Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(CSI) COMPETITION SUSPENSION INC.

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 06:39 PM
Tech Master

Default RC8B3

Anyone run the 16mm blues in the B3 yet?
Old 01-10-2016, 10:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Default CSI v-port blue

Just got a set of the blue V-port for my Tekno sct 410.3 .
Tried installing them and the wouldn't fit on the shaft . Teamed the to fit a now the locknut won't tread to to the nylon lock part. Has anyone else had this issue, I did contact CSI on the issue, but have heard back..
Any help would be appreciated
Old 03-07-2016, 12:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default V Port for Losi 4.0 buggy

I just purchased vport blue and red for my Losi 4 nitro buggy. Can someone advise me with some information to start:

What oil for blue and red (front and rear) ? I live in area with temperature above 90F.

How much Rebound should I make it? Now with original pistons I use 0 Rebound. Should I make it 0 Rebound too?

Can I use this vports for emulsion suspension too? Do I use same oil as bladder?

I assume I can use the original bladders from losi?

Do I install washers that come with original losi 4? (above and below pistons)

I really appreciate all inputs. Thank you.
Old 03-08-2016, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Can you advise which pistons (if any) would be compatible with the XRAY XB8 shocks?
Old 04-27-2016, 04:14 PM
Tech Rookie

sorry for noob question but I just got a new mugen 7tr so is it the 16mm pistons that I need?
cheers jason
Old 05-13-2016, 01:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

I just got the CSI aluminum pro 16mm pistons for my serpent 811BE buggy. I went off the recommended 35F and 30R oil weight they suggest for the blue delrin pistons but it seems way too light on the aluminum ones.....

Has anybody tried these yet? I would like to know what weight to use....my local tracks are low traction and typically rough conditions too. Thanks for any insight!
Old 05-14-2016, 10:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Wow....not much support on this thread in a while I see.
Old 05-16-2016, 12:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

I heard back from eric at CSI.

If you get the aluminum pro v-port pistons you need to start with much heavier oil. He suggested 70wt front and 60wt rear oils. I tried this out this weekend on a low traction, very bumpy local track and they really work well. I am going to put some on my nitro buggy now and try it....

I also want to add that you will most likely have to drill the center mounting hole out a little bit larger to fit your vehicle. Don't be surprised!
Old 08-21-2016, 01:26 AM
Tech Initiate

Just received 12mm blue for our 1/10th electric buggy. First thing we noticed was how small the holes are on the flat side.

Started with 32.5 in front and 27.5 in rear as recommended however shocks felt too stiff (similar to 40 oil with current pistons). Dropped to 22.5 in front and 17.5 in rear and they were still a little stiff compared to current pistons.

We wont get to try them back to back with existing pistons for another week. Any thoughts oil weights? Track is fairly bumpy outdoor astro turf with medium jumps.
Old 10-19-2017, 10:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

I just got a losi 8ight-T E and run a rough outdoor track and want to set it up. anyone have any ideas for me. I like the idea of the CSI product but want to get some direction from someone who knows what they are doing. IM fairly new to RC about 2 yrs but I primarily bashed before but im getting into racing since I found a fun track close to the house. since then I have gotten more performance minded. anyone know of a good set up for this truck?