Noob Question

Old 03-15-2013, 08:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Exclamation Noob Question

When i was younger, my dad bought 2 Duratrax nitro evader st s. I've started running them now, and figured out (brought them to the local hobby shop) that the piston and sleeve are bad in both engines. I guess this is because I have a sandy backyard where they were usually run. Duratrax (or whatever company made them) no longer makes piston and sleeve replacements. The cheapest motor the guy had in the hobby shop to replace the ones in my cars was like $110. I decided to find a cheaper replacement online. Would this be a suitable replacement: www [dot] nitrorcx [dot] com/nigasenfortr.html ? If so, do I have to replace the exhaust manifold and pipe? Or will they work with the new motor? Also, I'm selling the old engines for parts if anyone is interested.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shermanhartman
When i was younger, my dad bought 2 Duratrax nitro evader st s. I've started running them now, and figured out (brought them to the local hobby shop) that the piston and sleeve are bad in both engines. I guess this is because I have a sandy backyard where they were usually run. Duratrax (or whatever company made them) no longer makes piston and sleeve replacements. The cheapest motor the guy had in the hobby shop to replace the ones in my cars was like $110. I decided to find a cheaper replacement online. Would this be a suitable replacement: www [dot] nitrorcx [dot] com/nigasenfortr.html ? If so, do I have to replace the exhaust manifold and pipe? Or will they work with the new motor? Also, I'm selling the old engines for parts if anyone is interested.
NO!! anyone that buys their crap ends up buying from someplace else after they get their shipment and find out you just bought junk dont do it you wont be happy. if it sounds to good to be true it probably is. keep looking find someplace else to buy from. most of nitrorcx stuff is junk if not all of it. engines wont hold a tune and develope air leaks shortly after you buy them and they wont answer any reply for defective products.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:06 AM
Tech Adept

+100 Dont buy that crap!!!..What is your budget?..Im guessing the dx eva came with a .15 or .18 if you look on ebay you can find deals..hear's one,atleast it from a name brand..http://www.ebay.com/itm/Associated-1...item35c4df834f http://www.ebay.com/itm/HPI-Nitro-En...item19d91db2d7
Old 03-16-2013, 10:30 AM
Tech Rookie

ok. didnt know that. Thanks. And right now, i have no budget becasue i just learned about 2 hours ago that someone got my debit card info and overdrafted by checking account by like 120 bucks. so once that all gets straigened out ill see. But i had like 60 bucks. ill wait and save up for a better engine. it came with a .18. But do i heave to replace the exhaust system or will it still work? Ive never replaced an entire engine so i hae no idea what im doing.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:40 AM
Tech Adept

Suck's when some scum steals your info,i had it happen a few times.Your bank will make it right...The exhaust,is it side or rear.Reason asking you cant run rear header on side exhaust and vice versa..Can you snap a photo and we would be able to tell u 123,if u have probs w/photo just pm me and ill post if for u..
Old 03-16-2013, 11:25 AM
Tech Rookie

i guess it's rear. cant upload the pitures though, it keeps failing.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:37 PM
Tech Addict

i guess it's rear. cant upload the pitures though, it keeps failing.
you have to have 10 post to be able to post pictures. hope you get your bank card sorted out too i hate people who take what isnt theirs or put viruses on computers or like they used to hijack your homepage and send you to someplace you never heard of and it was almost impossible to get rid of. but there are many engines that will be good for you under $100 when your ready but just ask here first so you dont get screwed by some undesirable low life scum bag only after your money then they disappear good luck your on the right track though
Old 03-16-2013, 02:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

yup found out the hard way on that one!!!!!!!!! Don't USE THEM
Old 03-16-2013, 02:46 PM
Tech Addict

why not just send both in to rw mods and get them pinched if all that is wrong with them is they are worn out from running as long as there isnt big scratches in the sleeves rex can make them like new for $15 each if you send him the complete engine he will check your crank for wear and bearings and if all they need is a pinch your good to go for $30 bucks. id at least consider that first, the most you would be out is of course the cost of shipping both ways but you could be back running if all they need is pinched that is good for 5-8 gallons depending on a few things like tune and keeping filters cleaned etc.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:18 PM
Tech Rookie

@dooug1960 can you send me a link to that so i can look into it?
Old 03-16-2013, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

@dooug1960 can you send me a link to that so i can look into it?
Here ya go... good luck

http://www.rctech.net/forum/offroad-...ebuilding.html
Old 03-16-2013, 03:38 PM
Tech Rookie

ok. cool thanks. Ill save the page untill im able to take the engine apart. Left wrist is broken right now. lol.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:30 PM
Tech Adept

Do not buy it for he love of god I got a 1/10 rtr buggy for like a 100 dollars it took about 1000 pulls to get the engine strated and it usually flamed out plus their barely even move the car they're so slow don't buy you will be giving yourself even more problems