full parts availability through Ash's soar racing page : www.facebook.com/soarseikiaustralia

and has some great set ups you can pick up from drivers here in sydney or through the Liverpool radio rally car club...

still sticking with this brand as the buggy itself has proven to be a solid car in its own right... spoken from personal experience and seeing some really aggressive driving from my mate peter.. coming in the top 3 spots in races and winning over seas in spain.. etc.. driven by skilled & experienced drivers like Martin Wolhunter.

engine is a SR21 from soar racing.. and i didnt get a chance to race it as i bought a second engine so you can get this with the car or on its own for $160ono. SOLD

Soar 998 is set and ready to rip.. cleaned after every meeting.. has done well and only run 5-10meets... hardly raced .. only $250 ono for a quick sale..

will be getting my new set up for the proline.. so heres your chance for a bargain buy ..
Old 05-25-2015, 03:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hello drivers I have had the chance to drive the car and it has been good. I had a few practice days with it at Revelation Raceway and posted a video of my car on Youtube. The build for the car was nice and no need for dremel work for any fitting. The car has good stability and has good corner speed,from my other buggy it looks slower in the corner to me but when I see my times my pace and speed is better. My setup on the car for the shocks goes different from my other buggy as the 998 likes thicker oils to work with the suspension and dampens well when landing the jump and continuing on to the corner. The car also had a good amount of free wheel spin from the kit bearings and feels light in the hands so i need to weight it to make sure it makes the JBRL rules for AZ next race at Fear Farm. the radio tray is nice and requires a little push and shove to get my Savox servos in but once in they aren't going anywhere even if a screw backs out, the battery and receiver box have a good amount of room as I have put my PT and Recvr inside. So I will report on here to let you know on the car and it performance here in the states, I will also be getting cars here to sell in the next few weeks and when I do, I will have an FB page and you also PM here if needed.
Old 05-25-2015, 04:13 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by -R2-
Hello drivers I have had the chance to drive the car and it has been good. I had a few practice days with it at Revelation Raceway and posted a video of my car on Youtube. The build for the car was nice and no need for dremel work for any fitting. The car has good stability and has good corner speed,from my other buggy it looks slower in the corner to me but when I see my times my pace and speed is better. My setup on the car for the shocks goes different from my other buggy as the 998 likes thicker oils to work with the suspension and dampens well when landing the jump and continuing on to the corner. The car also had a good amount of free wheel spin from the kit bearings and feels light in the hands so i need to weight it to make sure it makes the JBRL rules for AZ next race at Fear Farm. the radio tray is nice and requires a little push and shove to get my Savox servos in but once in they aren't going anywhere even if a screw backs out, the battery and receiver box have a good amount of room as I have put my PT and Recvr inside. So I will report on here to let you know on the car and it performance here in the states, I will also be getting cars here to sell in the next few weeks and when I do, I will have an FB page and you also PM here if needed.
Hey R2 thanks for the indepth on the car an all.. glad to hear that you enjoy the car and excited to hear that the USA will get their taste of the 998 good and proper so to speak.. as the 2015ed has done well in its current form.. and a great looking car it is.. ill be updating my set up in the near future, and im keen to set up a one stop rc shop online inc. at track supply perhaps inc.. parts for the 998 will see..
Old 05-26-2015, 12:20 PM
Tech Adept

http://www.neobuggy.net/2015/05/26/s...ree-of-charge/

Bet all soar drivers wish they were all in Spain. Still a fantastic gesture from the company and now the old buggy for spares
Old 05-26-2015, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Soarseiki 998 Buggy at Revelation Raceway: https://youtu.be/pVjwN4nIklo
Old 05-26-2015, 02:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -R2-
Soarseiki 998 Buggy at Revelation Raceway: https://youtu.be/pVjwN4nIklo
Hey DJ PM sent
Old 05-26-2015, 03:23 PM
Tech Addict

Anyone know a release date for the Truggy?
Old 05-26-2015, 04:51 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Zebinc
Anyone know a release date for the Truggy?
as far as its been hinted at... truggy and perhaps more will be announced end of 2015... if not earlier.. but perhaps we ll hear from official sources sooner x fingers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.