Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ripping off American Drivers

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 06:01 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
So Losi wants to cash in on thier name "Kyosho style". No biggie.

IIRC the Losi 2.0 was consistantly more expensive than the Xray 808. Which was darn near the exact same car, just nicer materials/springs/pistons/clutch etc.etc.

Ya'll don't like it, just buy a similar Xray Xb9 or Serpent. Problem solved.

Yea i can agree with that one. Not to mention even for $534 for the Eight 3.0 buggy is still to much for the kit and the quality i think. You can find cheaper buggy kits or rollers with better quality yet cheaper !
Old 05-02-2013, 06:03 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Eivind E
Maybe you're living with a very rich family, but most of Europe are suffering massively. Spain is a disaster-area, some places have 60% unemployment, Greece is even worse off, if they could charge more money for the kits they surely would, but I figure they realize they wouldn't be able to sell anything unless they kept the prices low.

I think you just have to accept that maybe there are other people less well off than you and your family are right now. When I started racing in Spain there were more people at the races, now lots of them have lost their jobs, and there are fewer races. We regularly had 60+ entries, now we had 32 entrants this weekend. All that has happened just the last two years.

Yea this year im starting to notice a decline with turnouts weekend to weekend at club races here in the states. Could be many factors not just money. But we can thank that to out greedy Goverment with more taxes !

Last year was better for sure.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:20 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

You want price gouging? Come to Australia!

considering $1 AUD = $1.03 USD

Consider these price differences.

Axial Exo Terra RTR
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...z-Radio-System
vs
http://www.stanbridges.com.au/shop.AX90024
Old 05-02-2013, 06:28 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by nexxus
You want price gouging? Come to Australia!

considering $1 AUD = $1.03 USD

Consider these price differences.

Axial Exo Terra RTR
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...z-Radio-System
vs
http://www.stanbridges.com.au/shop.AX90024

That truck is not even worth that for one.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Eivind E
Maybe you're living with a very rich family, but most of Europe are suffering massively. Spain is a disaster-area, some places have 60% unemployment, Greece is even worse off, if they could charge more money for the kits they surely would, but I figure they realize they wouldn't be able to sell anything unless they kept the prices low.

I think you just have to accept that maybe there are other people less well off than you and your family are right now. When I started racing in Spain there were more people at the races, now lots of them have lost their jobs, and there are fewer races. We regularly had 60+ entries, now we had 32 entrants this weekend. All that has happened just the last two years.
Let me say this again:

THE ONLY THING THAT IS CHEAPER HERE IN ITALY AND IN THE REST OF EUROPE IS THE LOSI KIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! Your point would make sense if everything cost less here and all manufacturers were lowering their prices, but the reality is everything else costs substantially more. Kyosho, Mugen, Associated, Hot Bodies are all more expensive to buy here than in the United States.

For the record, I don't live with any family other than my wife and child. I am not a snot nosed foreign exchange student. I have lived over 10 years in Europe in both Germany and Italy. I have raced in both countries extensively.

By the way, most of Europe is not suffering. Greece and Spain are suffering because the people they elected to lead their countries ran them into the ground by giving them benefits they can't afford to pay for. Even with all of the unemployment there are still significantly less homeless and uninsured people here in Europe. Yes people are out of work, or making less than before in those countries, but the average standard of living is still much higher.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Yea this year im starting to notice a decline with turnouts weekend to weekend at club races here in the states. Could be many factors not just money. But we can thank that to out greedy Goverment with more taxes !

Don't ever complain about taxes if you live in the United States. Americans pay almost nothing compared to most countries.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:57 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tc5 man

The "greedy" government has an awful lot to pay for, including for ex. the overbloated military.. Just sayin'..
Old 05-03-2013, 05:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
The "greedy" government has an awful lot to pay for, including for ex. the overbloated military.. Just sayin'..
That overbloated military is responsible for ensuring peace in most of the world to include your country. The U.N. and all other international bodies do not work. Do you think the Soviet Union wouldn't have just rolled over your entire country if we hadn't sat there for all of those years? Do you think North Korea would still be sitting where they are if the overbloated U.S. military wasn't there to protect South Korea for the last 50 years? The only substantial period of peace that Central Europe has experienced since the Roman Empire has happened while American troops have been stationed there (That is not a coincedence). Do you think the war in Bosnia would have ended without the American military? The German government sat on their hands while hundreds of thousands of people were slaughtered. The U.N. sent forces to protect the people and they watched powerlessly as Srebernica was turned into a slaughterhouse. I was there in 1996 at the Sava river and trust me it would not have stopped without massive American intervention. They hated each other and they still do. Would the revolution have worked in Libya without the support of American airpower and later our allies in NATO? Why do you think that NATO ever worked?

Germans make me laugh because they complain about our military being in their country and about American policy when they are the ones that have benefitted the most from our military in the last 70 years. The American military rebuilt Germany and Japan after WWII at significant cost to our own economy. Why do you think we suffered through a huge recession in the early 1950's. The Marshall Plan almost bankrupted our country. Both countries were completed devastated by that war, and are now economic powers in their regions. The rest of the world was left to rebuild themselves and they lagged behind those two countries for decades. Look at what happened to Eastern Europe without that overbloated military. When the wall came down unemployment in the former East Germany was over 20% because they were under Soviet rule for all those years. If you want to complain about the American military and you are German, you should start every conversation with, "Thank you for the billions of dollars and seventy years of uninterrupted peace you have contributed to our country."

There is only one effective tool in world politics and that is power or more correctly the threat of power.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Anyway, off of that tangent now. The Losi is still way overpriced in the United States when you consider that most of the "upgrades" didn't cost much more than the parts they replaced. How much more does the Gen III radio tray cost to manufacture than the Gen II? How much more do 16mm shocks cost compared to 15mm shocks?
Old 05-03-2013, 06:14 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Herrsavage

Oh its a lot more than that dude not just the military its inducing some wastefull spending.

Anyways back on topic.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:35 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Matthew Bailey
Anyway, off of that tangent now. The Losi is still way overpriced in the United States when you consider that most of the "upgrades" didn't cost much more than the parts they replaced. How much more does the Gen III radio tray cost to manufacture than the Gen II? How much more do 16mm shocks cost compared to 15mm shocks?

I agree with that.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:52 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Matthew Bailey
That overbloated military is responsible for ensuring peace in most of the world to include your country. The U.N. and all other international bodies do not work. Do you think the Soviet Union wouldn't have just rolled over your entire country if we hadn't sat there for all of those years? Do you think North Korea would still be sitting where they are if the overbloated U.S. military wasn't there to protect South Korea for the last 50 years? The only substantial period of peace that Central Europe has experienced since the Roman Empire has happened while American troops have been stationed there (That is not a coincedence). Do you think the war in Bosnia would have ended without the American military? The German government sat on their hands while hundreds of thousands of people were slaughtered. The U.N. sent forces to protect the people and they watched powerlessly as Srebernica was turned into a slaughterhouse. I was there in 1996 at the Sava river and trust me it would not have stopped without massive American intervention. They hated each other and they still do. Would the revolution have worked in Libya without the support of American airpower and later our allies in NATO? Why do you think that NATO ever worked?

Germans make me laugh because they complain about our military being in their country and about American policy when they are the ones that have benefitted the most from our military in the last 70 years. The American military rebuilt Germany and Japan after WWII at significant cost to our own economy. Why do you think we suffered through a huge recession in the early 1950's. The Marshall Plan almost bankrupted our country. Both countries were completed devastated by that war, and are now economic powers in their regions. The rest of the world was left to rebuild themselves and they lagged behind those two countries for decades. Look at what happened to Eastern Europe without that overbloated military. When the wall came down unemployment in the former East Germany was over 20% because they were under Soviet rule for all those years. If you want to complain about the American military and you are German, you should start every conversation with, "Thank you for the billions of dollars and seventy years of uninterrupted peace you have contributed to our country."

There is only one effective tool in world politics and that is power or more correctly the threat of power.

First off, I'm American, not German. Secondly, I only mentioned the military as one incredibly expensive cost among others - which has to be paid for somehow, because I had a hunch about the political orientazion of the post referring to "greedy government". Thirdly, I don't entirely disagree with you, though you are oversimplifying*. The world does not revolve around America to the extent you seem to assume. And fourthly this is way off topic, politics having no place in an RC forum, so mods please feel free to erase all these posts which touch on it, including mine.

*. You're also wrong about unemployment in the former East Germany. Unemployment was so high because West German companies came in and bought up previously state run enterprises, and shut them down to eliminate competition. Not saying those jobs were viable in a true market economy, but there was never %20 unemployment before the wall came down.

Last edited by Herrsavage; 05-03-2013 at 07:31 AM.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:52 AM
Tech Champion

The military is a portion of our spending. It's not that bad. And the military is the only chunk of our taxes that is actually getting the job done well. If you want to have the best warships and the best airplanes incase a war within the next 100 years happens...........then you have to continue building ships and planes. That costs $$$. 10% of the military budget is rust prevention. Seriously.

If you want to be good at building cars, you have to build cars. Really simple isn't it.

The gov. pissed away how much $$$ bailing out the banks. Who did that help? Noone I know. Why blame the .mil? They're the only ones actually doing something good with the tax money they're allowed.

We're overtaxed. Period. But go after wasted money on Wellfare and Education. Leave the military alone. They're not as well funded as you think.

Greece, Spain? Europe? Bwahahahahah. Awww, did someone take away thier silver spoon. Poor babies. Guess they'll have to find/create some work like regular people now. I don't feel sorry for them at all. You reap what you sow. And we all get to suffer our countries past mistakes. You can't keep cheating, your bills catch up with ya eventually.

As long as racers here are willing to pay extra for a fancy name, fancy names will continue to charge extra. Deal with it.

Last edited by Zerodefect; 05-03-2013 at 07:03 AM.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Big Gov = Big Tax

tadaa.....
Old 05-03-2013, 07:35 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Limywidget
Big Gov = Big Tax

tadaa.....

+1. But higher taxes is what everyone voted for??? I know he promised lower taxes.....but noone believed that did they?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.