Kyosho Neo ST Race Spec tough enough?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho Neo ST Race Spec tough enough?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 10:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Kyosho Neo ST Race Spec tough enough?

Hi,

Im a newcomer to this hobby, and interested in getting a 1/8 nitro truggy for bashing purpose and jumps.

I live in malaysia, and truggy arent that popular compare to MT's.
So I have limited choices in selecting them.

Truggies that is available is:

Kyosho Neo St Race Spec
Caster Racing K8t
Thunder Tiger ST-1

The price difference is being that kyosho is around usd30 expensive than the others... Parts availability for the truggy are good.

But im inclined on kyosho due to its outside appearance....hahha

So i need help from those experts which truggy is tough enough and what kind of side guard is compatible for the Neo ST.

Thnx in advance

Rgds,

Azfar
Old 09-25-2011, 10:40 PM
Tech Initiate

anyone?

those who have experienced with kyosho please share pros and cons....
Old 09-27-2011, 07:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Azfar
anyone?

those who have experienced with kyosho please share pros and cons....
well, you are asking very early as this isn't even on the hobby shop shelves yet in the USA ... but I can tell you I saw one and it is very impressive. It looks plenty tough, and it has all the good drive train components. Also, I have heard that the stock engine is very powerful as well. not sure about the side guard
Old 10-10-2011, 07:21 AM
Tech Initiate

The neo st doesnt come with sideguard like the ST-RR versions...

Well since its already been out.... I hope owners of this new truggy could give a verdict or two...

thnz
Old 10-10-2011, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)

I don't know either but I would assume the 777/ST RR ones would fit directly.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:04 PM
Tech Initiate

probably with a little mod..it would do..thnks
Old 10-11-2011, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Azfar
probably with a little mod..it would do..thnks
We have the Neo ST now, and I can tell you that the side guards from the STRR will not fit. The chassis on the Neo is much wider, specifically in the front section. To be honest, I'm not sure it needs sideguards becasue of the wider chassis, but it might be nice to protect the pipe. That's the only thing exposed that can maybe use some protection.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pitpop
We have the Neo ST now, and I can tell you that the side guards from the STRR will not fit. The chassis on the Neo is much wider, specifically in the front section. To be honest, I'm not sure it needs sideguards becasue of the wider chassis, but it might be nice to protect the pipe. That's the only thing exposed that can maybe use some protection.
does it have any holes on the chassis indicating maybe an option piece? Aslo, is it a shorter wheelbase than the RR?
Old 10-11-2011, 04:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Neesh
does it have any holes on the chassis indicating maybe an option piece? Aslo, is it a shorter wheelbase than the RR?
it does have holes in the right place for side guards, but they don't line up with the STRR sideguards. I was going to check the 777 to see, but I doubt they will fit. The Neo ST is slightly shorter than the RR, but with the hubs back, it's close to the same length.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Have u tested d truggy yet?

Im kinda skeptical....

A fellow rc bought one a week ago...but during the 6th tank breaking in the piston n crankshaft blew....
He said it was probably his fault due to his first nitro rc....

Why isnt there any review from any website or video from kyosho?
Old 10-12-2011, 01:54 AM
Tech Elite

it does have holes in the right place for side guards, but they don't line up with the STRR sideguards. I was going to check the 777 to see, but I doubt they will fit. The Neo ST is slightly shorter than the RR, but with the hubs back, it's close to the same length.
Thanks for the info. I would like to see some feedback on it too. Looks like a nice RTR
Old 10-13-2011, 02:14 AM
Tech Master

Ran the first two tanks through it today and it was simple. It idles really well and tuned easily too. Yes, I could see that if you ran it too lean it might damage the engine. I am running it rich for awhile before leaning it out. This engine is actually really good. I've heard from people that have been running this engine and they say lots of power and reliable. I will race this truck at Kyosho Fall Classic and Toys for Tots, and I will report how it goes. I ran it straight out of the box to start, just to see how it was with no modifications, and it's not bad. Now I'm going to soup it up.. I will keep the stock engine. The only things I will change are clutch, add diff gears, diff oil, and probably rearrange the shocks a little.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:56 AM
Tech Prophet

i just looked on amain hobbies and seen the kyosho neo ST race spec im impressed my the looks of it seems to come with good features on it espially the big bore shocks although they look like there plastic though ?

How much better is the neo spec st version 2 model than the version 1 ?
The price for it is really good maybe into next spring there will be people who show up with them good job kyosho

I cant see any extra pics underneth the truggy body though does anybody have pics ?
Old 10-13-2011, 01:04 PM
Tech Initiate

Ran the first two tanks through it today and it was simple. It idles really well and tuned easily too. Yes, I could see that if you ran it too lean it might damage the engine. I am running it rich for awhile before leaning it out. This engine is actually really good. I've heard from people that have been running this engine and they say lots of power and reliable. I will race this truck at Kyosho Fall Classic and Toys for Tots, and I will report how it goes. I ran it straight out of the box to start, just to see how it was with no modifications, and it's not bad. Now I'm going to soup it up.. I will keep the stock engine. The only things I will change are clutch, add diff gears, diff oil, and probably rearrange the shocks a little.
Dude, pls share some pics or video....
If all goes well, I might buy it too!
Old 10-13-2011, 01:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by tc5 man
i just looked on amain hobbies and seen the kyosho neo ST race spec im impressed my the looks of it seems to come with good features on it espially the big bore shocks although they look like there plastic though ?

How much better is the neo spec st version 2 model than the version 1 ?
The price for it is really good maybe into next spring there will be people who show up with them good job kyosho

I cant see any extra pics underneth the truggy body though does anybody have pics ?
There are many website have some pics underneath
http://www.redrc.net/2011/06/kyosho-...e-spec-type-1/
http://www.area52.cc/news/858-kyosho...race-spec.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.