Wiki Posts
Search

Durability?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 09:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Questions?? Durability?

I currently have a tricked out HB d8 and have raced them for about 3 years. I would like a change and looking for something different. The problem im having is I want something very durable. I have never really broke anything on my HB at all. Does anyone have any advice on new kits. Like Serpent, JQ, Durango, xray... in that lines not really looking for Losi, Mugen, Kyosho. Thanks for the advice.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Out of the ones you listed you are interested in, get the X-Ray. Very durable. Not sure why you aren't interested in Mugen or Kyosho though, both very durable and proven buggies.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Xray XB9 2013 spec, all the way. it is the top of the durability, forgiveness, and overall a great driving car with out any shadow of doubt
Old 05-12-2013, 11:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

If durability is your first priority no doubt xray is the most durable buggy on the market but that doesn't mean you'll be fastest with it or other buggies are not durable enough. My first priority has allways been the drive characteristic and because of that I try some friends vehicles before buy a new kit. I don't care about durability too much because IMO all top brand buggies are durable enough (maybe only with some minor weak points)
Old 05-12-2013, 01:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

From your choices definitely the Xray will be the longest lasting, and most durable. They handle well too and are pretty easy to drive.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:22 PM
Tech Addict

I say durability because I had a mugen and broke Arms every single weekend and with the HB I have had no problems. Out of the kits ive mentioned, nobody in my area drives them thats why I asked on here. Im looking for something a little more nimble but still hold up for an intermediate driver.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:53 PM
Tech Adept

I was just like you I used to have a HB D8 sold it and now I have an XRAY 808 2010 spec best choice I have ever made its lighter, has better build quality, more durable, easier to drive, way better handling its better in every deparent I could think of I would get XRAY no doubt and while I had my D8 it broke every minute and had horrible handling characteristics to me
Old 05-12-2013, 08:11 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Alexnailey692
I was just like you I used to have a HB D8 sold it and now I have an XRAY 808 2010 spec best choice I have ever made its lighter, has better build quality, more durable, easier to drive, way better handling its better in every deparent I could think of I would get XRAY no doubt and while I had my D8 it broke every minute and had horrible handling characteristics to me
I find it hard that you broke your D8 all the time. I think in a couple of years and a few hara kits I have only broke 1 thing and that was a shock tower. Everyone here has had amazing durability out of their HBs. There is nothing worst than a buggy breaking every weekend or even every other race.
Old 05-12-2013, 08:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

So my track has what people call a "money wall" the triple seems to be straight but actually it's angled so first day on the new layout, I slammed straight into the wall 3x and no breaks from the kyosho mp9. I've ran mp9s for 2 years now and I haven't broke a single thing! Quite amazed actually because everytime I ran my rc8 I would brake the front arm or something.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

HB is a very durable buggy as you mentioned also Losi. I've driven a few buggies but the Serpent buggy has outlasted all my prior buggies as far as durability and wear.. It doesn't slop out fast and it take a beating and it keeps on ticking.. It's carbon fiber is also very strong. I'm currently running the Orginal towers on my ebuggy from last season. I've taken some big front hits. Pretty much all current named brand models taking the abuse but as far as wear it's not the same. Some buggies slop out fast and there drivetrain wear quickly..
Old 05-12-2013, 09:31 PM
Suspended

Default help

i know this is off subject but you guys seem to know you buggies i am new to the forumm and was wondering if anyone can give me some tip on nitro car and engine matinence to make my car last as long as posible
Old 05-13-2013, 03:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Another vote for Xray out of the buggies you listed especially when it comes down to durability.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GVMAN
i know this is off subject but you guys seem to know you buggies i am new to the forumm and was wondering if anyone can give me some tip on nitro car and engine matinence to make my car last as long as posible
Keep your rig clean! Not necessarily for looks, but for inspection purposes. Keep your air filter clean and oiled! If you all of a sudden lose your tune on your engine, something is wrong and you should inspect it. If you try and tune your way out, your gonna do damage.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Fatam
Im looking for something a little more nimble but still hold up for an intermediate driver.
JQ is nimble. Don't know if it's durable yet.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

That's easy, it doesn't get any more durable than Xray.

You've been lucky or you're a really clean driver if you've never broken your D8. I race with some really fast guys that run the D8 and I always see them break little things.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.