Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
kyosho GXR28 loses acceleration power after 5 minutes. oil content of fuel? >

kyosho GXR28 loses acceleration power after 5 minutes. oil content of fuel?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

kyosho GXR28 loses acceleration power after 5 minutes. oil content of fuel?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 11:41 PM
Tech Adept

Default kyosho GXR28 loses acceleration power after 5 minutes. oil content of fuel?

hi, my first post

im running a 1/8 kyosho stadium truck with gxr28 engine (.28) on glo-max CB 16%.
it runs great for less than 5 minutes, but then loses heaps of acceleration (until i stop it for a bit and start up again) i figured it was getting too hot and running lean, but i cant make it any richer without it stalling all the time.
i was told at hoobyrama that he doesnt stock glomax because of the oil content. could i possibly need better fuel with higher oil content? or less nitro percentage?
or have i got it wrong

thanks

muz
Old 04-02-2012, 09:47 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default loss of power

do you have alot of oil seeping through your front bearing? if so, the motor is getting warm, causing it to expand and creating an air-leak. Happened to my stock ofna force .21 motor, junked it for an O.S. also check your rear engine seal, they can leak sometimes, try applying a small bead of RTV sealant to the back case cover. Sound like your describing a leak more than anything, i wouldn't look at the fuel to be the culprit.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nitro muz
hi, my first post

im running a 1/8 kyosho stadium truck with gxr28 engine (.28) on glo-max CB 16%.
it runs great for less than 5 minutes, but then loses heaps of acceleration (until i stop it for a bit and start up again) i figured it was getting too hot and running lean, but i cant make it any richer without it stalling all the time.
i was told at hoobyrama that he doesnt stock glomax because of the oil content. could i possibly need better fuel with higher oil content? or less nitro percentage?
or have i got it wrong

thanks

muz
Too much oil content. 9 - 11% max. 20 - 30% nitro.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

It could be too lean on the bottom, but most likely you're losing compression once the engine heats up i.e. your motor is worn out. The situation you're describing sounds pretty tale tell to me that it's a compression issue. It does NOT sound like a fuel issue. If it were the fuel it would either run right from the beginning or it wouldn't.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

16% nitro? Does sound like it is overheating, any way of temping it? Car specific fuel? Some of the fuels made for other applications (planes) see more airflow and will run hotter if used in a car. Higher nitro content may bring the temps down as well.