Wiki Posts
Search

OFNA Starter box LOUD screech!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sickboy
trust me, just change the bearings. i know this from experience.
Yeah, you would know.

But he is right it's most likely going to be the bearings, eveyone cleans there car bearings because they get dirt and grim but no thinks that those bearings see the same amount of abuse when they get rubber, fuel and dirt and then you go weeks without blowing out the box every once in while.

My box still has the same guts in them and I only change the wheel and belt so often, and a good cleaning goes a long way and mine was one of the first boxes to come into the OFNA warehouse and went right to my desk. 4 plus years and still strong on 4s lipo. Oh and finaly changed a trigger.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Hmm

I had to take my muffler bearings apart and clean them really good. after that I degresed the pully, cleaned the motors, and re oiled the motor bushings. aligned the pully, and motors, and shimmed the muffler bearings.

This is the first thread I have read that said, "give me an answer, I am too lazy to figure it out on my own".
Old 10-27-2013, 08:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

One of my motors have a lot of resistance and slows down at one point. I removed it to see the shaft has some play compared to the other one? This is a relatively new box. The old Ofna one went fine for 3+ years.

I don't see a way to open the motors. Can this be serviced at all? Or replacement the only option?
Old 10-27-2013, 04:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcindia
I don't see a way to open the motors. Can this be serviced at all? Or replacement the only option?
They're sealed cans and the stator shaft spins on bushings in the housing.

Replacing is your only option if it's damaged.

Before replacing it I would get compressed air and try to blow it out real good, hit it with some cleaner/lubricant. I've had sand/dirt get into the motors before and cause them to feel gritty and grind (dirt falls off the chassis and down into the starter box) Maybe you'll get lucky and they just have crap in them that needs cleaned out.