team associated 1/8 rear hubs?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

team associated 1/8 rear hubs?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 12:50 PM
Tech Prophet

Its your money if you want to spend $68.00 on rear hubs thats your bussiness . Im just saying that there is aftermarket hubs that are cheaper and still have good quality for this truck.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:27 PM
Tech Prophet

Il take that back and just buy the Associated ones or the King Headz hubs you will have to file inside the bearing opening with the HOT Racing hubs im still trying to get them to feel smooth .
Old 09-04-2012, 03:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Normally I'd say go with the aftermarket and save some coin, I'm one of the first ones to buy aftermarket stuff to do my upgrades, but at the same time I'd stay away from integy. I remeber back in the early 2000's they were great, there parts were awesome, I ran NTC3's and there 7075 chassis was the one to have, by 2008ish that quailty was long gone. I bought a set ot titanium cvd's for my 18t from them in 2009 and snapped them in one night and that was racing on carpet with a stock motor and battery. early 2010 I got two sets of there aluminium shocks for the 18t's for my uncle and dad, mine already had the Associated threaded bodies, when I got them, the caps were so thin that while bleeding them it actually ripped the caps right open and peeled the top mount up like opening a can of cat food. Keepin mind these were aluminium, not plastic. Needless to say those went right back. I've heard of countless issues with there cheap castings, and bad machining. I'm not sure about HR, but I have all strc parts on my wraith and there kinda expensive, but I beat the snot out of the thing almost daily and havent broken anything yet.