Nitro Budget Racers Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nitro Budget Racers Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Everyone has a budget. Some are just much higher than others.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

sweet deal on super soft C3 Duratrax posse going over at tower hobbies these tires work in surfaces where aka impacts or blockades are used.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXAUJT&P=**
Old 08-05-2012, 02:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I agree with some of the previous posters. A 4 or $500 engine probably isn't necessary. Had a ton of fun and good racing for years with the 3-port Nova's. It was never the engine that kept me in the C-main, just my lack of driving skill.

Also, I think you can get away with running older chassis models, like Losi 1.0's, MBX5's, etc. As other people buy the "latest and greatest", you can pick up their used stuff for next to nothing. Usually there is nothing wrong with it, other than the fact it doesn't have a 2.0 or whatever on the side of it. I've got enough parts to keep these 1.0's running for years, and didn't have to break the bank to do it.

Keep an eye peeled at the tracks for used tires. Some guys sell them with a ton of useable tread left on them, and they are usually the right compound/tread for the track. No need to keep dozens of sets on hand.

Still running NiMH Rx packs. Just picked up a new one at the LHS the other day for $6!!

I wouldn't skimp on radios or servos. Anything else is fair game.

Last edited by sdtech58; 08-05-2012 at 03:01 AM.