Wiki Posts
Search

TQ Racing SX8

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 07:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default TQ Racing SX8

The TQ SX8 is set for public release later this month . Here is their press release .

"We at TQ Racing are proud to release the Supercross 8 Buggy ("SX8") which was designed and developed for the racer at heart, but affordable for any hobbyist looking to get into 8th scale Off-road racing. We have made the SX8 for the working man’s budget, but we have spared no expense in using the best materials needed to produce this buggy.

The SX8 was designed around a proven winning platform in this new evolving market of highly competitive 8th scale Buggies. We have spent many hours of R&D with the SX8. We have tested on all types of surfaces from blown out dust pits to blue groove tracks, and we are confident the SX8 will be one of the most competitive 8th scale Buggies on the market.

• High performance CVD, featuring lightweight, dustproof and more efficient transmission.
• High quality CNC 5mm 7075 T6 Alum Front/Rear Shock Tower.
• Quick install and removal of center differential housing. Change your center diff in no time at all.
• Maximum suspension arm travel design for better handling on rough surfaces.
• Centralized engine position with 50:50 front and rear weight balance.
• 16mm Big Bore shocks that provide maximum traction.
• Built-in innovative servo power saving concept. "

I have attached some pics of my car that I just finished .

Last edited by vino1; 08-02-2016 at 05:45 AM.
Old 05-03-2008, 07:22 AM
Tech Regular

Here are some more pics of the car

Last edited by vino1; 08-02-2016 at 05:45 AM.
Old 05-03-2008, 07:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

when will it be available?
Old 05-03-2008, 08:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vino1
The TQ SX8 is set for public release later this month . Here is their press release .

"We at TQ Racing are proud to release the Supercross 8 Buggy ("SX8") which was designed and developed for the racer at heart, but affordable for any hobbyist looking to get into 8th scale Off-road racing. We have made the SX8 for the working man’s budget, but we have spared no expense in using the best materials needed to produce this buggy.
thats funny, LOL! ive had the buggy before "they" designed it, LOL!

but to add to what they said, it is an awesome buggy, very tough! tons of adjustments! easily competitive with any of the other top brand buggies!
Old 05-03-2008, 10:29 PM
Tech Regular

The car is scheduled to come out later this month .
Old 05-03-2008, 10:39 PM
Tech Adept

I saw one today didnt look bad.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:30 PM
Tech Regular

Is chassis milled or standard in photos????
Old 05-04-2008, 07:08 AM
Tech Regular

looks standard in photos, there are alot of visible milled spots in the lightened chassis... its a worthwhile upgrade to the lightened chassis, a good bit of weight saved!
Old 05-04-2008, 08:35 AM
Tech Regular

The lightweight chassis will come with the TQ SX8 .
Old 05-05-2008, 09:31 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I got my SX8 a few weeks ago, and i've got a smile from ear to ear! I'm really impressed with everything about the car! very well thought out design!
Old 05-05-2008, 09:55 AM
Tech Master

Default New car

Thanks Vino for getting the thread started,Danny you are correct we did not desighn this car and we have never claimed too.

We are partners with the factory in the same fashion as Ofna is with Hong Nor and Hobao.This gives us the ability to give some input on what we want the car to have for the Us Market.

We can also help with changes that will suit the car better if need be for Us tracks.The factory did a great job with this car and I am sure the more people that will try it will love it.

Our goal is to give is to give the racer a ROLLS ROYCE at a working mans price.

Thank You
Old 05-05-2008, 09:58 AM
Tech Master

Default Chassies

I am sorry the car will come with the milled chassies I will get some pictures of the chassies up asap.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

i have waited to see this car come out for sometime. any hint to its actual price?
Old 05-05-2008, 10:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Local racer
Thanks Vino for getting the thread started,Danny you are correct we did not desighn this car and we have never claimed too.

We are partners with the factory in the same fashion as Ofna is with Hong Nor and Hobao.This gives us the ability to give some input on what we want the car to have for the Us Market.

Oh yes, I understand yalls agreement and I applaud you for choosing this car and making it best suited for the US tracks! You've added every worthwhile upgrade there is to the car, it should make it one mean machine!

I just threw that out there to clear up some of the rumors going around that this was an all new design... But you and me both know that rumors will be a part of life forever, lol! I'm just glad to finally see someone bringing it here to the states! Radical tried and failed, and I don't know the whole story behind it, but they failed miserably... I heard it was just poor management, thatll do it every time, haha!

Good luck with it man, I look forward to seeing more of these around! It really is a great buggy! Now all you need to do is work with them on a truggy! :0
Old 05-05-2008, 10:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

I believe a Truggy is in the works...

Like Chris5759, I got mine a week ago and got her put together real quick! I was amazed at the quality of the car! My previous Buggy was an Xray so I grew used to amazing parts quality and what not but the SX8 was on par if not better then Xray! I just wish a track was open to go and run, I have 4 tracks within 1.5 hours of my house and none are finished yet!

Either way I cannot wait to hit the track!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.