Community
Wiki Posts
Search

running pro and sportsman???

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Brian Alderman
If you could trust everyone to act like and adult I would agree with you!
It sounds like the problem was, everyone was scared of him. I guess no ones parents taught them to stand up for whats right.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

We had a guy around here that ran Open and Pro at a good sized race in our area. He did ok I think. Made the B in open (a,b,c mains) and back of the B in pro(a,b mains).

Then he goes to florida and runs sportsman and wins by a lap. haha. It didn't really affect me or anything, but I kinda had a WTF moment when I heard that.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:25 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Open and sportsman are not interchangeable. I have ran open and pro at large events and got my ass handed to me in both hahaha
Old 01-24-2012, 11:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
Open and sportsman are not interchangeable. I have ran open and pro at large events and got my ass handed to me in both hahaha
Don't worry Frank...I won't be far behind you.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
It sounds like the problem was, everyone was scared of him. I guess no ones parents taught them to stand up for whats right.
Oh, there were many that would stand up to him. I was going to say something to him until I heard that it was ok with the director. Many others were ready to beat his rear-end. I mean, if it's ok with the director then it's ok.
What gets me the most about it is the simple fact that this guy was getting twice the track time as anyone else. After controlled practice, the track was closed. This guy runs Sportsman for practice. Considering all the positives to that, he should have done better than he did. It's not right in my mind but it wasn't a choice that any of us could do much about.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:33 AM
Tech Prophet

So lets say in a club race if you race in a Pro truggy class and you want to race a second class like E-Buggy and you want to go into a sportsman class so you can get used to the buggy. And most likely your not going to win anyways so its wrong to do that

Personally i dont care if some other guy is in a class hes not supposed to be in im looking at my truck and paying attention to my laps and how my driving is .
Old 01-24-2012, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
So lets say in a club race if you race in a Pro truggy class and you want to race a second class like E-Buggy and you want to go into a sportsman class so you can get used to the buggy. And most likely your not going to win anyways so its wrong to do that

Personally i dont care if some other guy is in a class hes not supposed to be in im looking at my truck and paying attention to my laps and how my driving is .
must not be on top very often. if it was a secondary class i wouldn't have an issue, like you said.

but this situation was wrong. sounds like the guy running the race needs to take a vote. then again its like onroad~ the pros running 17.5 and mod
Old 01-24-2012, 12:09 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by t8rtot
must not be on top very often. if it was a secondary class i wouldn't have an issue, like you said.

but this situation was wrong. sounds like the guy running the race needs to take a vote. then again its like onroad~ the pros running 17.5 and mod

I usually run in the top three/middle pack outdoors in the pro class but i feel evently i will have one win in the pro truggy class with more practice less crashing. i did win one main race during the 2011 season in the sportsman truggy class yea i agree with the guys that are talking about with the real pros running in a class there not supposed to be in .

But yea i dont see the issue with some guy who runs in a pro class and than runs in a sportsman class as a second class but if he is lapping them its the race directers. Who needs to ask them to move into a Pro class or just get rid of a sportsman class but like i said before you cant make somebody do it this is club racing im talking about.

Or just get rid of a sportsman class i know most tracks do not have a sportsman class but some do.

Last edited by tc5 man; 01-24-2012 at 12:34 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Problem is race directors imo if a sportsman guy after first eou.d of qualies is fast enough to make the a of the next class up should be bumped
To the guys runni.g sportsman to feel good because they can not win in open or pro you are ruining racing for new comers who want to do good in a class
i am faster than sportsman guys around mid pack in a main of expert class i am om witj that neex ro get faster to fdo better
all this is said for big races at club level should always run where u belong
at big races like nitrochallenge and silver state they only run open and pro partly due to hastle of sandbaggers if had sportman class if open guy is fast enough to make a or b at really big races then should not be able to run both classes should be bumped to pro and take his licks
Old 01-24-2012, 02:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I find it strange that the RD would allow it to happen, and even more strange that he would allow himself to do it But I'm not one to argue with the RD.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

All I have to say on this subject is I despise sand baggers. PERIOD!!!!
Old 01-24-2012, 02:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Hey there...

I was @CRCRC also last weekend and i was the french guy mauling...

actually i want to appologize to all the drivers with who i raced in sportsman.
It's not an excuse i know, but last weekend, i had a very bad attitude at the track and was unfair sometimes on track. I was like that because of few things... tired from 15hours driving... plug issue(flame out) all the week end.. i was totaly not patient on sunday. so again, i sincerly appologize for my attitude last week end..

About the Sportsman/Pro debat, i run both class myself without thinking that can be an issue. Personally, i dont have to level to make C-B-A mains.. i only run sportsman to get more track time at the big races. that's it... dont care to win in sportsman... i only want to get a lot of tracktime because i make a lot of efforts to be at the race and it's frustrating to only run like 1hours at the track.

But now, after reading some opinions, i'm considering to only run sportsman to be fair, like everybody do.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xchange
Hey there...

I was @CRCRC also last weekend and i was the french guy mauling...

actually i want to appologize to all the drivers with who i raced in sportsman.
It's not an excuse i know, but last weekend, i had a very bad attitude at the track and was unfair sometimes on track. I was like that because of few things... tired from 15hours driving... plug issue(flame out) all the week end.. i was totaly not patient on sunday. so again, i sincerly appologize for my attitude last week end..

About the Sportsman/Pro debat, i run both class myself without thinking that can be an issue. Personally, i dont have to level to make C-B-A mains.. i only run sportsman to get more track time at the big races. that's it... dont care to win in sportsman... i only want to get a lot of tracktime because i make a lot of efforts to be at the race and it's frustrating to only run like 1hours at the track.

But now, after reading some opinions, i'm considering to only run sportsman to be fair, like everybody do.
At least your not afraid to admit it, I can respect that.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:50 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by xxxntwv
In the rule it clearly states that to run in the sportsman class you can not have in sponsors of any percentage.I think if your good enough for sponors then you should run in pro.Myself I would just feel like I wasnt representing my sponsors by running in the sportsman class.I mean come on that class was started for beginners anyway.
I don't completely agree with that rule. There are a number of racers who have sponsorships, not cause they are fast, but cause they know the right people. I myself wouldn't even be able to afford to race if I didn't have a little help. I did recently start running pro because I figured it was time to.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by Brian Alderman
At least your not afraid to admit it, I can respect that.
Yeah ... I felt so pathetic after that race... Anyway... Past is past and cant be changed but i took a good lesson of this race and its the last one with this attitude for me... Race for fun and do the best i can.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.