Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree13Likes

Tekno NT48 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 09:07 PM
Tech Initiate

I'm going with the m2c chassis and stock center diff. I run the m2c chassis on my mp9 and it's fantastic. I love m2c
Old 06-24-2015, 09:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by offroad dude
No I don't have anything at the moment. I'm trying to figure out what route to take.
M2C chassis fixes the spur gear problem.
Old 06-25-2015, 06:43 AM
Tech Addict

Default M2C CHASSIS

Originally Posted by offroad dude
No I don't have anything at the moment. I'm trying to figure out what route to take.
By the time you buy all the parts for the conversion you probably will have spent 1/2 what you would have spent on
the M2C chassis.
Also we are going on 4 months with this chassis and still no one has reported
to me that they have broken a spur gear.
Our design also reduces a lot of the flex since we have taken out the large cutout in the flywheel area.
With the quick change motor mount and the lower CG of the engine and
the center diff and the expected life of the chassis with the replacable skid
plates, this chassis will probably outlast all the parts on the car.
The guys that are running the chassis are reporting that the chassis has better corner speed than the stock and
is taking the jumps with more control of the car on landings.
Old 06-25-2015, 11:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by m2cracing
By the time you buy all the parts for the conversion you probably will have spent 1/2 what you would have spent on
the M2C chassis.
Also we are going on 4 months with this chassis and still no one has reported
to me that they have broken a spur gear.
Our design also reduces a lot of the flex since we have taken out the large cutout in the flywheel area.
With the quick change motor mount and the lower CG of the engine and
the center diff and the expected life of the chassis with the replacable skid
plates, this chassis will probably outlast all the parts on the car.
The guys that are running the chassis are reporting that the chassis has better corner speed than the stock and
is taking the jumps with more control of the car on landings.
Well I just ordered the chassis and I still have to buy another spur gear. I'm hopping that this chassis is as good as you say it is....
Old 06-25-2015, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Now the spur gears are out of stock on the Tekno site. This is getting old real quick....
Old 06-26-2015, 02:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default M2C Chassis

I just ordered the new M2C chassis. I haven't had any spur gear issues yet, but I do have a dent in my current chassis. Don't know what I did - probably landed on a pipe stake. Anyway, I'm still running the default setup. Is there any setup changes I need to make immediately when I get the new M2C chassis?
Old 06-28-2015, 07:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Anyone experience the rear drive axle pop right out? I am running stock chassis with both rear braces. The jump was a quad series with option to double, double or triple single out. So, I tripled and as singled out the rear drive axle came right out causing me to fall out of race. I put roughly 2.5mm spacers behind the diff cup to close the gap and still had this happen. My thought was chassis flexed as truck landed and flexed little more as it was coming out of jump. Any others chime in on a resolution, thanks. Since I swapped 3 months ago, I have replaced 3 spurs, 2 clutchbells, 2 sets diff outputs, 1 rear axle...Frustrating Sorry
Old 06-28-2015, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by paposwing14
Anyone experience the rear drive axle pop right out? I am running stock chassis with both rear braces. The jump was a quad series with option to double, double or triple single out. So, I tripled and as singled out the rear drive axle came right out causing me to fall out of race. I put roughly 2.5mm spacers behind the diff cup to close the gap and still had this happen. My thought was chassis flexed as truck landed and flexed little more as it was coming out of jump. Any others chime in on a resolution, thanks. Since I swapped 3 months ago, I have replaced 3 spurs, 2 clutchbells, 2 sets diff outputs, 1 rear axle...Frustrating Sorry
I have had the centre rear drive shaft drop out while sitting in a bump spot at our Nationals, same issue, doing a double and landed a fraction short and the chassis with both braces fitted flexed enough for the rear long centre dog bone to pop out, race and event over.

I have only had it happen once but it could not have happened at a worse time, the biggest event of the year, im betting your chassis when stripped down is bent and if you look closely there is a crack from the engine bolt holes to the check out where the radio tray sits which allows it to flex even further than new and designed
Old 06-29-2015, 01:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have circled the cracks on my 4 month old chassis, once these cracks are present the chassis flexing well past its designed boundries, on a flat surface this same chassis when held flat at either end has a 4mm bow.

Old 06-29-2015, 12:27 PM
Tech Addict

My chassis is 4 months old and yes mine has a crack on the front side engine bolt closest to radio tray! What now... So frustrating... I know M2C chassis is big improvement but I'm not spending another penny...Battling setup is one thing but battling quality is just terrible. No Offense, its my opinion !!

Originally Posted by savagesam
I have circled the cracks on my 4 month old chassis, once these cracks are present the chassis flexing well past its designed boundries, on a flat surface this same chassis when held flat at either end has a 4mm bow.

Old 06-29-2015, 08:28 PM
Tech Addict

Default NT48 Chassis

I stripped my chassis and saw the same stress marks near engine bolts area. See PIC... Thanks savagesam, currently emailing Tekno and will have a resolution for my issue. Thanks TeknoRC for your support!
Attached Thumbnails Tekno NT48 Thread-truggy-chassis.jpg  
Old 06-30-2015, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi everyone,

We're working on a solution for those that are having trouble. It will still be a few weeks, but we wanted to let you know that we hear you and we are going to fix it. Thanks.
Old 07-01-2015, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)

That is why I continue driving a Tekno!! They listen to the ordinary drivers!! They have top level equipment with a few minor issues that they work hard to overcome and make people happy!!
Old 07-01-2015, 08:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Default m2c chassis

My son just got done putting his m2c chassis on his truggy.. What a piece of art!! I got them on my nb48 and sct410.

As far as the rear drive train popping out. Back in the day we use to put orings in the center diff drive cup and the rear gear box drive cup.
Old 07-03-2015, 05:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

[QUOTE=qstorm777;14070062]I just ordered the new M2C chassis. I haven't had any spur gear issues yet, but I do have a dent in my current chassis. Don't know what I did - probably landed on a pipe stake. Anyway, I'm still running the default setup. Is there any setup changes I need to make immediately when I get the new M2C chassis

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.