Wiki Posts
Search

best 1/8 buggy shocks?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 04:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dooug1960
kyosho shocks were the best maybe but they arent the best anymore the NEW SHOCKS from csi will be the best shock out there as soon as they are released. they are pretty awesome in design and made in the USA. they are going to be the best very soon and at $250 a set they better be good
until such a time... Kyosho shocks will always be the best .. because every car used them at on point to test the car they were driving... that being said HB shocks are very good also.. just not as long as the others out there so they weren't widely used... Now on the D812.. i'm sure those shock will be the same quality..

again.. its not out.. so far its only hype.. so we will wait and see...
Old 04-01-2013, 04:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kgombe
until such a time... Kyosho shocks will always be the best .. because every car used them at on point to test the car they were driving... that being said HB shocks are very good also.. just not as long as the others out there so they weren't widely used... Now on the D812.. i'm sure those shock will be the same quality..

again.. its not out.. so far its only hype.. so we will wait and see...
im sure you said something in this post im just not sure what
Old 04-01-2013, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dooug1960
im sure you said something in this post im just not sure what
pretty much the same for your post... im just saying
Old 04-01-2013, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Kyosho shocks are definetly not the best. They work great until you get dirt in them which is inevitable. Once dirt enters, it starts to scrape the coating off the inside and they definetly do not move as smooth as they did. I have tried AE shocks, Kyosho TKI3, Hotbodies, Xray 808, Xray XB9, Serpent. I will have to say Serpent and Associated are the best, Xray XB9 3rd, Kyosho maybe 4th until they get dirty.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:02 PM
Tech Elite

yup .. thats why the AE boys were using them... because the shocks they had were waaay better.. they just wanted to give the competition a chance..
Old 04-01-2013, 05:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kgombe
pretty much the same for your post... im just saying
Sorry Gumbe not quite the same at least you could understand mine unlike yours that didnt say anything. kyosho shocks arent the best some may use them that doesnt mean they are the best. The new ones from csi will be an awesome alternative for those that are looking for a better shock and they may end up being the best i guess time will tell.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:31 PM
Tech Master

imo the best shock available for a car is the ones that work best on the car they were designed for….and as far as i know…the kyosho ones have to be very good since MOST of the other brands team drivers have/still run them at some stage on their cars. That said..i have not in recent times seen anything but mugen shocks an a mugen team drivers car, nor have i read of anyone in the mugen thread running k-shocks on a mugen. So in that case ill say the mugen shocks work bets on the mugen. But yes, the K-shocks apparently work best on the Kyosho, and everything else that used to be driven by an ex kyosho driver lol…except mugen hehe
Old 04-01-2013, 10:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Pulse_
I'm thinking of moving to kyosho light blue springs but my shocks use 75mm long springs all around where the kyosho uses 70mm in the front and 84mm in the rear.

I could use front springs in the rear of my JQ but I'm wondering if it will make any difference in handling compared to a 84mm spring..
I use the short Kyosho buggy springs all round on my JQ, been running the light blues on the rear and the light greens on the front, work a treat.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:04 AM
Tech Champion

I installed some DNX408 shocks I had left on the JQ and the difference is massive on high speed bumpy corners. It makes the car smoother overall and gentles the steering also. I'll do some comparison test with stock shocks and csi pistons
Old 05-16-2013, 12:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

The Kyosho shocks are used by many top name drivers on other cars simply because they're shocks that they're familiar with - spring options, oil weights, pistons, etc.