Community
Wiki Posts
Search

does anyone race traxxas?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 07:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Default does anyone race traxxas?

i have been watching alot of vids of pro nitrocross (i think thats what its called) and most of the nitro buggies and trucks seem to be losi or some other brand other than traxxas. and there seems to be more classes with 1/8 scale than 1/10. i have an old traxxas rustler, jato 3.3, and a slash vxl but im wondering if i should have bought a different brand. i like traxxas but what class would i enter with any of them.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

The slash is 10th scale so you can actually race that. Matter of fact there is a guy out here that races the slash and he can hang with the best of them. The jato is more of a on road for fun car. The rustler you can probably race it with 10th scale buggy if they let you.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:29 PM
Tech Champion

Traxxas does not do 8th scale racing. If you want to get seriously into RC, you kind of need to abandon Traxxas. Traxxas is overpriced, selling shiny, superficially good looking RTR's to newbs, which actually need a bunch of hopups to be made tough. Money pits...

In 8th scale racing it's Losi, Mugen, Associated, Kyosho, X-ray, JQ, Sworkz, Intech, Hot Bodies, Agama, Team C, etc....
Old 03-05-2013, 07:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
Traxxas does not do 8th scale racing. If you want to get seriously into RC, you kind of need to abandon Traxxas. Traxxas is overpriced, selling shiny, superficially good looking RTR's to newbs, which actually need a bunch of hopups to be made tough. Money pits...

In 8th scale racing it's Losi, Mugen, Associated, Kyosho, X-ray, JQ, Sworkz, Intech, Hot Bodies, Agama, Team C, etc....
ok so if i want to start racing il start with the short course and if i like it can i just put my 3.3 engine and electronics into a different chassis for cheaper than buying a whole new car? if i can where do i get it and can i even enter any races with a 3.3cc engine?
Old 03-05-2013, 08:33 AM
Tech Champion

If you want to race nitro you should really try to get into 8th scale buggy.. That is pretty much where it's at...
Old 03-05-2013, 09:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
If you want to race nitro you should really try to get into 8th scale buggy.. That is pretty much where it's at...
what are the different classes for nitro?
Old 03-05-2013, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 14tylbow
ok so if i want to start racing il start with the short course and if i like it can i just put my 3.3 engine and electronics into a different chassis for cheaper than buying a whole new car? if i can where do i get it and can i even enter any races with a 3.3cc engine?
The only organized racing class that you'll be likely to find is for the Slash vxl.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

First off, find the local clubs and tracks you're willing to travel to within your area. Then see what classes are popular for your region (nitro or electric, Short course or 1/8 buggy?). What's trending in my area might not have a single participant in your area. As a first timer buy accordingly to what is trending for your area.

Last edited by nv529; 03-05-2013 at 12:26 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Take your Slash to your local track. They will find a class for ya. Get your feet wet. And ask a lot of questions of the local guys. We are for the most part a friendly bunch. And all know that the more the merrier for our addiction of choice

I cant drive my son's Slash worth a dam. But I can scoot in my 4wd buggy. The two wheel stuff can be tricky. So dont get discouraged.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:16 PM
Tech Rookie

i just found a local forum and it said that you i can enter my jato in the sportsman nitro class and i can also race the slash. i looked at the schedual for 2013 and it looked like there was only 1 race a month! is that normal? i have done motocross for along time and there was a race every weekend from like may to october i think. o and apparently there are 2 classes for 1/8 nitro
Old 03-05-2013, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 14tylbow
i just found a local forum and it said that you i can enter my jato in the sportsman nitro class and i can also race the slash. i looked at the schedual for 2013 and it looked like there was only 1 race a month! is that normal? i have done motocross for along time and there was a race every weekend from like may to october i think. o and apparently there are 2 classes for 1/8 nitro
every track/club is different some places may run 1-2 a month and others may run 2 times every week..
Old 03-05-2013, 01:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

That is probably Sportsman buggy. You will get ass handed to you in that class with a Jato. You are better off running the Slash. See if you like it. You will. Especially since you are a MXer like me. Then sell everything you got and build you a bad ass buggy. Lots of MXers are into nitro buggies. I bought a motor off of Allessi(Mike or Jeff?) a few years back. And ex factory racer Larry Ward is a regular at our tracks. Where are you?
Old 03-05-2013, 01:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by JonnyW
That is probably Sportsman buggy. You will get ass handed to you in that class with a Jato. You are better off running the Slash. See if you like it. You will. Especially since you are a MXer like me. Then sell everything you got and build you a bad ass buggy. Lots of MXers are into nitro buggies. I bought a motor off of Allessi(Mike or Jeff?) a few years back. And ex factory racer Larry Ward is a regular at our tracks. Where are you?
i live in andover mn. and i tried to quit mx because of a bad concussion at little falls and i was goona start racin rc cars and go fishing but i havent rode in almost 2 yrs and i cant take it anymore. i need to ride its really addicting but i cant do anything right now. we have like a foot and a half of snow right now and i cant ride or practice the rc cars now. and im not very good at ice fishin
Old 03-05-2013, 04:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Slash is about it...unless your local track is still running a monster truck class. If thats the case then you can trick out your revo and run that.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The only car traxxas makes that people race really anymore is the slash short course truck, if u can find a indoor track u might find a class for the rustler but sct took over stadium truck. I asked the traxxas reps if they were ever gonna make a real race rc they said know they market to the begginers and basher crowd. The revo used to be big when monster truck racing was popular but now people race truggy. Sell ur rustler and jato look for a quality race brand that ur local hobby store carries that way u can get parts, see what everyone around u is racin and join that class.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.