Community
Wiki Posts
Search

italian job finish order?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Yeah after watching that short clip, it looked like pure misjudgment! Not saying that's ok but at that moment he was on another level from ronnefelk, he gained on him to quick, if someone walks u down that fast you should let him go! Maybe zanchetti thought ronnefelk was giving him room to pass! Didn't look that bad.....
Old 01-13-2014, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rsickles
That was pretty bad. I think it deserved some kind of penalty, but it would never happen.

I suppose the bottom line is race organizers are so worried about upsetting these big name drivers, for fear they might not want to return next year, or bad mouth the event, they'd rather not say anything than upset them.
+1 Happens all the time
Old 01-13-2014, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

After analyzing the video the way it happens it's on the mini jump before the upper left corner, Ronnefalk is rolling the mini jump and Zanchetti is right behind.
If he didn't account for the front runner setting up for the corner what do I think?
On to the Ronnefalk off-track situation: happens at 2:53 through 3:04 and what I see is a marshal(or maybe not?) smoking with the other hand on his pocket, that moved twice towards Ronnefalk's car and didn't do anything. As you can see it's a very low traction surface and it's in a slope, the car fell off-track with no marshal in sight. Some will remember the Enigma on the 2012 World Championship track and see some resemblance.

Originally Posted by Rsickles
That was pretty bad. I think it deserved some kind of penalty, but it would never happen.

I suppose the bottom line is race organizers are so worried about upsetting these big name drivers, for fear they might not want to return next year, or bad mouth the event, they'd rather not say anything than upset them.
I can understand that, it's money they're after right?
There was a race on a track with that mindset, some drivers had fun hacking around, marshals kicking cars, shouting and so on...It wasn't fun.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:22 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 30Tooth
I can understand that, it's money they're after right?
There was a race on a track with that mindset, some drivers had fun hacking around, marshals kicking cars, shouting and so on...It wasn't fun.
yes there is a money prize at the end of the 3 races, but the "mindset" was not what you described at all.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AllyITA
yes there is a money prize at the end of the 3 races, but the "mindset" was not what you described at all.
Oops, not that I meant the Italian Job Race was run that way. I meant the race director didn't enforce the rules and didn't called anyone for unsuitable behavior because they were clients.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Any one knows who was the driver which car flamed out when he was in first position in A3 around 8. minute ?
Old 01-15-2014, 06:49 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by alport78
Any one knows who was the driver which car flamed out when he was in first position in A3 around 8. minute ?
Davide Ongaro, his car flamed out in all 3 finals.
engine problems with a novarossi virtus
Old 01-15-2014, 07:15 AM
Tech Champion

Wait....... the vid posted is just a Q. What's the big deal? Aren't there 3 Q's anyways?

I thought it was unwise to wait for the racer you hacked in Q's. Because then you still end up running side by side and risk hacking each other again and again. Just keep going, hopefully the racer you hacked can get some clean track to make up time. If the RD docks you 10s or gives you a DTP so be it. But waiting for the guy you hacked and then running close to him again ain't going to solve anything.

It's only in the mains that we wait to give back someones position or give out DTP's. Or is this some kind of weird racing Q format where you have to win your heat by position to make the next Q???
Old 01-15-2014, 07:20 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
Or is this some kind of weird racing Q format where you have to win your heat by position to make the next Q???
no, only your time counts
Old 01-15-2014, 07:24 AM
Tech Champion

If there's 3 chances to get a clean Q run, I don't see what all the hub bub is about then.

Hacking happens, just don't hack me in the mains and we're cool.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Are you sure he was running that, the Vir-Tus is an onroad engine?
Old 01-15-2014, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

virtus is an onroad engine... are you sure??
Old 01-15-2014, 10:55 AM
Tech Elite

If there's 3 chances to get a clean Q run, I don't see what all the hub bub is about then.

Hacking happens, just don't hack me in the mains and we're cool.
it was qual. points, meaning your best 2 runs count and you have 1 throw out, if you were on your game for a good qual. and had to give it because of a hack then that's not cool

rocket round would be different.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:06 AM
Tech Elite

Wait....... the vid posted is just a Q. What's the big deal? Aren't there 3 Q's anyways?

I thought it was unwise to wait for the racer you hacked in Q's. Because then you still end up running side by side and risk hacking each other again and again. Just keep going, hopefully the racer you hacked can get some clean track to make up time. If the RD docks you 10s or gives you a DTP so be it. But waiting for the guy you hacked and then running close to him again ain't going to solve anything.

It's only in the mains that we wait to give back someones position or give out DTP's. Or is this some kind of weird racing Q format where you have to win your heat by position to make the next Q???
Yeah I went full speed ahead on it, sorry. On my defense I knew it were Quals but my opinion, while no one asked, is that a pass-trough infraction would be suitable.
I love clean racing that's why it struck a nerve, sorry again.
What DTP stands for?

Since Davide went to NR I don't know which engine he runs now, used to be a BXR now must be the same as Zanchetti as they are NR sponsored.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:41 PM
Tech Elite

Drive Through Penalty

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.