Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Guesses on 8IGHT 3.0 features.

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 04:41 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

+1 on going metric vs. SAE hardware. I know it causes inconsistencies in their product lineup, but they've got to cut the cord at some point
Old 12-30-2012, 08:13 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by .AJ.
Another vote for getting rid of the slop.....
The Losi 5t appears better built than the other Losi's I've had. So it isn't a stretch to think that the 3.0 will have better materials.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

What is the problem here. I hear about bad plastic, weak ball ends, crappy aluminum......

I got my 2.0 a month after they came out and just sold the same one in November. It has gone thru 2 chassis, new arms twice a year, and little misc pieces from time to time. It had the original diffs including ring and pinions, shocks, c-hubs and screws, nuts, and washers.

I had my son learning on this car. He hit everything. And I mean everything, Even the Pace Car For those 2 years, he never DNF'ed from broken parts. I watched the local hot shoes break sitting on the starter box. Losi has built one of THE most durrable cars out there because of their plastics and designs.

The slop everyone is talking about, is cured easily. Take care of your car, replace parts when the get worn out or leave it on the shelf after you build it.

All the other stuff like the Gen 3 tray, 12* spindles, LRC Holders, were all tunning OPTIONS. They, again, didnt come out untill long after the buggy was out.

Things change quickly in racing. Its about people and companies trying to get that little advantage over everyone else. Thats how you dominate. Being better than everyone else and getting something figured out that nobody can.

99% of the time, something breaks because the owner/mechanic didnt look at it or put it together wrong.

I say, release the 3.0 with what is proven to work. Dont try and re-invent the wheel. Dont slap a bunch of pretty shiney new parts and call it a day.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jerm13
99% of the time, something breaks because the owner/mechanic didnt look at it or put it together wrong.

This explains 99% of the rctech trolls.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jerm13
What is the problem here. I hear about bad plastic, weak ball ends, crappy aluminum......

I got my 2.0 a month after they came out and just sold the same one in November. It has gone thru 2 chassis, new arms twice a year, and little misc pieces from time to time. It had the original diffs including ring and pinions, shocks, c-hubs and screws, nuts, and washers.

I had my son learning on this car. He hit everything. And I mean everything, Even the Pace Car For those 2 years, he never DNF'ed from broken parts. I watched the local hot shoes break sitting on the starter box. Losi has built one of THE most durrable cars out there because of their plastics and designs.

The slop everyone is talking about, is cured easily. Take care of your car, replace parts when the get worn out or leave it on the shelf after you build it.

All the other stuff like the Gen 3 tray, 12* spindles, LRC Holders, were all tunning OPTIONS. They, again, didnt come out untill long after the buggy was out.

Things change quickly in racing. Its about people and companies trying to get that little advantage over everyone else. Thats how you dominate. Being better than everyone else and getting something figured out that nobody can.

I say, release the 3.0 with what is proven to work. Dont try and re-invent the wheel. Dont slap a bunch of pretty shiney new parts and call it a day.
I take care of my car like Hendricks motorsports takes care of their cars. I tear everything down after every race and if it needs replaced, I replace it. I have enough spares to start a losi 8ight hobby shop lol. The day I bought my 8ight I was kind of regretful because of the amount of slop it had from the get go, but being a losi guy from years ago, I stayed with it. I shimmed the living hell out of the hubs to get rid of the slop and the car drove like someone gave Ray Charles a drivers license. So obviously this car was designed to have it.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LosiPRRACER
[/U][/B]

Says the guy driving a Moogen
Old 12-30-2012, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

[/U][/B]

Can't finish a race....if that....mooogen....tanks leaking...and its from the new 7 model...what a shame...
Old 12-30-2012, 07:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

shame i drive a 6R...
Old 12-30-2012, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

shame i drive a 6R...
GOOD THING HA!....just busting your chops! Damned troll!
Old 12-30-2012, 07:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by kaptain crash
GOOD THING HA!....just busting your chops! Damned troll!
I held off getting the x7 as knew there would be some problem as normal with new kits...
Old 12-30-2012, 07:41 PM
Tech Master

I held off getting the x7 as knew there would be some problem as normal with new kits...
Yeah losi still has problems...but we love our sloppy rides...no ...drives like a on road car here. Just point a shoot!
Old 12-30-2012, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Old 12-30-2012, 08:38 PM
Tech Regular

Guys you have to give some it some thought here, we all race these little cars on dirt and when everything fits snug as a bug and the dirt gets is you will start to have binding issues. Heck even the losi with all of the slop starts to get some resistance in the suspension during the race day. check the ride height at the start of the day after a good cleaning and during the day and you always have to continue to adjust it all because it continues to get lower. Set your camber at the maximum outward movement on each corner and you will be fine. As for the plastic I would rather have softer to allow flex instead of breaking. I would like to see the 3.0 have more down travel, better springs maybe bigger bore shocks, inclined front end in plastic with caster options in the box, adjustable antisquat rear toe standard, and rear roll center adjustment up and down along with in and out on the rr tower. The 8ight platform is awsome just needs a little updating.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Give it Time!!

Seen an outdated,uncompetitive TLR8 2.0 lay the smack down on a new X7 this weekend!

We race with dynamiteracer and we both have seen some of the test cars. What we have seen so far is better. TLR is not gonna pull an Associated and release either a new or updated car just so we can bolt almost 100% Kyosho parts on it to try and be competitive!! I will wait patiently and Tyler and Collin and others will continue to win with a sloppy car!

Good things come to those who wait!!!
Old 01-04-2013, 05:04 PM
Tech Adept

I think losi is a great car and adam drake was running new v3 shock towers at worlds and he was running 16mm shocks at least thats all I could see

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.