Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cleaning nitro buggy/truggy in between rounds

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 09:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

one of the losi guys up here turned me on to the product called ICE...you can find it at autozone and shucks..you spray it down hit with a quick brush and blow it off and no kidding it looks brand new...it is safe with electronics mind you i dont soak them in it..but a light spray..it is money..
Old 04-05-2012, 02:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Air compressor and brushes. Save the sprays for the end of the day. If it's muddy, then I just pull the toe plates off and clean out the mud, and ensure there is free movement.
Old 04-05-2012, 03:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Air hose blow off.
Parts and screw check.
Go shoot the bull.
Old 07-20-2013, 01:54 AM
Tech Champion

Got a quick cleaning question: After the last race I sprayed a bunch of chemicals (WD-40, some kind of RC cleaning foam, another auto HHS spray of some kind, etc..) all over my truggy. Now I barely want to touch it or have it in the house. Would it be so bad if I took it to the car wash and really blasted it with water, then applied some bearing oil all around?.. I need to get this thing clean..
Old 07-20-2013, 04:20 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by melonpeel
I'm wondering if a shop vac would be better than blowing things off with an air compressor? My bearings always get real gritty after a few dust offs with the air. I'm pretty sure it's blowing dirt around the seals and into the bearings.
Pack your wheel bearings with Marine/Ag grease. Then coat them with grease. They'll be nasty dirty covered blobs inside your uprights.

NEVER clean them off. The hard crusty coating of grease blob dirt keeps the water out when you rinse off the car.

The racers with clean cars stayed up all night and tore down and cleaned most likely.

Yeah a shop vac works well. Over cleaning a car hurts it as much as it helps. But it's a good idea to pull the front and rear ends off the car. Hose them down and regrease the hinge pins, check the drive set screw etc. etc.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:04 AM
Tech Regular

just blow ALL ur moving parts (drive train, turnbuckle, ball end etc) with air compressor. i'd better not to use any solvent or chemical between round, sometimes it will attracted more dirt.

Chat with ur friends between round is basic needs.
Old 07-21-2013, 05:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Kalgard Degreaser. Takes about 2min to clean the car(if that). Just be aware that it does have a slight bit of oil, so I spray off my clutch(buku) with Kalgard Contact Cleaner.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Like a few people have said before, the only time my cars look new is when I show up to the track, and believe me, they look NEW. They only get that way by taking the entire buggy apart and cleaning each individual part though.

Once I start racing, to be honest, I don't touch the car other than to check screws. I clean the body and wing before the mains and that's it.