Community
Wiki Posts
Search

losi eight t 2.0 race roller??

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 12:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Questions?? losi eight t 2.0 race roller??

Hey guys,

So I was going to buy me the mspec mbx6t but it does turn out there all gone. My dilemma about his whole thing is I don't want or have the time to build a kit, so I was looking into pre built race rollers and sense they stopped making the mbx6t my next option is the race roller losi eight t 2.0. But how does it compare to the mugen?? The honest truth none of this fan boy stuff please, I'm looking for something that is very nice and there is a hobby shop that has a race roller losi with some 21 engine for 700$$ and before I buy it I would like to know the honest truth..

Also to add if anyone knows of any other company that builds race rollers please let me know. Thank you all for the help. Looking forward in reading your guys input...

P.s what's the deference between the rtr and the race roller version?? Thanks again guys..
Old 06-06-2012, 03:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Race roller = Pre-assembled, or mostly pre-assembled, with no motor, batteries, receiver or servos. You add all of your preferred equipment.

RTR = Pre-built with everything needed to run. Comes with RTR motor, RTR servos, RTR radio system. I say RTR, because most ready-to-run equipment will not last nearly as long as aftermarket equipment you put into it yourself.

As for the losi 8ight-t, I have heard that its the best ready to run out there. JR servos and a decent engine along with a starter box and a great radio, it may be a good fit for you. I don't really like Losi though. Never liked the layout of the electronics and things like that. All truggies withing certain respects will handle great and be super durable. If I were you, I would look into the rc8t...but that's my fanboy speaking out. In all honesty, take a look at the Durango truggy or the serpent truggy. They both look super cool. They are both kits though, so you will have to build them.

Last edited by SureShotImages; 06-06-2012 at 04:15 AM.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

The losi comes as a kit that must be built, the stopped making the race roller a while back.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I've had both mugen and losi truggies and I prefer the losi. I am no fanboy since I have 3 mugen buggies but I just think the losi truggies handles/ is more nimble than all others. Since they are based off of the Losi 8ight buggy which we all know haves twitchy and snappy steering... this is great for a truggy....
Old 06-06-2012, 06:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quicks RC in Goodyear, AZ has a Losi 8T 2.0 Race Roller that they are selling with a Gen 3 tray. Give them a call they might make you a good deal.

623-217-2604
Old 06-06-2012, 06:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I've owned two 8T 2.0 rollers (an RTR and a Roller). Both were great.
The track I raced at were all Mugens so I've got a bit of wheel time on the 6T too.

All biases aside, I drive an STRR EVO now, I preferred the 8T over the moog. Steering was more exact and the truck felt more nimble.

Durability wise, the major wear item or trouble area was the rear diff. I bought the aluminum rear hub inserts and a bunch of rear bulkheads from eBay for cheap and it wasn't an issue.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:20 AM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Thanks guys,

Some of my hobby shops carry both rtr and a race roller. What I'm wanting to know is what is the main deference between the roller and rtr?? Like is there any difference between the two chassie wise or anything in that area?? Thanks guys...
Old 06-06-2012, 08:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by doug e fresh
Thanks guys,

Some of my hobby shops carry both rtr and a race roller. What I'm wanting to know is what is the main deference between the roller and rtr?? Like is there any difference between the two chassie wise or anything in that area?? Thanks guys...
Chassis
Shock towers
Plastic shock caps
Shock shafts I believe are not titanium

That's pretty much it. You can upgrade all those parts fairly cheap on Ebay. The RTR is a smoking deal if you don't have $1400 to put out right now.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:49 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Hey guys,
So I'm all over the place with what I want and am sorry for all these questions. I was looking at the kyosho st-rr kit and I came across a Kyosho Inferno NEO ST Race Spec2 for 400$$ and some change..

I have a buddy that will build my kit for me if I decide to go that route. But I'm wandering how is the Kyosho Inferno NEO ST Race Spec2 as a rtr?? Compared to a losi eight t 2.0 rtr?? Also is the Kyosho Inferno NEO ST Race Spec2 anything like the kit?? Thanks all again for the help and comments...
Old 06-07-2012, 04:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

If you were going from a Mugen MBX6t, you will be downgrading going to the Inferno. You would want the St-RR. IMO, if your going to get a K-Car, don't pussyfoot around, just get the top of the line car. The St-RR is the MP9 of Kyosho truggies.

I'm going to throw out my opinion again, are you wanting an RTR because you can't build (lack of skill), can't build it (lack of time), or don't want to build it? I used to be pro-RTR until I got my 2wd SC10 RTR. The motor and ESC died in the first 2 weeks, followed by the stock servo a couple race days after. I will never buy another RTR again. And you have the added benefit of learning EVERYTHING about the kit. If your friend builds it for you, is he going to take it apart at the track and fix it for you as well? Is he going to be there to diagnose problems when something goes wrong?

That is all...lol

Now that I think about it, why don't you just go with the MBX-6TR? Why did you stray away?
Old 06-09-2012, 02:44 AM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SureShotImages
If you were going from a Mugen MBX6t, you will be downgrading going to the Inferno. You would want the St-RR. IMO, if your going to get a K-Car, don't pussyfoot around, just get the top of the line car. The St-RR is the MP9 of Kyosho truggies.

I'm going to throw out my opinion again, are you wanting an RTR because you can't build (lack of skill), can't build it (lack of time), or don't want to build it? I used to be pro-RTR until I got my 2wd SC10 RTR. The motor and ESC died in the first 2 weeks, followed by the stock servo a couple race days after. I will never buy another RTR again. And you have the added benefit of learning EVERYTHING about the kit. If your friend builds it for you, is he going to take it apart at the track and fix it for you as well? Is he going to be there to diagnose problems when something goes wrong?

That is all...lol

Now that I think about it, why don't you just go with the MBX-6TR? Why did you stray away?
Haha,

Yes I can build it, no I don't have all the tools to build it Hense my buddy :-). Yes I can keep up with my truggy and do all the work to it myself.

My biggest thing is I work for us steel and work shift differentials and really dpnt have time to build one rats the reason why I was going the mspec route. I love the way mugen is as a kit its one of if not the top of the list of truggies.

I really didn't stray away from the mugen just don't have time to build one that's all. I think I'm just going to get the rtr losi eight t 2.0 and sell off the raido/bumb box as soon as I get it and throw the 454 in my xl.

What are some good upgrades for the rtr 2.0 truggy?? I'm going to be putting in a clocked werks b5 in it and some raidlsport servos as soon as possible along with either losi carbon fiber shock towers/radio Trey or kingheads shock towers?? I need to find or someone point me to a sight that has some worth wild hop ups for the 2.0 t. Thanks guys..
Old 06-09-2012, 02:49 AM
Tech Champion

That 454 will not just drop into your XL( Savage I assume).

It has a closed backplate. Not sure, but with the LRP Spec 3's, which the 454 is supposedly identical to, you could NOT just throw a rotostart backplate on it(as you can with the LRP 30 truggy version..), because the rod lacks the pin or something.. Anyway, a starterbox engine ain't gonna' work in an MT..
Old 06-09-2012, 02:51 AM
Tech Champion

While we're at it though, I guess I have a question too. I have an SC8 and an RC8.2, and a ton of Associated parts. I also have two Losi LST2's a bunch of parts for them.. So I don't know - I know LST2 parts won't work, but I assume the Losi 8T also uses the same non-metric tools? Is the rate of wear on the 8T still really bad? Have read that here and there over the years.. That and servo-tray and rear bearing issues...

I really want an RC8T CE, but I can get the Losi roller I think for more than €100 cheaper...
Old 06-09-2012, 03:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

if you already know your putting a different motor and electronics, i would definitly go the race roller. flex tuned chassis is aroud 120$ alone, the front plastics shock caps will be the first to go or the bending of the front shock tower. save money in the long run and get the roller if your racing.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:16 AM
Tech Adept

What are some good upgrades for the rtr 2.0 truggy?? I'm going to be putting in a clocked werks b5 in it and some raidlsport servos as soon as possible along with either losi carbon fiber shock towers/radio Trey or kingheads shock towers?? I need to find or someone point me to a sight that has some worth wild hop ups for the 2.0 t. Thanks guys..[/QUOTE]

......The stock center diff mount is problematic..you have to slightly turn the carb and set the throttle linkage at a funky angle..which is a killer on the throttle/break servo. An upgrade to the aluminum split diff mount is WELL worth it IMHO. No turning the carb and it's easier to access the center diff when rebuilding.

I had one of the stock shock mounts on the rtr snap like it had been molded out of candy cane. Don't know if this is a common problem or not, but since I've upgraded them to the Lunsfords there haven't been any problems there. The stock shock towers themselves are stout..maybe a little more weight than the ones that come on the roller.
There are tons of other upgrades to possibly consider, but the aluminum split diff and better servos are the biggies IMO..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.