Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When to go from Sportsman to Pro???

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 03:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

If you are going to bump up, be prepared for a learning curve and increased intensity on the stand. If you are not on pace, you'll get more respect for courtesy on the track to the faster guys.

Its more annoying when there is a guy that is not on pace running Open/Pro, and they won't let you by when they should. They'll race a qualifier like they are racing for position, block lines instead of moving over, and use you for a brake in the next turn when you do get by. Those types do not get respect at the track and get a bad rep.

Also, there is no faster way to look incompetent at the track than to be a sorry marshal IMO.

When I'm off pace and getting lapped I talk to guys on the stand that are coming up behind me and tell then when I am swinging wide so they can go underneath. A little communication goes a long way on the stand.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:48 PM
Tech Prophet

I dont seem to have that issue i only move over to a leader
Old 09-30-2012, 01:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by afr0sch
If you are going to bump up, be prepared for a learning curve and increased intensity on the stand. If you are not on pace, you'll get more respect for courtesy on the track to the faster guys.

Its more annoying when there is a guy that is not on pace running Open/Pro, and they won't let you by when they should. They'll race a qualifier like they are racing for position, block lines instead of moving over, and use you for a brake in the next turn when you do get by. Those types do not get respect at the track and get a bad rep.

Also, there is no faster way to look incompetent at the track than to be a sorry marshal IMO.

When I'm off pace and getting lapped I talk to guys on the stand that are coming up behind me and tell then when I am swinging wide so they can go underneath. A little communication goes a long way on the stand.
+1
Old 09-30-2012, 01:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

For club racing there should not be a sportsman class unless you have over 20 entries in a class. There is nothing worse than signing up for expert or intermediate and having no one to race against because everyone is sitting in sportsman.

After about ten races you should be able to get the car around the track with no problem. Time to move up. Sportsmen or novice should be a way to learn how to drive with others on the track around you. That is it. After that you are sandbagging. I have only ever won once or twice at any race in any class. That is because I always run against the best competition that I can run with and not be in the way. I could sign up for novice and lap the field, but who cares? That just means that I am not man enough to admit that others are better than me.