Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Year round outdoor running >

Year round outdoor running

Year round outdoor running

Old 01-10-2014, 01:18 PM
  #1  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
merdith6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Brazoria, TX
Posts: 2,350
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Year round outdoor running

I love living in Texas. We run nitro buggy year round outdoor. Last weekend club race this weekend fun practice time. It should be about 65 degrees.
merdith6 is offline  
Old 01-10-2014, 01:33 PM
  #2  
Tech Fanatic
 
alport78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 771
Default

jerk.... :P
alport78 is offline  
Old 01-10-2014, 01:39 PM
  #3  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Morrisville, NC
Posts: 473
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

I live in NC, I think its plenty warm to run outdoors all year for the most part.

I'm originally from NJ so I think 55* during the day is great, people that are from here think its too cold though.
kawi650 is offline  
Old 01-10-2014, 02:20 PM
  #4  
Tech Master
iTrader: (28)
 
pballer2777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: dirty jerz
Posts: 1,843
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kawi650 View Post
I live in NC, I think its plenty warm to run outdoors all year for the most part.

I'm originally from NJ so I think 55* during the day is great, people that are from here think its too cold though.
on Tuesday here in nj it was 8 with a wind chill of -13. defitly too cold to run outdoors. really too cold to do anything outside
pballer2777 is offline  
Old 01-10-2014, 02:28 PM
  #5  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Morrisville, NC
Posts: 473
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by pballer2777 View Post
on Tuesday here in nj it was 8 with a wind chill of -13. defitly too cold to run outdoors. really too cold to do anything outside
And that is the reason why I don't live there anymore.
kawi650 is offline  
Old 01-10-2014, 02:32 PM
  #6  
Tech Adept
 
Catch 22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Scotland
Posts: 144
Default

At our track in Scotland , we run all year round . Winter series is often under 0 degrees (Celsius ) (not sure what that would be in Fahrenheit ) .

Rains almost every race day in winter (and a a good few of the summer ones too lol )
Catch 22 is offline  
Old 01-10-2014, 02:41 PM
  #7  
Tech Master
iTrader: (28)
 
pballer2777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: dirty jerz
Posts: 1,843
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
At our track in Scotland , we run all year round . Winter series is often under 0 degrees (Celsius ) (not sure what that would be in Fahrenheit ) .

Rains almost every race day in winter (and a a good few of the summer ones too lol )
32deg
pballer2777 is offline  
Old 01-10-2014, 03:54 PM
  #8  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (125)
 
spunkysandoval's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 2,674
Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Default

Socal winters are around 70 degree F highs on nice sunny days :P

But damn! Its costly to live here
spunkysandoval is offline  
Old 01-10-2014, 05:03 PM
  #9  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (52)
 
Jaz240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,494
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Here in Arizona we have the best of both worlds. Our winter temps are 70-75 in the daytime and cost of living is cheap! The only thing we don't have is the Dallas Cowboys.... Many people consider that a good thing but I bleed silver and blue and I've been bleeding for a really looonnnnnngggggg time!
Jaz240 is offline  
Old 01-10-2014, 09:27 PM
  #10  
Tech Master
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 1,410
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Florida.
Ben Burtle is offline  
Old 01-10-2014, 09:55 PM
  #11  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (125)
 
spunkysandoval's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 2,674
Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
Here in Arizona we have the best of both worlds. Our winter temps are 70-75 in the daytime and cost of living is cheap! The only thing we don't have is the Dallas Cowboys.... Many people consider that a good thing but I bleed silver and blue and I've been bleeding for a really looonnnnnngggggg time!
True True!
spunkysandoval is offline  
Old 01-11-2014, 01:48 PM
  #12  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 314
Default

I live in Sweden.... Most of you don't even know where that is!
Klimpen717 is offline  
Old 01-11-2014, 03:15 PM
  #13  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (52)
 
Jaz240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,494
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Klimpen717 View Post
I live in Sweden.... Most of you don't even know where that is!
Are you kidding! You got the hottest women on the planet!
Jaz240 is offline  
Old 01-11-2014, 03:18 PM
  #14  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (21)
 
rallyebmx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,885
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Klimpen717 View Post
I live in Sweden.... Most of you don't even know where that is!
Isn't that by New Jersey ?
rallyebmx is offline  
Old 01-11-2014, 05:01 PM
  #15  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (53)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Belleville, MI
Posts: 4,524
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default

I live in Michigan, our outdoor season is 4-5 calender months long. But truthfully between the spring thunderstorms, mid summer 100+f/80% humidity days, and 30F with possible snow autumns we realistic have 2-3 months of outdoor racing. What I'm saying is don't live here if you want "good" outdoor racing year around.

Last edited by nv529; 01-11-2014 at 05:20 PM.
nv529 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.