Wiki Posts
Search

running pro and sportsman???

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Miniracer23
I don't completely agree with that rule. There are a number of racers who have sponsorships, not cause they are fast, but cause they know the right people. I myself wouldn't even be able to afford to race if I didn't have a little help. I did recently start running pro because I figured it was time to.
When I started racing there wasnt even a sportsman class to run.If we went to big races you ran with everybody else.Can most people run with the pros,no.But you learn the cars and how to be a better driver and get faster.I agree with the rule,if you have a chassis,or fuel sponsor you run in the pro.It doesnt matter where you finish this hobby is just for fun for most of us.I just feel if you deserve a sponsorship then it should be from running in the pro class.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xxxntwv
When I started racing there wasnt even a sportsman class to run.If we went to big races you ran with everybody else.Can most people run with the pros,no.But you learn the cars and how to be a better driver and get faster.I agree with the rule,if you have a chassis,or fuel sponsor you run in the pro.It doesnt matter where you finish this hobby is just for fun for most of us.I just feel if you deserve a sponsorship then it should be from running in the pro class.
I would be all for doing away with it period. As a matter of fact when we do our offroad program this summer it will not be offered. I for one have no interest in policing it, plus it just divides everything up. Many of my buddies recall when the midwest race had no such thing, and they enjoyed seeing how many mains they improved from year to year.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yep, there is no need for pro, open, expert, sportsman, why can we all just run 1/8 off road nitro buggy class? isn't what quall's are for? to get you to run with same skill level racers?
Old 01-24-2012, 04:24 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RAlmeida
Yep, there is no need for pro, open, expert, sportsman, why can we all just run 1/8 off road nitro buggy class? isn't what quall's are for? to get you to run with same skill level racers?
I agree 100%. The only problem is you get a lot of people who whine and cry cause they don't want to be in lower mains. But if you ran eveyone together, you could run longer mains and the competition would be tighter in my opinion.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brian Alderman
I would be all for doing away with it period. As a matter of fact when we do our offroad program this summer it will not be offered. I for one have no interest in policing it, plus it just divides everything up. Many of my buddies recall when the midwest race had no such thing, and they enjoyed seeing how many mains they improved from year to year.
The first year I ran the midwest gas champs race I finished in the H main.Thats whe gas truck was the biggest class.A few more years I might actually make the A.I know at our track everyone will run pro until some fast people show up then they all run sportsman.You end up with 25 sportsman and 5 pros.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xchange
Hey there...

I was @CRCRC also last weekend and i was the french guy mauling...

actually i want to appologize to all the drivers with who i raced in sportsman.
It's not an excuse i know, but last weekend, i had a very bad attitude at the track and was unfair sometimes on track. I was like that because of few things... tired from 15hours driving... plug issue(flame out) all the week end.. i was totaly not patient on sunday. so again, i sincerly appologize for my attitude last week end..

About the Sportsman/Pro debat, i run both class myself without thinking that can be an issue. Personally, i dont have to level to make C-B-A mains.. i only run sportsman to get more track time at the big races. that's it... dont care to win in sportsman... i only want to get a lot of tracktime because i make a lot of efforts to be at the race and it's frustrating to only run like 1hours at the track.

But now, after reading some opinions, i'm considering to only run sportsman to be fair, like everybody do.

..you're a good man! It takes a great deal of class to come on here and apologize the way you have..some people never learn from their mistakes, you are not one of those people and it's refreshing to see that.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Xchange
Hey there...

I was @CRCRC also last weekend and i was the french guy mauling...

actually i want to appologize to all the drivers with who i raced in sportsman.
It's not an excuse i know, but last weekend, i had a very bad attitude at the track and was unfair sometimes on track. I was like that because of few things... tired from 15hours driving... plug issue(flame out) all the week end.. i was totaly not patient on sunday. so again, i sincerly appologize for my attitude last week end..

About the Sportsman/Pro debat, i run both class myself without thinking that can be an issue. Personally, i dont have to level to make C-B-A mains.. i only run sportsman to get more track time at the big races. that's it... dont care to win in sportsman... i only want to get a lot of tracktime because i make a lot of efforts to be at the race and it's frustrating to only run like 1hours at the track.

But now, after reading some opinions, i'm considering to only run sportsman to be fair, like everybody do.
Very good way to redeem yourself but its about sportsmanship some people forget about this important practice but we all get frustrated its only human.