Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Its replaying on live rc.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Im done even caring about these 1/8 world events after this one, i can see taking 2 years in between world events to test stuff at all kinds of races, but to show up at a world event with custom cars drivers have had limited time to drive and frankenbuggies and all that jazz is just rediculous. Take the 2 YEARS( thats a long time) to test race R&D build prototype what have you, and show up to a world event with a car that the driver has been racing for 2 years is very comfortable with, and has become the best driver/car combo you can get. Then do battle at a world event. I feel ripped off.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Mugen Mbx7 World Champion only only one to do 76 laps
Old 12-08-2012, 09:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Durocken
Im done even caring about these 1/8 world events after this one, i can see taking 2 years in between world events to test stuff at all kinds of races, but to show up at a world event with custom cars drivers have had limited time to drive and frankenbuggies and all that jazz is just rediculous. Take the 2 YEARS( thats a long time) to test race R&D build prototype what have you, and show up to a world event with a car that the driver has been racing for 2 years is very comfortable with, and has become the best driver/car combo you can get. Then do battle at a world event. I feel ripped off.
Honestly you seem to be the only one whinging and feeling ripped off.....

And with little amount of posts on rctech I am sure you have been around racing for alot of years...
All I can say is they are testing cars ALL the time at the elite level so dont think for one minute their not.... And no matter what anyone says we as the non pro level guys will never know what they are running and what config. I personally know 2 aussie guys that are at the top of the femca block and trust me they are always working hard to run at that level always working with the manufacturers to be at the top of their game all the time....
Mark Pavidis wasnt over at the worlds to win but yet his car is mostly prototype and still has a TLR badge on it cause he is 100% testing for TLR but yet his is a old fart at the top level and can still make the semi's at world level.

Sorry but I think you need to re think what you are talking about.

Regards
Fordy
Old 12-08-2012, 11:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

can't believe the length some people go to defend a company that did not deliver. If you boss doesnt pay you on payday because he says he hasn't gotten paid, are you OK with that? Waiting to get the fiber optic installed on the first day of practice is ridiculous. Especially because as mentioned, everyone knows the country the event is being held on is corrupt. Connectivity should have been installed and tested for speeds many days before they started offering a service they had no idea could be delivered or not. Trust me, its not a big huge production to stream live... no editing, no cutting, no anything. Just plug and go. Refunds are in order.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The issue I have is that it seemed priority was not given for people who invested more money into the All Access Pass. As an example, my Dad, a bonus lap member, had no problem logging into the system. Meanwhile me, an All Access Pass member, couldn't log on for about 45 minutes, and missed the quarterfinals completely.

I believe more priority should be given to those who have paid the most. There must be some way to distinguish between members at the point of logging into the system (the live video feeds). Also, not sure if this was done or not, but on main day, sorry, but no free viewers, no queue. You've had plenty of time to sample the service, and perhaps booting off all the free-loaders would free up some bandwidth for those who paid (bonus lap and AAP members).

I'm not going to get into the whole "whose fault is it" game, it's a chicken and the egg argument that goes nowhere. It was just a disappointing experience for me is all, and this isn't my first AAP event. Others have been good, I would say 8-9/10 for the most part, but this one was a 4/10.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AZRC4Me
The issue I have is that it seemed priority was not given for people who invested more money into the All Access Pass. As an example, my Dad, a bonus lap member, had no problem logging into the system. Meanwhile me, an All Access Pass member, couldn't log on for about 45 minutes, and missed the quarterfinals completely.

I believe more priority should be given to those who have paid the most. There must be some way to distinguish between members at the point of logging into the system (the live video feeds). Also, not sure if this was done or not, but on main day, sorry, but no free viewers, no queue. You've had plenty of time to sample the service, and perhaps booting off all the free-loaders would free up some bandwidth for those who paid (bonus lap and AAP members).

I'm not going to get into the whole "whose fault is it" game, it's a chicken and the egg argument that goes nowhere. It was just a disappointing experience for me is all, and this isn't my first AAP event. Others have been good, I would say 8-9/10 for the most part, but this one was a 4/10.
I agree we used to get priority, what the new system did seemed to give people a good insight into the service and yes, it wasnt as good as previous events, Argentina did have a LOT to do with the disruption.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by loadsled
can't believe the length some people go to defend a company that did not deliver. If you boss doesnt pay you on payday because he says he hasn't gotten paid, are you OK with that? Waiting to get the fiber optic installed on the first day of practice is ridiculous. Especially because as mentioned, everyone knows the country the event is being held on is corrupt. Connectivity should have been installed and tested for speeds many days before they started offering a service they had no idea could be delivered or not. Trust me, its not a big huge production to stream live... no editing, no cutting, no anything. Just plug and go. Refunds are in order.
If your boss offered you a job that only paid for your fuel and completely depended on your own marketing and performance, you wouldnt even turn up to work, so how about considering that before you use an absurd analogy. You are so wrong about the systems required to do what LiveRC does, it's not worth replying. Next time you are at your local track, give it a go and see how far you get. Hope you can get past finding a composite RCA cable long enough to carry a handycam signal across the width of a large track and then switch it.

Anyone else care to demonstrate such ignorance, bring it on!

PS: The egg came first, the animal that laid it wasn't a chicken, just ask Darwin!
Old 12-09-2012, 03:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blis
If your boss offered you a job that only paid for your fuel and completely depended on your own marketing and performance, you wouldnt even turn up to work, so how about considering that before you use an absurd analogy. You are so wrong about the systems required to do what LiveRC does, it's not worth replying. Next time you are at your local track, give it a go and see how far you get. Hope you can get past finding a composite RCA cable long enough to carry a handycam signal across the width of a large track and then switch it.

Anyone else care to demonstrate such ignorance, bring it on!

PS: The egg came first, the animal that laid it wasn't a chicken, just ask Darwin!

Why don't you donate more money then?
Old 12-09-2012, 04:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by LightningStruck
Why don't you donate more money then?
I bought a T-Shirt as well.. I have three now, one for each event Ive watched, and if one asks nicely you'd realise how much they (the boss) respects their audience and want to make it as good as it gets and they asked Atsushi Hara to sign one for my son... GOLD!

What you may not quite understand is that they are feeling GUTTED at LiveRC, all their hard work and planning shot down in flames by arrogant anti-empathetic people. The media industry is entertainment driven, it doesnt matter who you are, your enjoyment really matters to them, it's what drives them and it's taken to heart, because they put their hearts into it.

So rather than justify it, perhaps I should ask you nicely to give them the benefit of doubt, and give them some slack this time for what was a tough event to broadcast.

k?
Old 12-09-2012, 04:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Blis dont waste your time mate... Ppl wont and will not listen to someone with experience cause they think they know all by paying for a service and not getting it.. No matter what the issues that happened consumers will always whinge.

Live Rc did all they could and we got to see more than half of the racing all week so I was happy.... As for the internet it wouldnt surprise me if some of these clowns that are whinging have the worst internet connection and blaming it on everyone else cause their to tight to get a decent connection and no matter what Live Rc did they still wouldnt have got a great veiw and feed anyways

Regards
Fordy
Old 12-09-2012, 04:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jjfo80
Blis dont waste your time mate... Ppl wont and will not listen to someone with experience cause they think they know all by paying for a service and not getting it.. No matter what the issues that happened consumers will always whinge.

Live Rc did all they could and we got to see more than half of the racing all week so I was happy.... As for the internet it wouldnt surprise me if some of these clowns that are whinging have the worst internet connection and blaming it on everyone else cause their to tight to get a decent connection and no matter what Live Rc did they still wouldnt have got a great veiw and feed anyways

Regards
Fordy

Fordy, I had blast knowing some fellow Aussies were enjoying the event together, really enjoyed your company, even if we scrambled for a decent stream. I think we watched enough of the broadcast to appreciate how difficult it was for the crew, I believe we were treated with ample footage to get into the WC vibe and Im sure you and I both did a LOT of yawning!

Look forward to catching up some time, and hope the Toowoomba track gathers a lot of enthusiasm. Have you setup a thread in Australian Racing for the club?
Old 12-09-2012, 05:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jjfo80
Honestly you seem to be the only one whinging and feeling ripped off.....

And with little amount of posts on rctech I am sure you have been around racing for alot of years...
All I can say is they are testing cars ALL the time at the elite level so dont think for one minute their not.... And no matter what anyone says we as the non pro level guys will never know what they are running and what config. I personally know 2 aussie guys that are at the top of the femca block and trust me they are always working hard to run at that level always working with the manufacturers to be at the top of their game all the time....
Mark Pavidis wasnt over at the worlds to win but yet his car is mostly prototype and still has a TLR badge on it cause he is 100% testing for TLR but yet his is a old fart at the top level and can still make the semi's at world level.

Sorry but I think you need to re think what you are talking about.

Regards
Fordy

Oh im sorry my bad i forgot that the amount of post on this forum is directly related to how long you have been in this hobby. Oh wait heres my stupid laughing face idiot

They should be prepared before they get there not testing at a world event nuf said.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Durocken
They should be prepared before they get there not testing at a world event nuf said.
Obviously, the factories don't agree with you. But what do they know.

For 53 posts, you sure are dropping alot of poop in multiple threads.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:21 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nitroexpress
Obviously, the factories don't agree with you. But what do they know.

For 53 posts, you sure are dropping alot of poop in multiple threads.
Uh oh another post total elitest heres my stupid laughing face for ya
How about being more concerned that teams are not showing up to a world event with the best possible driver/car combo that can be had. Then thinking my post total has to do with my actual point get off your high horse. How many times have you seen kyosho parts on "the ryans" associated cars before the worlds? None. Not even at the pre worlds. That means they were somewhat unsure how these parts were gonna perform at the worlds = testing. Testing at a world level event imo is just plain stupid, and im entitled to my opinion because i just like all of you pay hard earned money on these cars. Cant wait till you have an opinion on this forum so i can call it poop like an F'n 4 year old.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.