Wiki Posts
Search

What I have learned

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 03:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Jaz240
I'll tell you what I have learned after 13 years running nitro:
There are issues, problems, or annoyances with every vehicle ever made by every company.... Find one you can deal with and makes you happy and fast and just enjoy yourself and your racing buddies.

+2 It would be nice if everyone would sit back and take a minute to realise that very simple fact, and take that very simple action, instead of all the 'brand bashing' that occurs. Take your pick based on your preferences, do your research, and just go out and HAVE FUN.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:07 AM
Tech Elite

This is a funny thread.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I think everyone would agree that every brand has had some weak point or another. And, because of this it open a market for part replacement. This is not limited to only the manufacture of your choice of RC. As a result of parts weak and or strong, it opens the door for us (Humans) to have choice...

Some elect to buy aftermarket and some elect to by stock (Replacement parts)

That's one of the greatest things about this hobby!!! "Choice"

I personally enjoy the building and modding aspect with a stock vehicle. Am I sold that a 50 dollar diff housing is going to make me faster... no .. but for some a 50 dollar diff housing gives them that piece of mind - and with that alone helps "Them" be faster.. Its really just ones opinion verse an others.

Bottom line - if you enjoy your aspect of the hobby it doesn't matter if you run duct tape and tooth picks for your suspension... As long as your are enjoying it!!!

Old 07-13-2011, 09:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I agree that every single buggy has a weak point.

The O.P identifies the MBX6 as perfect - I would say it is not due to chassis flex issues.

I'd rather have stronger than lighter until I get really good.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:22 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mark_Australia
I agree that every single buggy has a weak point.

The O.P identifies the MBX6 as perfect - I would say it is not due to chassis flex issues.

I'd rather have stronger than lighter until I get really good.
True, even with aluminium braces Ive seen a few Mugens with warped chassis.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by offr0aden
I think everyone would agree that every brand has had some weak point or another. And, because of this it open a market for part replacement. This is not limited to only the manufacture of your choice of RC. As a result of parts weak and or strong, it opens the door for us (Humans) to have choice...

Some elect to buy aftermarket and some elect to by stock (Replacement parts)

That's one of the greatest things about this hobby!!! "Choice"

I personally enjoy the building and modding aspect with a stock vehicle. Am I sold that a 50 dollar diff housing is going to make me faster... no .. but for some a 50 dollar diff housing gives them that piece of mind - and with that alone helps "Them" be faster.. Its really just ones opinion verse an others.

Bottom line - if you enjoy your aspect of the hobby it doesn't matter if you run duct tape and tooth picks for your suspension... As long as your are enjoying it!!!

Words of wisdom right there^^^^^.
although ive never seen toothpicks make it to an A-main that aint the point its all about FUN ..
but if you race you can Be competitive and still have the most fun with your pants on,,..
Old 07-14-2011, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trugsta
Words of wisdom right there^^^^^.
although ive never seen toothpicks make it to an A-main that aint the point its all about FUN ..
but if you race you can Be competitive and still have the most fun with your pants on,,..
Or OFF!!!