Pro Speed Optima MX1 Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 08:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default Pro Speed Optima MX1 Buggy

Info and drawings

http://www.buggy-sport.info/index.php/news/1/7534.html

This buggy design started with a completely fresh slate with an emphasis on performance AND ease of maintainence the top two priorities. There's no super trick 9 bellcrank throttle servo linkage, battery zip tied to the front shock tower, etc. Its fresh and clean. Prototypes have been tested in asia for a few months, I will receive one in a few weeks to start testing and finding base setups. There are a ton of features this buggy has noone has ever put into production. Diffs are removed with only 4 screws! the chassis has rear kickup to increase its life and also improve jumping and landing dramatically! Its super lightweight and weight centralized. Pricing has yet to set in USD but Im battling tooth and nail to get them here for a VERY good street price. They are manufactured in the same factory of several top brands, so the plastic and drivetrain will be solid right from the get go. Of course when my buggies show up and building starts I will take pics and post.

Any questions ask away

Last edited by J.Whiting; 11-29-2011 at 04:07 AM.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

Congrats Tony... So your company will be the Distro?
Old 07-01-2011, 08:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Any cad's of the buggy w/o the body?

Looks good so far.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

Pics look good. Front PBS looks like hyperstar and the rear diff configuration looks like Durango. Looks awesome to me can't wait to see them on the track!
Old 07-01-2011, 08:43 AM
Tech Champion

The diffs are similar to tamiya, slightly. Pro Speed diffs are quickly changable... about 2 mins

I have more pics, if its ok with the factory I will post them here. Stay tuned

Yes, Jason
Old 07-01-2011, 09:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tony Newland
The diffs are similar to tamiya, slightly. Pro Speed diffs are quickly changable... about 2 mins

Yes, Jason
Old 07-01-2011, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Wow looks good, i like the lexan and i see alot of great incorporations from existing buggies. Like front lower and upper arm set up using pillow ball styled steering? Also looks kinda losi ish as far as rear toe blocks and kyoshso rear hub style kinda. Lookin real good i wanna see more with body off and can't wait for rear pics. What price should this car be around on shelfs just a guess?
Old 07-01-2011, 10:24 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Tony Newland

Yes, Jason
Man i am ready to see some more pic this might be the Next buggy i give a try.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

i want to see also more pics! it looks really intressting with some nice details...
may be...it can be my next car?
Old 07-01-2011, 12:13 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Rear kick up? Interesting........
Old 07-01-2011, 12:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Shock size? Are they going big bore or no?
Old 07-01-2011, 12:31 PM
Tech Champion

Here's one rear pic, this will show you alot if analized carefully.

First thing you notice are the aluminum bulkhead uprights and diff "carrier". The diff carrier is plastic, lightweight and very rigid. Gear failures will be something of the past. Not only are the bearings held securely by the casing, they are also sandwiched side to side and the pinion by the aluminum bulkhead. Flex in this area will be minimal. Basically you will have to have a bearing failure to allow the ring and pinion gears to move in any direction. This will make a very durable drivetrain that can be setup with exact lash for the highest efficiency also aka: very free drivetrain.

Next you can see the removable bulkhead section that allows the removal of the diff assembly. Four screws and sway bar balls and its in your hand. I will have diffs completely built with CVDs attached so I can swap my complete diff in 2-3 mins. Currently the fastest diff to change takes 10-15 mins because the arm mounts are separated and only the diff assembly is changed, running several ring gears with a single pinion sometimes can raise problems. With this design you will have a complete diff change when you want to try a different oil.

Also you can see the rear kickup, this is huge. Think about what wears out first on your $100+ chassis. And on a bumpy track what part of the chassis hits the ground causing kicking and handling issues. Also the rear toe block is keyed into the chassis, providing even more strength to the rear. By simply adding a few degrees of kickup all of these issues are addressed and the bumpy track handling is improved DRAMATICALLY. The arm mounts are built around the kickup, geometry and adjustments remain the same.
Attached Thumbnails Pro Speed Optima MX1 Buggy-all-h.jpg  
Old 07-01-2011, 12:32 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Locum51
Shock size? Are they going big bore or no?
yes, 15mm ID
Old 07-01-2011, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Good luck Tony on this new life-challenge ... big balls needed to jump into market with a new chassis alternative, i wish you big success.

ps : - Loved what seems to be aluminum bulkheads ...

cya !
Old 07-01-2011, 02:41 PM
Tech Champion

Hey Pato!!

Ive been excited for sometime now after the final drawings had been completed, Ive liked their ideas from the begining. Its not my design, they've only asked me about certain parts of the car and what would be the best. You know it would take something really original to spike my interest, no copy machine cars, IMO there's nothing like it out there. I cant wait to take something from the monitor to the dirt!!

Yes they are alum bulkheads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.