Wiki Posts
Search

RB's innovative Automatic Dampening System

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 12:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RobinCH
As far as I know RB will not ship directly to countries that have an active distributer.
Hi RobinCH,

That's possible ! Then it's not a good way to register on the RB site for American customers. I wanted to say too, if RB has not the parts in stock actually, it is difficult for their distibutors to have them.
I will wait to order one kit for my RC8 when it will be produce and available.
They should do it for Tekno too...

Mr Moroni
It's a really good thing to see you here, we can now talk about technical solutions and about the ADS system.
Can you tell us if you have made a definitive version or if you are working on other slots designs ?
Thanks
Bye !
Old 07-04-2013, 06:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

do they have one for truggy? specifically for a losi truggy. couldn't find any
Old 07-04-2013, 12:08 PM
Tech Adept

Why ads don't release yet for sworkz ? And why people in europe already have it, can you inform me where can I get ads for sworkz
Old 07-04-2013, 12:58 PM
Tech Regular

Get a break on all orders today and receive some nice discounts on orders over $100. ADS shock parts are of course included.

www.amainhobbies.com/4thsale
Old 07-05-2013, 11:50 AM
Tech Adept

RB damping system for Serpent Cobra - is that for the old Serpent 811 or the new Serpent 811 2.0?
Old 07-10-2013, 01:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Magnus F
RB damping system for Serpent Cobra - is that for the old Serpent 811 or the new Serpent 811 2.0?
New 2.0
Old 07-11-2013, 06:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Hi guys,

I've run these in my Sworkz Ebuggy twice now, and both times have been 1s per lap slower back to back than with the std shocks, using a variety of oils from 700cst to 1000st.

I am clearly not setting them right as I don't believe they are his bad, is there any way if knowing what range of setting to use based on std shock setting, eg if you run 450 in normal shocks, start at 700 for AZdS, etc?

Also, do they react badly to being paired with soft springs? Are they more sensitive to ride height (or shock mounting, eg depending on these depends on where in the sleeve it most uses)?

I am just trying to get a handle on them and get them closer to working well for me...currently feels like they are not liking my soft spring setup, and also like they go too hard too soon in the compression!?
Old 07-11-2013, 06:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default Springs

I think you do need to try different springs. When I first tried them I had soft springs and it was bad. I switched to the Mugen silver springs that came with the 7 and it worked alot better.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:02 AM
Tech Regular

I have now used the RB ADS System for 2 days on my Mugen MBX7 on the track where we held The Dirt Nitro Challenge - Rio de Janeiro. I am using 1100 front / 900 rear with the stock springs. Still need to test other springs with the system. I was able to improve my fastest lap time by more than one second (part of it for sure is increased grip and knowing the track better), but I was as well more consistent. The chassis slaps only when I am missing the reception area of the jumps, but stays very controllable even in such circumstances. What oils / springs are you folks using on your MBX7?
Old 07-21-2013, 09:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DaveG28
Hi guys,

I've run these in my Sworkz Ebuggy twice now, and both times have been 1s per lap slower back to back than with the std shocks, using a variety of oils from 700cst to 1000st.

I am clearly not setting them right as I don't believe they are his bad, is there any way if knowing what range of setting to use based on std shock setting, eg if you run 450 in normal shocks, start at 700 for AZdS, etc?

Also, do they react badly to being paired with soft springs? Are they more sensitive to ride height (or shock mounting, eg depending on these depends on where in the sleeve it most uses)?

I am just trying to get a handle on them and get them closer to working well for me...currently feels like they are not liking my soft spring setup, and also like they go too hard too soon in the compression!?
I have also tried them in my Sworkz e buggy and found they do not have enough pack in the front. I went up to losi 100wt in the front and still not enough, the chassis slaps hard from less than a 1 foot drop. Also, the hole in which the piston mounts to the shock shaft has a significantly larger diamiter than the shaft itself, this leads to alot of movement of the shaft causing leakage from the bottom seal.......
Old 07-21-2013, 11:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by symmetricon
... Also, the hole in which the piston mounts to the shock shaft has a significantly larger diameter than the shaft itself, this leads to alot of movement of the shaft causing leakage from the bottom seal.......
This might be the difference between the PRO 2.0 shocks and the defaults in the kits. The Pro has a different mounting form for the piston: The piston goes over a shaft in which a screw tightens the whole. The "old" kit-shocks have the conventional nut tightening over thread.

Not sure if you're familiar with the 2.0 shocks but I can't seem to find any proper documentation for these new shocks so I can imagine other people struggle with this as well...

Gaoske
Old 07-22-2013, 05:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gaoske
This might be the difference between the PRO 2.0 shocks and the defaults in the kits. The Pro has a different mounting form for the piston: The piston goes over a shaft in which a screw tightens the whole. The "old" kit-shocks have the conventional nut tightening over thread.

Not sure if you're familiar with the 2.0 shocks but I can't seem to find any proper documentation for these new shocks so I can imagine other people struggle with this as well...

Gaoske
I know the 2.0 shocks have a 4mm shock shaft, while the first gen had a 3.5mm. This may be part of the problem. I bought them of amain and they were listed to work on the S350 Be1. Maybe I should inform them of the compatibility issues?!

Anyways, I run on a high bite blue true track with cl big jumps so I need a lot of pack and the front shock didn't seem to be able to supply enough. I may need to try 20000cst oil in the front. The shocks did however work very well through a washboard section at the track....
Old 07-22-2013, 07:02 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by symmetricon
I have also tried them in my Sworkz e buggy and found they do not have enough pack in the front. I went up to losi 100wt in the front and still not enough, the chassis slaps hard from less than a 1 foot drop. Also, the hole in which the piston mounts to the shock shaft has a significantly larger diamiter than the shaft itself, this leads to alot of movement of the shaft causing leakage from the bottom seal.......
On my MBX7, my chassis slaps as well and I seem unable to get that away. I think it just is because the shock works differently than whatever we are used to. What I noticed is that even slapping the chassis, it doesn't really unsettle the car (but start considering to replace chassis from time to time). I am still experimenting with different oils and still have a lot to figure out... As the pope will be in Rio during the next couple days, I have a 4 day holiday coming up to test Will keep you posted on here...
Old 07-27-2013, 03:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Anyone tried these on the xb4? What oil weights are good to start with? Springs? Thoughts on trying with the progressive springs?
Old 08-04-2013, 01:24 PM
Tech Adept

hi all

i already got my ads for sworkz today, i was confuse when i must setup for the rebound, manual said i must set the rebound as minimum. can someone help me step by step setup for ads system cause when i want to setup my rebound the ads system went out from the shock body.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.