Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Need seriouse advice on a top notch truggy! >

Need seriouse advice on a top notch truggy!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need seriouse advice on a top notch truggy!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 11:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I would recomend getting a buggy to start with, then a truggy down the road a bit.

All mentioned are great cars. Check out Agama. Their truggy will be out soon too.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:42 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by So*Cal AFDude
I would recomend getting a buggy to start with, then a truggy down the road a bit.

All mentioned are great cars. Check out Agama. Their truggy will be out soon too.
i never heard of Agaman before and ive been reading a lot ond looking on a lot of races on the internet.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:13 PM
Tech Addict

Don't forget about the Xray

The parts quality is on the same level as Kyosho and Serpent if not better. In the 2 years I have had my truck, I can still count the number of parts I've broken on one hand. The Hudy spring steel drivetrain will never wear out and almost everything you need comes in the kit.

Also, parts support is probably going to be really good for you over in Sweden. It's a European based company (Slovakia) so Xray is usually really big in Europe.

Anyone that has seen my truck can vouch for the performance/durability. Just an idea!
Old 03-02-2012, 08:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by walfrid
Hi!

Im looking for a great truggy for top seriouse racing. I just stoped driving motocross which has been my life for last 21 years. I will put all my spare time and money into this sport and i need YOUR advice on a great truggy + specs. Money is no issue so all advices are welcome. all your tips and tricks are welcome also
RC8T CE...BUILT LIKE A TANK,TURNS ON A DIME AND VERY TUNABLE.ENOUGH SAID.CLOCKED BONITO engine HITEC HV servos LIPO battery ERCM pipe. CAN'T TOUCH IT!!!
Old 03-02-2012, 08:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by So*Cal AFDude

No disrespect but a truggy is more driver friendly ( more forgiving ) than a buggy.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:26 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by are yew mad yet
No disrespect but a truggy is more driver friendly ( more forgiving ) than a buggy.
Not much of a class for truggy though..sometimes not even enough for a race...I've been racing buggy for 4 years and the first time I ever dropped a truggy on the track I was instantly faster..Buggy is the best way to learn and the best way to race..truggy is the more fun class, drive it hard and just plow through or over everything..no finesse needed, just point and punch.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:55 PM
Tech Master

A lot of people that start out in a truggy over buggy end up getting frustrated with buggy... quitting or not running it because they don't like it. Learn to drive a buggy fast and you'll be that much faster in truggy.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:50 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by token
TLR 8ight T 2.0 ------ Awesome Support. Awesome Truck.

+1
Old 03-04-2012, 07:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by are yew mad yet
But truggy will teach you less of the important skills you will develop with buggy.. And no one likes to turn marshal a hacking truggy, which newer drivers tend to do a lot. Buggies are easier to dodge
Old 03-04-2012, 08:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ShadowX
Ex Motocrosser here myself. If you don't mind spending more look into the new Kyosho st-rr EVO. Haven't rode mine yet but have seen many of these kick arse on the track. I'm almost done building mine and let me tell ya the quality and durability is top notch.
+1 on the ex moto rider. I raced for 18yrs, since I was four and miss every bit of it. Its so easy if you have a moto back ground to go the nitro rc route because you already know or will know what your engine rpm and the sweet spot to get it just right for the jumps

I also agree with everyone on here about the choices. There are so many awesome kits out. I'm going the mugen mbx6t mspec route myself. I personally would look at the serpent cobra truggy. There very sweet kits. Never seen one in person but from the pics ans Vids I've seen they just seem to work. I heard there to light to run in some places tho?? Personally I would look at mugen, I had the old mbx5t and that was a awesome truggy and well put together and it just look awesome. At the end its all up to you. I would tho go to your local track and see if your aloud to run serpent.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Truggy is more fun than buggy. I have both and I call driving the truggy cheating because its so much easier. I hope the truggy class is still going to stay popular because its so much fun to drive.

I have the RC8TCE and I love it. I run it right out of the box kit setup and no option parts. The only tuning it usually ever needs is the right tires for the track conditions. Ive been running it since it was released and I am building a new one for this coming season.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:26 AM
Tech Adept

SERPENT!!!! Had Hotbodies and Losi and Serpent worked for me.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but what about the new dnx408T that should be out pretty soon, I have a dnx408 converted with an SS-racing conversion and a LSD diff up front and so far seems to be awesome, can't wait to race it soon lol. Although I prefer electric over nitro because of the simplicity, but the dnx408t would be sweet. Durango also has the ease of diff maintenance, and most the bolts are in alloy so nothing strips, awesome machining on everything, I say go for it I would if there was a Durango e-truggy!
Old 03-05-2012, 07:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Thing is that i live in sweden and i think truggy classes here are not that popular as the buggy class but i think the truggy would fit my needs atm and maybe later on i will jump into the buggy class. I only look at the US races as i can hardly find any rc videos from sweden from year 2011-2012. I think i live in the wrong country when it comes to RC. I will buy a truggy and then see were this all will take me, hopefully i can go over to the US and just have fun for a week or two to just practice on the tracks there and reelax as a vacation and get more tips on the road.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by walfrid
Thing is that i live in sweden and i think truggy classes here are not that popular as the buggy class but i think the truggy would fit my needs atm and maybe later on i will jump into the buggy class. I only look at the US races as i can hardly find any rc videos from sweden from year 2011-2012. I think i live in the wrong country when it comes to RC. I will buy a truggy and then see were this all will take me, hopefully i can go over to the US and just have fun for a week or two to just practice on the tracks there and reelax as a vacation and get more tips on the road.
If a trip to the US is something you'd consider, then there's plenty of tracks and events that are well worth the trip. I'd look at the Nitro Challenge. Just about all the top Driver's and Teams show up for that event and I'm sure you could get some valueable info from the Teams or many of the racers there. There's always something to learn, even if it's a slightly different or faster way to mount tires.

There's a number of track in the So. Cal./L.A. area that are well known and will have many of the top US Drivers come out for races on a regular basis if they aren't out of town for other races. Plus most of the RC Mfg.'s are down in that area or have a US headquarters there.

I hear the Psycho Nitro Blast down in Ga. is worth going to. Know a couple of racers that have gone and said they had a blast (pun intended LOL) while there. Said they got a lot of practice time.

The CRCRC race in Ohio is another that draws many top racer to and I think is one of the longest running events going.

I'm sure there's many other races/events worth going to.

Another thing to look at is the Nitro Challenge event that the Dirt Crew have started in Italy (I think). The pics looked good and it is a little closer for you to get to, but i don't think they run a Truggy class. Atleast not yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.