Wiki Posts
Search

Q&A with Matt Gosch

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 09:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Q&A with Matt Gosch

Hey everyone,

I'm starting this thread with the intent to help anyone with questions about the JQ Products Yellow Edition buggy as well as any other products that I run. I can always answer any questions you may have about races in the Midwest or tracks in the area. Looking forward to helping any and every one out.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey Buddy how you been?!

I TQ your thread btw
Old 05-24-2013, 11:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

i gotta question. How much do you go up in oil weight for shock when it gets hot?
I was at the RC Pro South race this past weekend and had a bit of a time with set up. During practice on friday i found a good set up. On sat and sun the track dried out and the air temp and humidity made it 15+ deg high then friday. I ran 35wt all around during practice and moved shock positions around to handle the dry track. Wasn't til after my main did i realize i should have gone up in shock oil due to heat.

sssooooo....what is you rule of thumb when it comes to shock oil and temp??
Old 05-26-2013, 11:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Not tech related but not far from you we have a money race here in Mayfield Kentucky June 7-9th http://www.rcsignup.com/events/displayEvent.cfm?ID=3021 How about coming down and racing with us? Would love to meet you in person and get some quality JQ representation in this area. I got the durability representation down, now just need some fast guys to prove these JQ's can compete.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:06 AM
Tech Initiate

@Casey Peck, doing good man. Just been crazy busy with work, school, and racing. I see you have the AZ area on lock these days, keep up the hard work.

@KyoshoKid, everyone has there own theory about when to change shock oils. I usually go up 2.5 weight oil using the Losi line of oils when the temp goes up 15-20 degrees.

@stevetford, I have that race tentatively on my calendar. Hopefully I can get off work for that, it would be some good practice before the Nationals.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Matt, whats your usual shock/spring set up for a high bite style track like will be at the Nats?
Old 05-28-2013, 12:19 PM
Tech Initiate

@Gwoodrc, Shock weight and springs are something I have been messing with a lot lately, especially since the introduction of the new wide chassis. Omaha is the highest bite track I run on all year. My shock setup there has been 45 Losi front with Losi Silver springs and 40 Losi rear with Kyosho Green springs, using the CSI Black pistons all the way around. I should be starting with something close to that at the Nationals, unless I find something different, in which I will let you know.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Matt Gosch
@Gwoodrc, Shock weight and springs are something I have been messing with a lot lately, especially since the introduction of the new wide chassis. Omaha is the highest bite track I run on all year. My shock setup there has been 45 Losi front with Losi Silver springs and 40 Losi rear with Kyosho Green springs, using the CSI Black pistons all the way around. I should be starting with something close to that at the Nationals, unless I find something different, in which I will let you know.
Thanks, Flowood RC in MS is my home track and is very comparable to the grip at mikes in porter tx. I have csi blue but don't have any blacks, I have all the JQ pistons and have been experimenting with the multi hole but haven't found any thing that I'm happy with, just can't seem to calm the back of the car down after a jump. I always have to wait and let it settle before I turn or gas on it again, loosing a lot of time to competitors there.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Matt, I got this rash I wondering what ... oh wait wrong thread
Old 05-28-2013, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Question for your Matthew, If train A leaves Chicago traveling 66.6MPH and train B leaves New York traveling 117MPH and the distance between the two cites is 600 miles how far from New York will it be when the two trains meet?
Old 05-30-2013, 08:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Matt, could you post your set up for a hard packed, high bite track with the new chassis? I have struggled a little with the new chassis trying to get the steering and aggressiveness that I am used to with the JQ. Just haven't been able to free it up enough in the corners to carry speed through the corner.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:26 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey there MaTT.

Im new to the whole nitro thing, I bought my son an RTR JQ car and a week later I got my self the yellow edition.. Both great cars. The track we race at has a massive set of triples down the back and its a high bite short twisty track other than that.. what would be our best set up? diff oils shock oils etc?

Last edited by Whirly; 05-31-2013 at 05:12 PM.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If a tree falls in the woods, and nobody is around to hear it, does it still make a noise??
Old 05-31-2013, 01:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by corky_rc
If a tree falls in the woods, and nobody is around to hear it, does it still make a noise??
Of course it does
Old 05-31-2013, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bkuff-losi
Of course it does
could you please edit ur post? This is the Q&A with Matt Gosch thread, if you want to answer questions please start ur own thread.

can ur wagon pull a wheelie?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.