Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 10:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (98%+)

An mbx7 and lutz engine
Old 02-15-2013, 10:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Been paying in taxes since 2005 and with obumm in office it isn't going to get any better . I should get a refund on the F16's and the M1A1 that that got sent to Egypt/AKA the muslin brotherhood , but don't see that HAPPENING
Old 02-16-2013, 04:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cyberacer
Tax refunds are for schmucks. Who in their right mind loans out money for free?

I read every post in this thread and this^^ is the only guy that gets it For those of you that have to pay at the end of the year, good for you too!

For those of you that got a refund shame on you! You gave the government money ALL YEAR LONG for free. Did you get interest back on your refunds? NO!
Old 02-16-2013, 07:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kane-o
So you are implying that anyone in the US who makes less than 250k a year you are burdened by and responsible for? A very short-sighted view and why I am happy to be in Canada.

The funny thing is that there is a direct correlation between taxes and satisfaction. Those countries where taxes are upwards of 60 percent have very happy residents thanks to excellent social programs, universal health care, etc.

To each there own I guess.

-Kane
Its different down here. You guys actually enforce immigration laws. And dont have whole classes of people sitting on thier asses watching Judge Judy. And not taking advantage of the opportunities to better themselves. Thats how you guys make it work up there. We have way too many sorry a$$ do nothing low lifes. The guys down South that cross our border illegally work hard. But they put nothing into our system. They just drain our health care systems. My wife is nurse in labor and delivery. When we lived in GA 70% of deliveries were illegals. And by law everyone had to have a car seat, formula,diapers and blankets. If they could not afford it. Which was just about all of em. But I agree with you about Kano. I dont know how a guy with that mind set can live in Cali. Thats the last place I would be. MY wife is from Cali. I dont even like going there to visit her family.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:15 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by got_nitro
I read every post in this thread and this^^ is the only guy that gets it For those of you that have to pay at the end of the year, good for you too!

For those of you that got a refund shame on you! You gave the government money ALL YEAR LONG for free. Did you get interest back on your refunds? NO!
True, but depending on how your income is based(heavy commission vs salary) it may be smarter to have heavy tax deductions.....and still be able to make all your financial contributions to retirement, education and savings plans.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ha, I thought the 1% guy was trying to be funny

Rest assured, we have PLENTY of welfare bums (not implying that anybody who has benefited from the welfare system is a bum, only those who abuse it) and groups of people who don't contribute much to society.

If it wasn't for my in-laws living 5 minutes away and how big a part of my kids lives they are i'd be moving to Houston in a heart beat. I'd make more money, pay less taxes, and the housing market is like 50% the cost of here Best of all though you guys can keep your tracks open year round
Old 02-16-2013, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hookem34
True, but depending on how your income is based(heavy commission vs salary) it may be smarter to have heavy tax deductions.....and still be able to make all your financial contributions to retirement, education and savings plans.
I'm not going to get into a financial debate (even though this is one of my lines of work) but how does what you have posted make any sense? Commission or salary you still get taxes taken out, why let the government make interest off your dollar? You could be making the interest off your own money. Whatever though, it's your money not mine..
Old 02-16-2013, 09:09 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

2013 Ford Raptor S-CREW
Old 02-16-2013, 09:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Yep, broke even this year as I did last year and the year before. I owe the State a tiny bit and the Fed owes me a tiny bit. For fun I put money in a hole in the backyard on a bi-weekly basis so that I can feel included when tax season rolls around LOL. I get my "refund" and I have the added benefit of not having earned any interest on that money...

I would like to invite any non-US citizens to come spend six months touring our most heavily government subsidized neighborhoods before giving their opinion on our taxes, citizens and government.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sschultz
Why cry about it? She works, I work. She has hobbies, I have hobbies. I like boobies, she likes boobies....the way I see it it's a win/win all the way around
Old 02-16-2013, 01:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hustler777
Why cry about it? She works, I work. She has hobbies, I have hobbies. I like boobies, she likes boobies....the way I see it it's a win/win all the way around
I figured you were paying for your daughters wedding.
Good luck!
Old 02-16-2013, 01:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Im buying ammunition.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RcRacer37E
Im buying ammunition.
Good man!
Old 02-16-2013, 02:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by got_nitro
Good man!
If you can find it.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:52 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I'm 24 and one of thoea guys who paid in tons of taxes all year. But at the start of the year I decided to have a run in with the back of a stopped transfer truck on the side of the road because I had fallen asleep. I'm sure many I you may disagree with what I am about to say but I am excited to get my tax return seeing as I just come home from the hospital last weekend and since I won't be able to walk for the next year or so it will give me a little money to work on my rc cars and go to tracks that are handicap friendly/wheel chair ramps to the drivers stand. So in some since my tax return gives me the freedom that I wouldn't have because my workmans comp pays the bills.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.