Like Tree3Likes

JQ Products "White Edition"

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 03:38 PM
SEF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JQ
Thanks a lot. Let's hope nothing comes of it. Reminds me of when McDonalds did this:

MacDonald's (UK - Cayman Islands)

McDonald's filed a lawsuit against MacDonald's Family Restaurant, located in Grand Cayman. McDonald's lost the case, and in addition, was banned from ever opening a McDonald's location on Grand Cayman. This ruling still stands today.

Please check this article.

https://jqproducts.wordpress.com/201...avel-or-droop/

Let me know what you think about this, and if it's worth the effort.

Worth the effort. Thanks for posting. And damn that was a fast daytime lap. A 29 second lap is a world class time on this track in the middle of the day
Old 03-02-2016, 03:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Originally Posted by Greg B
I'm sure most legal things will be kept off the forum as it should.

As for his assault on our country ? To be really honest about, he hasn't said anything that I haven't said before. At 45 years old, I can honestly say, I can see America circling the drain. If you can't, you're blind or don't care.
However, we all differ on opinions and we should. Even RC cars are made and built from different opinions.
Here here! Well said.
Old 03-02-2016, 10:43 PM
JQ
Tech Master

Here's another blog post, mainly because I hate America.

Driving etc

Old 03-03-2016, 03:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JQ

Driving etc

Moar please.
Old 03-03-2016, 03:33 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by JQ

Driving etc

I love the articles, thank you JQ.

Most advice given from other pros explains the "what" will happen when you change a setting on your car, but you also go to explain the "why" it happens and the "when" it should be done. I learned quite a bit from your droop article you put out.

Keep them coming.
Old 03-03-2016, 05:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JQ
No plans for larger shock shafts right now. I have not seen this as a problem, my suspension tends to be really good when comparing to other cars. We are working on other things first before looking at improving the shocks.
people have complimented my cars on how nice they feel on the bench, i just have to stay on top of it more than im used to, everything is super free and smooth, but its like too much "deflection" when you have the shocks mounted on the car, you can rock the shock body at pretty far angles, i think they jam or bind in certain situations... everything is super free, the upper mounts, the ball ends

just something ive noticed over the last few years, it could be as simple as making thicker height pistons to keep everything centered... dunno man, just throwing it out there...

..p,s, when are you gonna have the c and d blocks back in stock, and the bearing sleeves?? i was about to pull the trigger on the lv parts and ur outta stock!

Last edited by the wrench; 03-03-2016 at 05:43 AM.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:45 AM
JQ
Tech Master

Originally Posted by the wrench
people have complimented my cars on how nice they feel on the bench, i just have to stay on top of it more than im used to, everything is super free and smooth, but its like too much "deflection" when you have the shocks mounted on the car, you can rock the shock body at pretty far angles, i think they jam or bind in certain situations... everything is super free, the upper mounts, the ball ends

just something ive noticed over the last few years, it could be as simple as making thicker height pistons to keep everything centered... dunno man, just throwing it out there...

..p,s, when are you gonna have the c and d blocks back in stock, and the bearing sleeves?? i was about to pull the trigger on the lv parts and ur outta stock!

You can do the same thing with other brands shocks.
hopefully back in stock next week. I assume you mean in America.
Old 03-03-2016, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JQ

Driving etc

pretty good they actually teach you about the traction circle in most skid car courses now, and i actually train drivers how to drive on icy oilpatch roads with it.
thanks for posting
Old 03-03-2016, 11:44 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JQ
You can do the same thing with other brands shocks.
hopefully back in stock next week. I assume you mean in America.

yea... the america you despise

next time you rebuild your seals, take a look, i think its time for the "even" smoother Shock....
Old 03-03-2016, 12:14 PM
JQ
Tech Master

Originally Posted by the wrench
yea... the america you despise

next time you rebuild your seals, take a look, i think its time for the "even" smoother Shock....
I know what you are talking about, and I am telling you this is normal in RC. Is it perfect? No. Is it an urgent problem? No. If it was people would not be running Kyosho shocks. Just as an example.
Old 03-03-2016, 11:39 PM
JQ
Tech Master

More set up stuff posted. Anti squat this time.

Read it here.

Old 03-03-2016, 11:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I see I see...good stuff as usual. The video really helps you grasp the concept. Anti Squat has always been something I have over looked....I wont anymore!!!
Old 03-04-2016, 12:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Wow I just found the JQ blog, and what a wealth of knowledge there is! I will be spending my afternoon pouring over each post and taking in as much as I can. I love finding these kinds of resources
Old 03-04-2016, 05:27 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JQ
I know what you are talking about, and I am telling you this is normal in RC. Is it perfect? No. Is it an urgent problem? No. If it was people would not be running Kyosho shocks. Just as an example.
i have lots of different brand cars...kyosho 8th scale shocks are the worst with the stupid clip, but the seal pack does last..

i dunno man, i just figured you would rethink the shock after all the time spent refining the geo, its the only part of your car ive always had trouble with... but im just one guy crying so its probably just me and my american ways...
Old 03-04-2016, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

..American jumps I guess

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.