Wiki Posts
Search

The Dirt Nitro Challenge 2014

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 07:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCmayor
Problem is most sponsored drivers (I call them contracted customers) are paying to race also. Maybe a little cheaper rate but they are paying for parts/tires/engines/fuel also.
*Paying full price...

Should've clarified. But that just helps reinforce my point. There's guys that pay 100% of the costs (Sportsman) some that pay some of the cost (Open) and those that have 100% deals or are paid to race (Pro).

Joey wanted a sportsman class (based on chassis sponsorship) but called it Open, which I think is a bit of an injustice to everyone.

That said, at the end of the day, it was still the fault of the guys who got 1st and 2nd. They had a chassis sponsor and didn't follow the rules in place. Very clear cut here, IMHO.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Ya, it is just such a wide range of sponsorships. It probably should be a chassis and/or tire sponsor with the latter being generally much more valuable than a chassis sponsor. Maybe fuel also should be included. Anything else besides electronics are really just accessory sponsors, or maybe a painter friend that gives them deals on painting bodies.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
Haha, way to go Mo.. Also For the podium finish.

Frank L, can you send that Proline truck this way. I will buy some for 30.00 all day. Lol

The rest of this thread needs an icon for beating a dead horse. 12 pages of whining.

How about that DNC- great job guys. God do I wish that I was there.

Looked like a beautiful weekend for all that attended. Perfect weather for nitro

The track looked amazing!!! LIveRC would have needed 20 cameras to do that track justice.

9 pack crashes and racing was great to watch.

For those of you that don't like the rules of the track- Don't go, it is that simple. 700 entries prove you wrong.

I am proud that Joey stood up and did what he did with proof. Cheaters will always cheat. Just enjoy the event and know that we are jealous that you were there.

Life is too short.

How bout them HotBodies.....

Last edited by willbe; 02-25-2014 at 07:48 PM.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Anyone find it odd that the RC news sites aren't reporting about the disqualifications? I guess since it doesn't affect the big name pros it doesn't matter.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bogi
I'm saying it would suck to be in a higher main and get the same trophy as a lower main. My point is not about the physical trophy but if everyone got the same thing for doing good or bad it would seem weird to me.
I don't want to be provocative but how is getting a D main trophy any worse than getting an A main trophy where you had the 30 best drivers removed from your class (by separating them into pro)?

For me the only argument in favor of multi classes is so you get more than a 10 minute final.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:50 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Imbue
Agama'd?
My 7 year old radio decided to work intermitently at the biggest race of the year
By the time i figured out it was the radio it was too late. Its all good though. I only go for the food anyway
Old 02-25-2014, 08:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

And one could say if you dont want to run against the big boys then dont go to the DNC its not a club race. Its one of the top must attend races in the world. IMO

Originally Posted by Bigwave
My opinion...

If some don't think a 50% deal is good enough, and don't think these sponsorships should force you to run in Pro...then drop\don't take the deal.

Simple as that.

Step up to the plate and take your shot\lumps in Pro...you wanted the sponsorship, so take the responsibility that comes with it.

Like I said, if you don't want to run pro then don't take a 50% deal. End of story.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

[QUOTE=houston;13043447]Basically heres how Joey thinks about it imo , if you have any chassis sponsor via a chassis mfr. You must run factory class , the top class , if you have no chassis sponsor whatsoever you can run non factory class guys . Pretty simple really

Either way its joeys rules to enforce , he apparently got a lil forceful help from some super fast guys who were tired of seeing chassis sponsored guys in open

and for the record I literally havent driven an rc car since last september , took a lil while to get all the cobwebs shaken out

You did well for havin webs !!
Old 02-25-2014, 08:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up DNC

It was great watching this live on my big screen !

Old 02-25-2014, 09:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The entries need to drop by half. Waiting 7hrs to run a 7min qualifying round is a bit too much. I'll still continue to go no matter what because the DNC was my first major race and Joey is like me in that he does it because he loves to do it. Plus, if the entries drop and only the top talent shows up, suddenly there's a viable TV package that can attract corporate sponsors and actually grow this hobby into something we'd probably all like to see. Big races should be about showcasing the best talent, not about equal track time for everyone. That's for your local club and regional races. If you're going to have classes, you run one class and that's it. No "I'm running open but I'm going to sign up for Pro, 40+, legends, blue bodies only, yellow wheels only classes so I can get more track time with the same car". You're just dragging the program for the rest of us only allowed to sign up for one class. It's only my opinion, and I don't expect everyone to agree with it.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AZRC4Me
If you're going to have classes, you run one class and that's it. No "I'm running open but I'm going to sign up for Pro, 40+, legends, blue bodies only, yellow wheels only classes so I can get more track time with the same car".
For that particular instance, I agree. But that won't change or stop those certain people who run four different classes at big races just to get more track time. You know, those people who run nitro truggy, nitro buggy, electric buggy, short bus, etc...but can barely keep all of them going and make the race starts because they're so overwhelmed.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rsickles
For that particular instance, I agree. But that won't change or stop those certain people who run four different classes at big races just to get more track time. You know, those people who run nitro truggy, nitro buggy, electric buggy, short bus, etc...but can barely keep all of them going and make the race starts because they're so overwhelmed.
I'm perfectly fine with that, if there are more classes for other chassis types then run whatever you want to. One car, one class.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:10 AM
Tech Initiate

the way ive always understood comp seperation (not just rc but other sports)

"sport"= not so good but willing to try theyre best and at least compete

"expert/pro"= experienced and trying to win

"open" = open to everybody alltogether

i feel it was just an error in the case of "dnc 2014" calling "sport" "open"

in my honest opinion if you werent at the dnc for the sights and sounds you were there to see where you stack up, and you find that out in "expert/pro"

i know if i personally had the skill to do well in sport i would rather run with the wolves instead. especially at a race like the dnc.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by worstluck
in my honest opinion if you werent at the dnc for the sights and sounds you were there to see where you stack up, and you find that out in "expert/pro"

i know if i personally had the skill to do well in sport i would rather run with the wolves instead. especially at a race like the dnc.
I agree with you 100% on this, but unfortunately there are people who would rather sandbag for the cheap victory. But there's nothing you can do about that...
Old 02-26-2014, 07:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kuruption
I agree with you 100% on this, but unfortunately there are people who would rather sandbag for the cheap victory. But there's nothing you can do about that...
You must have been watching a different race than I did, as there was no "cheap victory" had in any class.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.