Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Tekno vs King Headz >

Tekno vs King Headz

Tekno vs King Headz

Old 03-01-2012, 12:43 PM
  #1  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (10)
 
Airlmeier4422's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: BUFFALO, NY
Posts: 334
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Tekno vs King Headz

Hello peeps, I am looking at AMAINHOBBIES to buy new shock towers and other parts. They have the Tekno and King Headz shock towers and both seem to be good and have same pricing. Any opinions on which is better. Only racing and no bashing. I tried searching for info on the Tekno towers but came up empty handed. The King Headz products that I have are great. Just wanna mix it up a little, something new.

Whats the thoughts on the Losi Aluminum top front brace and Losi Aluminum split differential mount.
Airlmeier4422 is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 12:50 PM
  #2  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (25)
 
losi_racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: mesa,az
Posts: 6,470
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Airlmeier4422 View Post
Hello peeps, I am looking at AMAINHOBBIES to buy new shock towers and other parts. They have the Tekno and King Headz shock towers and both seem to be good and have same pricing. Any opinions on which is better. Only racing and no bashing. I tried searching for info on the Tekno towers but came up empty handed. The King Headz products that I have are great. Just wanna mix it up a little, something new.

Whats the thoughts on the Losi Aluminum top front brace and Losi Aluminum split differential mount.
Well first why are you trying to change the losi towers ? The stock are great , if you wanna loose weight get the carbon fiber losi towers.

The aluminum top plate is a waste of money , all for bling no performance gains at all. The split diff mount is cool , but IMO its over priced.
losi_racer is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 01:02 PM
  #3  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (10)
 
Airlmeier4422's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: BUFFALO, NY
Posts: 334
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
Well first why are you trying to change the losi towers ? The stock are great , if you wanna loose weight get the carbon fiber losi towers.

The aluminum top plate is a waste of money , all for bling no performance gains at all. The split diff mount is cool , but IMO its over priced.
Idk, I never had any luck with the losi towers. BUT they are the original ones. Did they release a newer version of the towers?

Thats what I figured for the top plate, it would almost create less flex (right?). The split diff, I really don't know what it is, but my hobby shop was trying to get me to buy it.
Airlmeier4422 is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 01:10 PM
  #4  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (25)
 
losi_racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: mesa,az
Posts: 6,470
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Airlmeier4422 View Post
Idk, I never had any luck with the losi towers. BUT they are the original ones. Did they release a newer version of the towers?

Thats what I figured for the top plate, it would almost create less flex (right?). The split diff, I really don't know what it is, but my hobby shop was trying to get me to buy it.
The buggy had a running change when it was first released , they we're 3mm(i think) the new ones are 4mm . But I doubt any are still out there , they did that change right away.

The stop plate will have less flex but you honestly wont notice any difference , up front is pretty solid as it is . The center diff mount is cool, it allows you to run your carb straighter , but you can also just Dremel the stock mount . The split mount also does what the name says, the diff mount splits in half (from top to bottom) and allows for quicker diff removal . If the mount was cheaper I would of got one , but for 60$ I would rather spend that on fuel, tires, plugs etc
losi_racer is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 01:40 PM
  #5  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (10)
 
Airlmeier4422's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: BUFFALO, NY
Posts: 334
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
The buggy had a running change when it was first released , they we're 3mm(i think) the new ones are 4mm . But I doubt any are still out there , they did that change right away.

The stop plate will have less flex but you honestly wont notice any difference , up front is pretty solid as it is . The center diff mount is cool, it allows you to run your carb straighter , but you can also just Dremel the stock mount . The split mount also does what the name says, the diff mount splits in half (from top to bottom) and allows for quicker diff removal . If the mount was cheaper I would of got one , but for 60$ I would rather spend that on fuel, tires, plugs etc
Thanks for the advice and saving me some $.
Airlmeier4422 is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.