Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

Team Associated RC8.2 Factory Team Kit is coming

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 10:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

They have figured it out. Test with other parts that are close, decide if you like it, then make your own.

Seems to be working....
Old 02-25-2013, 10:26 PM
Tech Adept

I think what some people can't really wrap their head around is the fact that pro racers are individuals who not only promote a positive brand image but test stuff out. Maifield said it best: "you have stay hungry." That's why they do what they do...find ways to make the car better...innovate. What the Ryans did at the DNC is absolutely stunning. In a sense, this was a response to what was happening a few months ago...just take it for what it is but the point is...it's competitive and they have to stay ahead of the game
Old 02-25-2013, 10:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by heavyjeffd
Go make yourself a set of one off hard anodized shocks with TiNi shafts and let me know what that runs ya.

I wouldn't say the half dozen or so people crying about K parts being on an AE car really made much of a dent in sales.

Just sayin....

It's been going on for years, it's nothing new. Before the XB9 all of my XRay friends were running AE 8.2 shocks on their 808's.

Rinse, repeat.
whatever being that ae already hard anodizes and nitrides whats a few more pieces in the lot not going to cost them anymore to do a few than it does for their production parts making the shock bodies might cost a bit but still not as much as you seem to want us to think. i KNOW there were more than a half dozen that switched and i cant say i blame them hell i bought a mp9 just because i had to find out for myself if the k car was that much better. so not only did they lose customers they lost people buying parts. why would we buy ae parts when the k-parts are what the pros run maybe we should to. i know mr sponsored driver you have to stick up for ae but we all know this had to hurt their sales whether you like it or not. im sure your going to see less ae cars at the tracks this year and more mugens, d812, losi and mp9 but sales wont be down guess we'll see
Old 02-25-2013, 10:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

woooohooooo
Old 02-25-2013, 10:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dooug1960
whatever being that ae already hard anodizes and nitrides whats a few more pieces in the lot not going to cost them anymore to do a few than it does for their production parts making the shock bodies might cost a bit but still not as much as you seem to want us to think. i KNOW there were more than a half dozen that switched and i cant say i blame them hell i bought a mp9 just because i had to find out for myself if the k car was that much better. so not only did they lose customers they lost people buying parts. why would we buy ae parts when the k-parts are what the pros run maybe we should to. i know mr sponsored driver you have to stick up for ae but we all know this had to hurt their sales whether you like it or not. im sure your going to see less ae cars at the tracks this year and more mugens, d812, losi and mp9 but sales wont be down guess we'll see
Absolutely man! in todays world, if you can't make, a simple, toy part for an rc car, GET OUT! Well we all know there not getting out. My guess is they voted for Obama and are hoping someone will come hold there hand!

I don't know... Just throwing shit to the fan. Maybe someone will get hit in the face by a piece and wake tfu!!! get on it guys! People love this brand and will stand by them thick and thin! Time to step up!
Old 02-25-2013, 10:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CleanCutGil
I think what some people can't really wrap their head around is the fact that pro racers are individuals who not only promote a positive brand image but test stuff out. Maifield said it best: "you have stay hungry." That's why they do what they do...find ways to make the car better...innovate. What the Ryans did at the DNC is absolutely stunning. In a sense, this was a response to what was happening a few months ago...just take it for what it is but the point is...it's competitive and they have to stay ahead of the game
Innovation... You can't use somebody else's product and call that innovation. If you're on a racing team and have to implement another racing teams products like Kyosho's then that tells me something is wrong over at AE. Now at the world's if AE blew out all of there shocks and needed Kyosho's to stay in the running them more power to them. The fact that AE doesn't develop new prototype shocks is beyond me. I'm a journeyman Machinist of 20 years and I'll tell you right now I could whip up a complete set of shock- bodies, collars, shafts (and have them coated), caps, cups, and pistons and do so for about $200 to $400 bucks all day long. This is chump change for a company like AE. If AE can't afford to do that then somebody needs to be fired. In the end I don't see anyone else doing things like this and if Maifield wants to stay hungry then he needs to change where he eats!
Old 02-25-2013, 10:56 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sschultz
Absolutely man! in todays world, if you can't make, a simple, toy part for an rc car, GET OUT! Well we all know there not getting out. My guess is they voted for Obama and are hoping someone will come hold there hand!

I don't know... Just throwing shit to the fan. Maybe someone will get hit in the face by a piece and wake tfu!!! get on it guys! People love this brand and will stand by them thick and thin! Time to step up!
Come on man.. you gotta weigh the costs (and no I'm not a sponsored driver):
What's the cost of making own parts = milling $$, testing $$, time $$ yes time is money whether you like it or not. What's the cost of using K-shocks = $0...simple math.

What's the cost of going to the doctor? Your life. What's the cost of going to the barber? A bad haircut...gotta weigh the costs my friend. And no not trying to be a smart ass. Just my thoughts. My professor said finance is voodoo..
Old 02-25-2013, 11:01 PM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by GrimReminder
Innovation... You can't use somebody else's product and call that innovation. If you're on a racing team and have to implement another racing teams products like Kyosho's then that tells me something is wrong over at AE. Now at the world's if AE blew out all of there shocks and needed Kyosho's to stay in the running them more power to them. The fact that AE doesn't develop new prototype shocks is beyond me. I'm a journeyman Machinist of 20 years and I'll tell you right now I could whip up a complete set of shock- bodies, collars, shafts (and have them coated), caps, cups, and pistons and do so for about $200 to $400 bucks all day long. This is chump change for a company like AE. If AE can't afford to do that then somebody needs to be fired. In the end I don't see anyone else doing things like this and if Maifield wants to stay hungry then he needs to change where he eats!
Thank You! I knew a Michigan person would chime into this BS. I lived there 15 years and got my hands dirty of it, and could do it, with a shop! Thanks for helping call out the bs!
Old 02-25-2013, 11:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CleanCutGil
Come on man.. you gotta weigh the costs (and no I'm not a sponsored driver):
What's the cost of making own parts = milling $$, testing $$, time $$ yes time is money whether you like it or not. What's the cost of using K-shocks = $0...simple math.

What's the cost of going to the doctor? Your life. What's the cost of going to the barber? A bad haircut...gotta weigh the costs my friend. And no not trying to be a smart ass. Just my thoughts. My professor said finance is voodoo..
Man, I don't know what to tell you. If they don't have a shop after 40+ years of buisiness, or a shop on hire, I have no clue why they are still around!
Old 02-25-2013, 11:05 PM
Tech Adept

But you know what I mean...they're simply looking at ways to make the car better at low costs. Of course you'll wip-out parts all day because you're not paying for it...your company is. Ask them to make you some parts and they'll think twice. You want to maximize your profit with the least amount of effort. Man I'm showing you guys some valuable stuff right now. lol
Old 02-25-2013, 11:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

+!000000 like i said i shouldnt cost that much to make a set of shocks. Hard anodizing and nitride coatings arent new they've been doing it for a long time now so its not SPECIAL and COST prohibitive. AE should be able to machine any part they dream up in a few days time. now thats innovative. some people seem to think were living in the 80's er something when prototype parts took 6 months to a year to produce and cost thousands but now days we have 3d printers laser scanners cad cnc all run from an air conditioned office
Old 02-25-2013, 11:06 PM
Tech Champion

Winning makes all the off brand part useage much less of an issue afaic..

The off brand stuff at the Worlds, and still not winning with it is what was hard to take..

I think the point has been made, and registered at AE. The couple people spouting off here are just blowing hot air...

Good job AE.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kzbE6CTKrQ&t=0m55s
Old 02-25-2013, 11:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

WOW some think it's so easy go to machine shop make parts LOL. Not as easy as you think. Nothing like testing in real world against others than privite test.

Is this Nascar how are you going to regulate to make them run exactly what they make. Cost of racing just shot up in price and price of your next buggy. The way they do it now working just fine. Why are some have there panties in a twist about what parts they run who really cares
Old 02-25-2013, 11:08 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sschultz
Man, I don't know what to tell you. If they don't have a shop after 40+ years of buisiness, or a shop on hire, I have no clue why they are still around!
Obviously they're still around because they're making smart business decision. You should ask them how they stayed in business for so long??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.