Search
Like Tree13Likes

Tekno NT48 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 04:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MattDub
Jeff, it is very difficult to judge a vehicle on the box, especially when it hasn't had track time to break in and seat the parts. Looking at the video it appears the steering throw could be maxing out the travel in the CVDs. This typically does not happen on the track with a load.

Also it appears your servo or the linkage in the steering has to much play. This is apparent several places in the video, especially when you hit the brakes abruptly as the wheels shake left to right. steering play along with the truck wobbling on the box seems to be causing the movement to resonate at a certain speed.

We can arrange to have a team driver work with you on the issue after the truck has had track time to break in and seat the parts. Please PM me if you are interested.
Thanks, the play you see in the steering is not in the linkage this truck is slop free at the moment very pleased at that part. I am trying to work the throttle and steering and hit the brakes all with one hand and film with the other. Like I said I ran the EPA plumb down to 45 percent and that is no where near the steering lock and it is the same thing. It is what it is and I am not going to worry about it anymore. I want to thank Tekno for what all they tried to explain and everyone associated with Tekno trying to help but the that's normal answer is the straw that broke the camels back. This truggy is probable a dang good piece of equipment and out handles and steers a lot if maybe not all kit available today. It has a feature I don't like so it needs to go. Sorry if I offended anybody or Tekno I am very glad you like and proud of your product and I apologize for even bringing this up. I get mad fast and it does not take me long to accept things. Let's all run and like what we have and enjoy the hobby no mater what brand we have or like. Now for the Tekno lovers get on here and post the wins and the things you love about you kit and get this page behind and maybe no one will ever see what all we talked about.

Last edited by Jeff Clark; 10-01-2015 at 05:17 PM.
Old 10-01-2015, 07:31 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jeff Clark
Thanks, the play you see in the steering is not in the linkage this truck is slop free at the moment very pleased at that part. I am trying to work the throttle and steering and hit the brakes all with one hand and film with the other. Like I said I ran the EPA plumb down to 45 percent and that is no where near the steering lock and it is the same thing. It is what it is and I am not going to worry about it anymore. I want to thank Tekno for what all they tried to explain and everyone associated with Tekno trying to help but the that's normal answer is the straw that broke the camels back. This truggy is probable a dang good piece of equipment and out handles and steers a lot if maybe not all kit available today. It has a feature I don't like so it needs to go. Sorry if I offended anybody or Tekno I am very glad you like and proud of your product and I apologize for even bringing this up. I get mad fast and it does not take me long to accept things. Let's all run and like what we have and enjoy the hobby no mater what brand we have or like. Now for the Tekno lovers get on here and post the wins and the things you love about you kit and get this page behind and maybe no one will ever see what all we talked about.
Jeff you need to drive the truggy and stop bitching like a little girl . You don't go around the track on the starter box so drive the dam truggy then you can come back and complain. My truggy does the same thing on the starter box but when it on the track watch out I'm cut some ass the truggy drives like a dream. So stop crying like a little baby and drive the thing.

Sorry for me talking like this but I gut tiered of hearing you bitch without driving the truggy and running down Tekno and there products and services. They have one of the bast customer service. You didn't like me talking like this to you so don't be doing it to some one else.😡😡😡😡😡
Old 10-01-2015, 08:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jose valadao
Jeff you need to drive the truggy and stop bitching like a little girl . You don't go around the track on the starter box so drive the dam truggy then you can come back and complain. My truggy does the same thing on the starter box but when it on the track watch out I'm cut some ass the truggy drives like a dream. So stop crying like a little baby and drive the thing.

Sorry for me talking like this but I gut tiered of hearing you bitch without driving the truggy and running down Tekno and there products and services. They have one of the bast customer service. You didn't like me talking like this to you so don't be doing it to some one else.😡😡😡😡😡
Thanks. I will say it one more time I apologize to you and Tekno. Bash me and call me names all you want I done what is right and you can except it or not your choice. Have a great evening.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeff Clark
I saw the 3 magic words a while back. "Let go cheap". How cheap you talking?
Old 10-02-2015, 02:05 AM
Tech Regular

Would the universal from st-rr fit in the new .3?
Old 10-02-2015, 07:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Wing

It looks like the team drivers are still using the original NT wing instead of the newer lower one (at least from the setup sheets on the Tekno website). Has anybody seen a dramatic difference between the two?
Old 10-05-2015, 12:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

What are peoples thoughts on the NT48.3 box set up compared to the NT48 box set up? They are very different.
Old 10-05-2015, 04:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XT8Truggy
What are peoples thoughts on the NT48.3 box set up compared to the NT48 box set up? They are very different.
Go back 2 pages and the info is there already Eric, cheers
Old 10-05-2015, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by savagesam
OK here is my wrap up of the NT48.3 upgrade, when building the new updated truggy, forget all your set up's from the previous chassis, the flex properties have changed and the new chassis is a great improvement, as most would know i have also been running the M2C chassis and again forget all your set up's from this chassis.

The new set up in the manual is fast and stable to drive, i myself have made some small changes after a day at my home track testing different changes, i moved the wheel base to 2mm behind the rear hub and 3mm in front, the truggy seems to rotate better for my driving style, a little more front wheel drive action for me too with 12/15/7 diff set up, 3.5 degree rear toe and went to 700/600 with the shocks and 10% rebound.

Really happy with the upgrades and cant wait as im heading to the NSW State Title event in 2 days time, so will get 3 solid days of testing done in a race format, will keep you posted when i get back from the event.

So if your upgrading to the NT48.3 complete kit, start with the book set up and adjust from there, If you purchased the chassis and using the NT48 complete kit, forget everything and down load the new chassis manual and start from scratch, you will not regret the new set up changes.
The new set up is a great starting point
Old 10-05-2015, 05:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default NT48.2 to NT48.3

Hi all just looking to buy my first tekno NT48.2 2nd hand and was wondering if there is a lit of parts to upgrade to the NT48.3?
p.s looked through a lot of this thread
cheers Pegger
Old 10-05-2015, 05:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by savagesam
Go back 2 pages and the info is there already Eric, cheers

Thanks Sam I have all the upgrade parts so I'll start with the box set up and go from there.
Old 10-05-2015, 05:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

What's the different between nt48.2 to to the new nt48.3 in handle wise and proformance

Last edited by coombes; 10-05-2015 at 06:00 PM.
Old 10-05-2015, 10:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Keeping the stock Truggy body. It's the best looking body period. Can someone refer me to a company that offers wraps for the Tekno?

Ugrade RC? Why are they not making them for this popular chassis or am I wrong?
Old 10-06-2015, 02:16 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by pegger
Hi all just looking to buy my first tekno NT48.2 2nd hand and was wondering if there is a lit of parts to upgrade to the NT48.3?
p.s looked through a lot of this thread
cheers Pegger
Hi,

You can find a list with the new parts Here. Let us know if you need any help.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brmena101
Keeping the stock Truggy body. It's the best looking body period. Can someone refer me to a company that offers wraps for the Tekno?

Ugrade RC? Why are they not making them for this popular chassis or am I wrong?
Stickit1racing.com has em

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.