Search

2011 Intech BR5 Evo

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 01:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bobbyc1127
SABOTAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sabotage????? That Br-5 Pro kit you have has the bearings on the brake cams already...
Old 10-11-2011, 01:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zebs124
I finally got the time to finish the new buggy yesterday. It was a pleasure to build. A little bit of hand fitting on the arms but nothing too drastic. the car looks sweet I cant wait to try it out. Hopefully the weather gets nice enough soon so I can run it.I plan on running this buggy alot so I will be posting my setups as soon as I have a chance to run the car.

I would also like to thank Russ Kinsey for giving me the opportunity to run the buggy this year. Im very excited to represent Intech here in the pacific northwest.
Ross it is a pleasure to have you on the Team, and as always; If you need anything just ask!!
Russ
Old 10-11-2011, 02:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Tx State

Thanks to the whole team at the finals, Russ,Hunter,Roy,Shaun,and Bobby, wish wouldn't have gotten rotten rained out. My car felt really good, and I was looking forward to seeing what I could've done in my next 2 quals. Been nice we could've gotten that Team pic going.
But here's mine anyway....loving the shirts Russ, guys post your setups you used at this event to help out the other new drivers and get them a base as to where to start.
Also Shaun, ty for everything man, see ya at Lubbock race if all goes well or Carlton's race in November.
2011 Intech BR5 Evo-mr_internation.jpg
Old 10-11-2011, 04:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by IntechRacer5
Thanks to the whole team at the finals, Russ,Hunter,Roy,Shaun,and Bobby, wish wouldn't have gotten rotten rained out. My car felt really good, and I was looking forward to seeing what I could've done in my next 2 quals. Been nice we could've gotten that Team pic going.
But here's mine anyway....loving the shirts Russ, guys post your setups you used at this event to help out the other new drivers and get them a base as to where to start.
Also Shaun, ty for everything man, see ya at Lubbock race if all goes well or Carlton's race in November.
Attachment 819380
I wont be able to make the I27 race but I will be at the RC Pro National Finals and also at Carlton's race. Anytime man! Your buggy looked really good on the track!
Old 10-11-2011, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tazio Nuvolari
Like to start by thanking Russ for giving me a chance to race the evo! i have one weekend in the books and love the car so far. Built the car to fast(should never do that), easy car to build, each section bagged correctly, good instructions, great fit and finish. Cars over all handling is very good with the kits set up, good turn in but not to loose off the corners, jumps great both distance, and angle of attack(easy to raise and lower the nose in the air.) also the car has a very free drive train(pulls wonderfully off the corners). Nothing broke or fell off(well that was not my mistake). more to come as the set-up evolves. tim
Timmy Mac, is out of hibernation!!!

Your car did look good Tim, and knowing you it will only get better as you get used to it and adjust the setup to your liking.

Now are you going to make us wait 6 months before your next post - since in the past 10 years you have made 17 posts to date. 1.7 per year.

See you at the track
Old 10-11-2011, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RMKinWI
Timmy Mac, is out of hibernation!!!

Your car did look good Tim, and knowing you it will only get better as you get used to it and adjust the setup to your liking.

Now are you going to make us wait 6 months before your next post - since in the past 10 years you have made 17 posts to date. 1.7 per year.

See you at the track

yes tims car looked good.. i know i gave mr. timmy mac a hand on the build friday night... car went together very smooth.. tim will get a good setup in his car and share with the rest of you... jeremy
Old 10-11-2011, 08:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by JamminSP
I wont be able to make the I27 race but I will be at the RC Pro National Finals and also at Carlton's race. Anytime man! Your buggy looked really good on the track!
Thanks Shaun, yeah I am happy so far where I'm sitting with my setup, ready to put extended chassis on and give it a try. The Alvin track was just a blast to race on. The whoops kept you honest, overall it was a great layout. I'll see you at the Finals in November.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:53 PM
Tech Initiate

So I got to run the buggy for the first time today. I started with the stock setup and it was a bit too loose so I went to 3K diff oil in the rear and lengthened the wheelbase. that helped settle the car down quite a bit. I also tried the purple springs which settled the car down as well. The best thing about this car so far is the acceleration. Its unreal how this car gets up and go's. Probably the best buggy i have had in the acceleration department. Tomorrow I will have a few hours at the track. I plan on going to 5-5-3 diff oils, 40wt shock oil and a stiffer front sway. When I get a good setup I will post a setup sheet.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:42 AM
Tech Regular

So I got to run the buggy for the first time today. I started with the stock setup and it was a bit too loose so I went to 3K diff oil in the rear and lengthened the wheelbase. that helped settle the car down quite a bit. I also tried the purple springs which settled the car down as well. The best thing about this car so far is the acceleration. Its unreal how this car gets up and go's. Probably the best buggy i have had in the acceleration department. Tomorrow I will have a few hours at the track. I plan on going to 5-5-3 diff oils, 40wt shock oil and a stiffer front sway. When I get a good setup I will post a setup sheet.
Thanks Ross for your post!
Old 10-13-2011, 10:44 AM
Tech Regular

We will be attending the Sourthern National in Monroe La.
on Oct 21st to 23rd.
Please feel free to stop by and check out the buggy!
Old 10-13-2011, 08:03 PM
Tech Initiate

I ran the buggy again today and made several changes to it. The car is way better than yesterday. Im liking this buggy more and more as I drive it. I went to 5,5,3 diff oils 40wt shock oil front and rear with 1.5 pistons in the front. I also put on the 2.6 front sway bar. This made the buggy have more traction without loosing some of the aggressiveness. This buggy reminds me alot of my associated rc8. I cant wait to put more time on this car and get some race experience.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:19 AM
Tech Regular

I ran the buggy again today and made several changes to it. The car is way better than yesterday. Im liking this buggy more and more as I drive it. I went to 5,5,3 diff oils 40wt shock oil front and rear with 1.5 pistons in the front. I also put on the 2.6 front sway bar. This made the buggy have more traction without loosing some of the aggressiveness. This buggy reminds me alot of my associated rc8. I cant wait to put more time on this car and get some race experience.
Ross,
Glad you are liking it. We have found out that the more you run it the better you like it. Hunter is digging his as much or better than his MP9 . Which is saying alot
Old 10-16-2011, 04:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Guys attended a race in San Antonio, Texas this weekend at RCHQ. Needed more race time on the BR5 since mother nature shorted us in Alvin,Tx for State finals.
It was low turnout for expert buggy as the Traxxas Torc series was in town and I think alot of the normal locals were attending that. But I tried to make the best of it and was anxious to get some good run times on the "Evo". Overall I had to change shock oil and springs to adjust the buggy what I felt comfortable with. I qualified 3 rd overall after three 5 min qualifiers. As the gate dropped I took the lead over from the the current TQ in the first turn as he wrecked on the first lap and lead the first 5 1/2 min of the race until my pit where I lost the lead. I made a couple of mistakes after that and wound up 2nd as it was only a 15 min qualifier. But I was very happy with the "Evo" and felt very in control of my buggy. Wish the race would've been 30 min. I did not get a chance to put the extended chassis on but will be doing so in the future.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:29 AM
Tech Master

Well guys I guess I make my first post here as an "OFFICAL" Intech Team driver. I want to thank actually Shawn for introducing me to the buggy. I actually gave hime a hard time about it at first. And after watching him run it and do very well with it I must say I am impressed. And Also Russ and Hunter for allowing me to be on a team of great guys. I look forward to working next year with everyone on the team. Although I will and always do work really close to Shawn. If any team member needs my help in any shape form or fashion don't be afraid to come ask. I will be more then glad to do what I can to help. Now that I have my kit up and ready I just need to get my shoulder healed up enough so I can get out and get some run time. I just hope I can get the runs that Hunter, Shawn, and Eddie has thrown down. But when it all comes down to it all that matters is the fun factor..and I know working and being around this group it will all be fun and good...Thanks Guys!!!!!!!!
Old 10-18-2011, 11:14 AM
Tech Regular

Bobby, it is great to have you back in the buggy scene again!
Nick has a nice post on our site.

check it out at http://www.intechracing-usa.com/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.